• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 508 Views, 12 Comments

Who am I? - SpikE-dog



The 1st person tale of a colt who wakes up cut and bruised on the outskirts of the Everfree forest. Oh yeah, and he has amnesia. (I'm just testing this one out but if you like it please let me know)

  • ...
10
 12
 508

Really waking up

I continued to slip in and out of consciousness as I was what felt like being carried through the Everfree forest. Through once of my conscious time lapses I tilted my head and saw that orange mare from before. Except this time I was staring at the back/side of her head and noticed her blond mane in a ponytail. I saw her teeth clenched as she was carrying me on her back. I slipped out of consciousness again.

This time I woke up in what seemed like a hospital bed. I focused a little an saw that, sure enough. I was in a hospital. There was a long IV tube going into my arm and there was a snow white mare wearing a nurses hat leaning over me.

"Don't try to get up, just let the medicine do it's work." The nurse exclaimed.

I didn't have much of a choice. I treys to move my hoofs but they felt like lead.

My recovery went rather quick according to nurse Redheart, as I later learned her name was, who would bring me my meals and change my bandages every few days. But it certainly didn't feel quick. There would be periods of hours where I would just sit there and stare at the wall.

"How much longer do I have to sit here and do nothing!!!" I thought.

Although I would try to make some sense of what happened. Nurse Redheart had told me it was just a case of amnesia but it felt different than that. I couldn't remember anything. My name, family, home, nothing.

Things didn't stay that way for much longer though. The day before I was to be released Nurse Redheart entered the room with a gentle knock.

"Sir, you have a visitor."

Visitor? Who would visit me here? I didn't even know who anypony was. With that, a pink whirlwind of confetti and balloons burst by Redheart.

"SURPRISE VISIT!!!!" The pink mare shouted.

"Um...hi..." I managed to stutter.

"I'm pinkie pie!" The bubbly mare shouted in my face. "I just came to visit you cus I thought hey, I've never seen this colt around ponyville or anywhere for that matter so I thought that you wouldn't know anypony either so you must be lonely so I thought *GASP*, we should throw you a mystery quest party so you can meet everypony and maybe find out why you were so scritchy-scratched up and unconscious in the Everfree forest. By the way I don't even know your name new pony. I'm Pinkie Pie but I think I already said that but it doesn't matter cus you could have already forgotten with your amnesia and all so I'll just keep reminding you. By the way what's your name?"

I just sat there frozen, staring at the pink mare's somewhat goofy smile. "Um I can't really remember anything. Sorry." I responded Pinkie. She kept that same goofy smile spread across her face. "Oh, well that's okay we can just come up with a name for you at your Super-dooper-naming-and-welcome-to-ponyville-party." She got out of my face and hopped her way to the door where Nurse Redheart was still recovering from her entrance. "Oh, and by the way colt-to-be-named-later, make sure you pay Applejack a visit once your better."

"Applejack?" I asked her.

"She's the orange mare that carried you ALL the way from where we found you to the outskirts of Ponyville."

"Really, she carried my all that way?"

"Oh sure, applejack'a one of the toughest mares around. You'll find her a Sweet Apple Acres just down the road from here. She's been worried sick about you ever since you came in. I think you two would really hit it off." At that she gave me a wink and bounced out of the room."

I sat their in shocked silence for a moment. "Wait...WHAT!?"
_________________________________

It felt so good to finally feel the sun on my fur and the wind in my mane again. Nurse Redheart had told me to take it easy for the first week or so. I still had one or two visible cuts on my side that were still healing but hey, on the bright side, no mare can resist a battle scar. I also had a tigh bandage on my back left leg covering one of my more serious wounds. Anyway, I decided that my first stop should be at Applejacks...to thank her of course for everything. Now where did Pinkie say this place was...

"LOOK OUT!" A voice shouted from overhead. I looked up to see a purple pegasus flying straight at me. I managed to zap myself out of the way just before she landed, or more like crashed, into the dirt path.

"Are you okay?" I ran up to the mare and before either of us were able to say anything else I noticed a purple horn on her head protruding through her mane. "Wait, your an alicorn!?"

The purple alicorn straightened up.
"Sorry, I'm still getting used to the whole flying business. Hey, aren't you that colt that Pinkie and Applejack found in The Everfree Forest?" She gave me a once over and mumbled "Applejack wasn't kidding."

"What?" I exclaimed.

"Oh, nothing. My name is Twilight Sparkle. Although the official title is princess". She seemed to say the word with somewhat of a disgusted tone. "I wanted to come by and see how you were doing."

"I'm fine thanks. Nurse Redheart said I should just take it easy for the first few days since I still have a few cuts."

"Well that's a relief." Twilight responded. "I was worried that some of your injuries would be beyond my ability to cure."

I paused. "Wait, you healed me?"

"No, Nurse Redheart did most of the recovery but Applejack and I helped in mended your more serious wounds when you first came in. You should go see her. I've never seen Applejack that worried before, even when Big Macintosh got trapped under that wagon Applejack was perfectly calm."

"Big Macintosh?" I asked her. Somehow these names seemed to be piecing together.

"Oh, he's Applejacks big brother. Whenever anypony needs "physical" assistance, Big Mac won't hesitate to help. He's always so kind and gentle..." Twilight started to carry on.

"Sounds like you two are pretty close." Maybe it was just my imagination but I could have sworn I saw her blush.

"Well...*cough*...yes, as princess it's my duty to become familiar with all the citizens I possibly can." She quickly straightened up. "Anyway I suggest you go visit sweet apple acres and if you have any more problems don't hesitate to visit me at the library mr... um...what was your name?"

"Well that's just the thing, Nurse Redheart says I've got amnesia from a bump on my head."

"Here let me see." Twilight sifted through my mane and poked at the bump located right squat in the middle of my head. "Hmm, I may be able to find a spell to reverse the amnesia for you." she said.

"Really?" I eagerly perked up.

"It's quite possible but it will take some digging to find it. I'll let you know as soon as I find anything." And with that she trotted off into the quaint little town.

Comments ( 12 )

This story is profoundly vapid in a way I have rarely seen. It is quite an achievement.

It's Of Dragons and Mortals all over again.

4500863 Except this time they aren't trying to hide behind 'The Basement Dweller's God'. I'll give him props for not trying to hide his shitty self insert, but that's where the props end.

4500879 actually peppy grayskull this isn't supposed to be my OC just some random pony.

Good job with this story. I don't know why it has so many down votes. I hope you continue to write. I hope the next chapter comes out soon.

4500887 Mmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'll believe you when Hasbro turns MLP into a gritty murder mystery.

4502326 they already did that in the episode MMMMystery or the Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness which is based of a murder mystery "murder on the Orient express"written by agatha Christine. Don't believe me look up the episode.

4502473 Gritty murder mystery. Nothing was murdered. Nothing was gritty. It was a happy-fun episode about people eating cake. Just because they had a mystery around it doesn't make it a gritty murder mystery,

sounding good keep on the good work:pinkiehappy:

Hey just wondering if this is going to continue
(I am cleaning out my Read Later and tgis has neen in since june)

5151556 eventually but not for a while I'm now working on chpt 3 of getting butterflies and I might get back to this after. down votes are discouraging:(. So you can take it off for now but I will keep you updated.

Login or register to comment