• Published 9th Nov 2011
  • 4,396 Views, 117 Comments

The Wild Goose Chase - Theevina



Princess Celestia has a strange new mission for Twilight.

  • ...
4
 117
 4,396

1 - Celestia's Request

Spike was running as fast as he could to find Twilight. He had just received an urgent letter from Princess Celestia. Fortunately, he managed to find her in her bed taking an afternoon nap, and although he was told not to disturb her, he shook her awake anyway.

The purple unicorn awoke with a gasp. "Spike! I told you not to wake me up! Have you forgotten how much studying I had to do last night?"

"But you received a letter from the princess, and it's urgent!"

Twilight sighed and quickly unrolled the scroll using her magic.

Dear Twilight Sparkle,

I have urgent need of your assistance in Canterlot. Please come as quickly as possible.

Sincerely, Princess Celestia

Twilight leaped out of bed, and without saying goodbye to Spike, she immediately teleported herself to Canterlot Castle.

While galloping into the sparkling castle, she spotted the princess sitting on her throne, brushing her flowing mane and looking oddly unconcerned.

"Princess, I came as quickly as I could!" Twilight spoke while trying to catch her breath. "What is the problem?"

The princess sounded surprised to hear from Twilight and slowly turned to face her. "Problem?" she asked. "Oh... that's right..." Using magic, she delicately sent her hairbrush to a guard to take away. "I'm afraid something awful has happened and I just don't know what to do!"

"Yes, princess, what is it?"

"Oh, it's just simply dreadful!"

"Yes?"

"I've lost my goose!"

Twilight was taken aback. "Your... what?"

"My goosie woosie! It was my favorite toy as a filly and now I can't find it!"

"Oh..." Twilight squeaked, sounding almost like Fluttershy. "That's pretty... awful. Um, why is this an emergency?"

"Because I feel like I want it now!"

Twilight was unsure if the princess was feeling alright. "Well, when was the last time you saw it?"

The princess pondered. "I think I last had it about... maybe... fifteen hundred years ago."

Twilight honestly couldn't understand why she was talking to the princess about this. "Well that would explain why you're not able to find it. Where have you looked?"

"Oh, I haven't looked for it. That would be silly. It's at my family's old royal home on the other side of Equestria, in the most dangerous of places known to ponykind!"

"And you want me to find it?"

"Uh huh..." The princess smiled. "I have a map!" She sent it over to Twilight via magic.

It was incredibly large and old and showed the geography of Equestria over a millennium ago. That was back in the days when Discord ruled. Things were much different then and Twilight couldn't see how it would be possible to reach her goal.

"Princess, you can't be serious..."

"Look at me Twilight! I am serious." Celestia had a strange madness in her eyes.

"But can't you do this yourself?"

"And leave all of our citizens vulnerable? I don't think so!"

"What about Luna? Can't she go for you?"

"Oh no, she's still trying to catch up on all of the television shows she's missed while on the moon. I think she's now working on Doctor Whooves."

"But I can't do this on my own!"

"I never said you would do it on your own."

"My friends would never agree to go with me!"

"I never said that they would... but I do know of someone who will."

Twilight looked puzzled. She wondered who in their right mind would want to go on this stupid quest for a goose doll.

"Isn't that right? You'll help her." Celestia spoke to someone that Twilight couldn't see. And then out of the shadows behind the throne appeared Discord. The princess continued talking, but Twilight didn't hear any more. She couldn't believe the princess would ever release her greatest enemy, the spirit of chaos and the opposing force of harmony.

"Ah, if it isn't Twilight Sparkle!" Discord grinned. "How good it is to see you again. Well, not really. After all, you did sort of defeat me. But now we can finally be friends!"

Twilight stood stiff with her mouth wide open, still unable to believe this was happening. Discord pushed it shut with a finger. "Oh, don't give me that look. We're going to have a great time together! And do you mind if I just call you Twi or Sparkles or..."

"No! We will never be friends! And you will only call me by my real name, Twilight Sparkle!"

Discord groaned. "Oh drat! You're no more fun than you used to be. But I'm sure you'll warm up in good time." He turned back to the princess. "We'll find your doll, don't you worry!"

"Thank you, Discord! You seem to be a lot more cooperative than Miss Sparkle today."

Discord winked, then he turned around and danced out of the castle while Twilight reluctantly followed behind him. She carried the large, old map on her back, and wondered what could possibly have caused all of this to happen.