• Published 15th Nov 2012
  • 861 Views, 9 Comments

Doctor Whoof: Battle Royal - Muleicous



The Doctor and Rairty travel to Canterlot, just as an annual tournament is about to take place

  • ...
2
 9
 861

(Bonus Part) The Pathetic and Weak Trixie, pt. 2

The Pathetic and Weak Trixie, pt.2

Princess Luna smiled as her horn shined in the dark of her night, it’s magic aiding her in raising the moon as it did every night. The pale, bright orb that had been her home for about one thousand years stood like a silent guardian in the sky, watching and waiting for something to happen so it could strike. Luna giggled at this idea, the moon as her personal bodyguard, how droll. The princess of the night turned from the sky, about to head in for her nightly duties in the royal court, when she stopped in her tracks. Her eyes met those of her older sister, and Celestia didn’t seem to be happy.

“What happened earlier today Lulu?” the sun princess asked, making Luna cringe at her sister’s use of that old pet name, “You pass out, nearly on the verge of death, then you’re suddenly better? Not to mention keeping your student a secret to the entire royal court. I want answers.”

Luna glared at her older sister, “I thought you had all the answers sister.” The smaller alicorn moved past her older sibling quickly, as if she were being followed by Discord himself, “After all, you’re the one who knew what was best for me all those years ago, correct?”

“Luna...” the white princess’ voice sounded ragged and hurt, but she still followed her sister and covered her with a wing, “I’m just worried about you. These headaches, we both know that they aren’t natural. Maybe... Maybe we should stop the tournament-”

“NO! I will not let you be better than me in this! Not like everything else!” the dark blue alicorn cried as she pushed her sister’s wing off of her in a rough motion.

“You’re acting like a child!”

“I am a child! I was frozen on the moon for over one thousand years! Don’t you remember Celestia?! YOU PUT ME THERE!”

Princess Celestia opened her mouth, as if to scream back at her younger sister, then she stopped herself and took a deep breath. Poised as ever, Celestia looked down at her sister, “It is clear that you are not fit to do your duties as a princess of this nobel kingdom of Equestria. Until the tournament is over, I will be raising and lowering the moon and taking over your duties at night.”

“WHAT?!” Luna yelled, a tear falling from her eye as her sister turned into the tyrant that the guards joked about her being.

“Sleep well.” and with that the princess of the day teleported away, leaving her sister crying in rage where she stood, unaware that another mare’s eyes were watching her with glee.

***

One year ago...

It had been weeks since Trixie Lulamoon had seen another pony. The light blue unicorn’s hooves grew tired as she walked ever deeper into the Everfree Forest, the trees seemed to be laughing at the illusionist pony’s attempts to find the road that had lead her to Ponyville in the first place. All the while, Trixie felt as if she was being watched, yet every time she looked over her shoulder nopony was there to greet her. “I must be losing my mind.” The Great and Powerful Trixie thought out loud, “Why would anypony come to this place, aside from wanting to be alone.” However, the trees soon seemed to open, and ahead was a clearing with a large, crumbling stone fortress in the middle of it all.

Quickly, the purple caped pony charged to the large, wooden doors of the massive ruin. As her small, pained hooves slowly opened them, the doors gave a slight creak, as if it had been eons since they were last properly opened. The inside of the formerly great castle was decrypted and dusty, but even Trixie could see that the foyer of the fortress was once a great gathering place. Soon, the name of the ruin came to the little blue unicorn’s lips.

“Everfree Castle.” the impressed and amazed Trixie said out loud.

“Indeed.” a voice from the shadows called. A tall, dark blue alicorn stepped into the light, her mane flowing in the wind and shining like the stars. Trixie quickly bowed, honored by the appearance of one of the two most powerful beings in Equestria.

“P... Princess Luna, why are you here?” the unicorn asked. The princess of the night only smiled as she teleported her and her new student out of the large decaying castle.

***

Six months ago...

“You did what?!” Luna yelled, glaring at her student. The princess of the night had known that Trixie was gone from the palace, but she could never had guess where she had gone.

“I... I’m sorry master.” Trixie Lulamoon said, cringing at her mentor’s complete anger. She had never seen Princess Luna so enraged, in fact she had never seen Luna enraged at all. “I didn’t know that the amulet corrupted the wearer’s soul. Please don’t throw me out!” The scared and worried Trixie fell to the ground, her forehooves wrapping around her teacher’s as she sobbed like a foal. Luna looked down at her student, a frown still encasing her lips.

“It will not be so easy to forgive you Trixie,” the princess of the moon replied, “but... I cannot stay mad at you. But you must know, training is not a way to get everything you want fast, and as you’ve seen the short cuts can be disastrous.” Princess Luna opened the small chest that the shaman zebra Zecora had given her earlier that day. Inside was the fabled and infamous Alicorn Amulet, a relic that Discord himself had made to try and counteract the power of the Elements of Harmony. Just by looking at it, the dark blue alicorn could see the black magic oozing off of the trinket. Luna quickly slammed the lid down and pushed the chest away, motioning for her night guards to take it. “I need to know that you will not do anything like that again.”

Trixie stood, her face stained with tears. “I... I give you my word Master Luna.”

“Good. Then let’s proceed to tonight’s training.”

***

Luna smiled as she recalled the memories of the past year, all the good time she had with her new student. Many of the night guards actually became bold enough to comment to the princess that she seemed... Happier. Suddenly, Luna fell to the ground, much like Trixie did that night she confessed to going to Curio’s Mystic’s Shop; however, the cause of this was another of her mind splitting headaches. Slowly, the princess of the night tired to stand, but each time she fell to the hard stone floor. As her vision blurred, Luna couldn’t help but smile as the fuzzy shape of a light blue unicorn rushed up to her.

“Master!” Trixie shouted, lifting Luna with her magic as the princess drifted off to a restful, yet pained sleep.

***

“Master...” The cloaked, alabaster pony bowed to the strange creature that had teleported into the dungeons. “It has been too long.”

“Silence,” the creature said, his voice booming in the stone and metal room, “have the preparations been made?”

Next to the cloaked pony, General Stormbreaker bowed, “Yes sir, nopony suspects a thing. The Rani is in place, as are all the pony pawns... Including Princess Luna.”

“Thank you Stormbreaker, you’ve been a good ally in all of this,” the creature clicked his hooves together, then turned back to his cloaked lackey. “What of my old friend, The Doctor?”

The female pony paused, looking to the ground as she tried to answer, “You see... Master... T...The Doctor is... We’ve lost him.”

“Lost... Him? LOST HIM!?!?” the roars from the cloaked one’s master seemed to shake the dungeon, rattling chains and breaking cage doors off their hinges, “You pathetic little insect! Do you know how perfect of a victory I would have if you knew where he was?! I could have killed him right now! I could’ve broken his neck while he was sleeping, but no! You... I am holding you responsible for this, you damn insect, you... will kill The Doctor.”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment