• Published 9th Nov 2011
  • 4,396 Views, 117 Comments

The Wild Goose Chase - Theevina



Princess Celestia has a strange new mission for Twilight.

  • ...
4
 117
 4,396

BONUS - The Letter

This chapter is exclusive bonus content made for FimFiction.net. It has been a great place for me to read and write fanfiction of the show. This is not a part of the original story.


An empty glass was placed under a pink cloud and promptly filled to the brim with chocolate milk raining out of it. Discord, the spirit king of disharmony, raised it in a toast. "Chaos is a wonderful, wonderful thing."

There was nopony around to hear him or answer him. He was seated at his giant empty dining table in his mansion made of giant playing cards.

A familiar sound indicated the coming of Screwball. She flew into the room and whizzed around a few time.

"Hey I have a joke for you!" he called up to her.

She paid him little attention.

"Why did the chicken cross the road? ... To get to the other side! HAHAHA! Oh... that's awful. I don't know why it's still so funny."

Screwball had already left halfway through the joke and he was once again sitting in solitude.

"Okay, I'll admit it. It's no fun being alone. Even the dancing buffalo are getting old. And I was so sure that I had everything I wanted to be happy! What more can I do? Why did I have to get so attached to that Twilight Sparkle?"

And then in the middle of his monologue he felt something coming towards him. It was a letter from somepony in Equestria. There was a burst of flame and a scroll appeared in his hand. Without hesitation, he unraveled it and began to read.

Dear Discord,

It's now been three months since we last spoke and I'm sorry for not writing to you sooner. I still think about you every day. Getting used to my old, normal life was difficult. I hope adjusting wasn't as bad for you.

The day after you left, I was almost sure Princess Celestia was going to discover the statue wasn't you and organize a hunt. But I was surprised to see her do nothing about it. She obviously has to know about it by now, but I think she's letting you stay free for my sake. Just don't do anything stupid or she might change her mind, okay?

I'll be taking a break from my studies in the summer. Then I was thinking I would come to see you again. I haven't worked out the date or any of the details yet so be sure to look out for my next letter.

I hope your chaos was as great as our friendship. I miss seeing you.

Your friend, Twilight Sparkle

Discord set down the letter carefully and noticed a teardrop hit the paper. He looked around to make sure Screwball wasn't watching him. He hadn't felt emotional like this in thousands of years.

"Chaos..." he sighed, wiping away a tear. "She was so right. It's not as wonderful as friendship."

Comments ( 5 )

Yes, I know it's short. But at least most will find it sweet. I'm giving you this as my gift because it's my birthday :pinkiehappy: (or at least it would be if I lived in the Eastern US Time Zone)!

Now I will go to bed and start posting a new story later in the day. :ajsleepy:

Also, besides that new story I am also posting a single chapter horror gore fic in a week or so. :raritydespair:

happy birthday! I'd send you strippers buuuuut I'm kinda...using them :twilightsheepish:

Happy Birthday!

A cute little bonus chapter that filled me with hope for a squeal (even though you said it isn't planned). :pinkiehappy:

As for the new story - eager to see what it'll be. Will definitely give it a shot once it's up.

~F~

Okay, let's recap. :trollestia: dangled the idea of freedom in front of Discord so that he'd behave, then sent him (a known pshycopath) with :twilightsmile:, ALONE, out into the middle of nowhere, just to get her out of town for a few days. Then, upon their return, set Discord back in stone after going back on her promise, and said "Oh no, It's okay :twilightsmile:, he's a complete monster so it's okay to abuse him in such a fashion. Oh, and you are no longer the Element of Magic because you became friends with him and began to make him nicer."

What the fuck, :trollestia:? What the fuck?:twilightangry2:

That was well done, although the ending was a little sad. It ties up "The Return of Harmony" storyline quite well.

Login or register to comment