• Published 7th Apr 2012
  • 834 Views, 17 Comments

Haylo equestria: ponies evolved - SCOOTALOOxDAAWW



a spartan lieutenant is sent down to a new planet for a simple recon mission, what could go wrong?

  • ...
21
 17
 834

chapter 2: meeting the gang

Chapter 2: meeting the gang


It was a crisp morning as Celestia's sun rose up above the horizon and bid farewell to Luna's moon. Leroy awoke from his sleep on the surprisingly comfy couch that Fluttershy had offered him the night before, as he reached for the glass of water on the table next to him he felt his arm brush against something, he looked down only to see the same canary pegasus that he had helped the night before lay next to him with her head on his shoulders. In all fairness she was probably studying him, I mean its not often that you mean an alien species right or at least not to them. Fluttershy awoke with a start when she felt the cold metal plated arm brush against her slender yellow body and jumped back in shock only to see the same two legged creature from the previous night, she started to blush and said in a quiet voice "sorry if it felt awkward but my bedside lamp broke and I don't like the dark", Leroy new how she felt he himself hated nothing more than the dark. He was a ruthless killing machine trained and told that darkness was his best friend, however in the dark if you are watching something then chances are that something is watching you as well.

" Don't worry Flutter I know just how you feel" the canary pegasus blushed a vibrant red and Leroy quickly added "is it ok to call you Flutter its just that it is shorter than Fluttershy" Fluttershy gave a smile and simply nodded.

" But how could you know how I feel you are tall and very strong you aren't afraid of anything...right?"

" You would be surprised, if only you new what I had to go through on a daily basis"

" Well if you wouldn't mind I would love to introduce you to my friends, we are all having a meet up at Sweet Apple Acres today so you will meet them all"

" That would be great id love to meet them and any other ponies in this town" and then he thought to himself "wow an alien race that DOESN'T want to kill me"

As the pair got ready to leave Leroy decided to leave his weapons as this place seemed nice enough, but he still took his pistol as a precaution. It was a long walk to Applejack's house as her and Fluttershy's house were an entire town apart, on the way through the town of what Fluttershy had said was ponyville Leroy was constantly being stared at by ponies from every angle. He decided to take his helmet of to show that he had a face, when he did this some ponies turned away but most were still staring, Leroy could feel himself blushing and put his helmet back on. When they finally got to Sweet Apple Acres it was roughly midday and the sun was high in the sky.

" Oh look there they are,um could you please wait here until I wave to you, its just I don't want them to freak out and get scared." said Fluttershy in the same quiet tone as always, the Spartan nodded silently and crouched next to a bush and watched as his companion walked over to the multicoloured group just ahead.

" Well howdy there Fluttershy tis bout darn tahm ya got here"

" Im terribly sorry Applejack but my friend and i woke up late." Immediately Rarity walked over and Asked the Yellow pony.

" So who is this lucky stallion"

" Oh no, we aren't dating in fact he isn't even a pony" the five mares stared confused. "OK he is here with me but I told him to wait behind as not to scare you" she looked at Rainbow Dash, "or surprise you" Rainbow Dash went a bright shade of red.

" Oh him"

" Wait you have met him before" asked a lavender coloured unicorn

" Oh don't worry im sure he can explain" Said the yellow pegasus with a shy smile on her face, and with a wave of her hoof a tall figure plated in metal walked out from the bush and walked over to the six ponies. four of them looked surprised one was smiling and the other was blushing uncontrollably.Leroy was about to say hello when suddenly he was knocked over once again but this time by a pink pony with a cotton candy mane.

" Himynameispinkypieandivnevermetyoubefore."

" Um excuse me?" asked Leroy from under the pony. The other three looked even more shocked.

" It can talk" they said in unison.

" 'IT' is a 'HE' and yes he does talk" replied Fluttershy Leroy tucking pinky pie under his arm got up from the ground and put her down once he had his balance again.

" What is your name then" asked the bright pink pony.

" Leroy" replied the soldier.

"Well Pleased to meet y'all where are ya from" asked Applejack.

"I was born on the Reach."

"Reach? I'v never heard of it. Said twilight confused.

"Well that isn't surprising as it is four galaxies away" the six mares looked shocked at him.

"An alien? they shouted at the same time.

"Well to you I am" Twilights interest had grown now.

"So uh Leroy what is your world like then."

"My world?" he began "my world was once peaceful, but then wars engulfed the planet and we fought... we faught for our lives and our countries, and we thought, how could it get any worse than things already are. But then, in the middle of the bloodshed and the merciless killing of our species came something worse, a collection of aliens that called themself the covenant. they came to our planet and killed, they just killed, they had weapons far superior to ours and our species had to join together to fight them. Worst part is..." he took off his helmet and slid down to the ground in tears, the 5 ponies watched in awe, partly due to the alien sat crying before them but mostly because of howw brutal this poor creatures home was. As Leroy sat there in tears Fluttershy ran over and embraced him in a tight hug, he returned the favour. "Worst part is... we are losing, everywhere we go they just follow us and kill and will soon wipe us all out."

"but why in the name of all things oats an' apples would they get out of this and why do they do it." asked Applejack to the teary eyed spartan.

"we dont know, there are these rings wich my species calls the halo rings and they are able to k-ftzzzzzz" Leroy looked to see the source of the noise when the smell of burning flesh hit his nostrils, he looked down to see Fluttershy fall limply from his shoulder with a plasma burn right through her flank. "NO!" he looked up to see the faces of a brute minor laughing at the poor pony that he had shot.

"Ha what weak and pathetic little creatures"

"oh sweet Celestia. Fluttershy are you ok. Leroy what is that thing it is almost twice your size" cryed Twilight in disbelief that she had not only lost a friend but that she would die too" Leroy looked down at his friend as she grabbed his arm.

"Leroy?"

"Yes Flutter" he asked franticly while keeping his eyes on the brute, he probably was waiting for his backup.

"I dont want to die" muttered Fluttershy as her eyes closed and she fell unconsious. He looked up at the brute with sheer anger in his eyes.

"you killed her! you bloody killed her! what did she ever do to you!" he yelled in pure fury.

"ha! something as weak as that doesnt deserve to live" mocked the brute. that was the last straw. after hearing that being said Leroy snapped. he got to his feet and chrged the brute head on this was a stupid move for anyone but leroy have come top in agility training every time. As the brute swung his huge ape-like arms at leroy the spartan slid low straight between the brutes legs before getting up and immediately spinning 180 degrees and landing a roundhouse right into the brutes temple, the beast hit the ground as Leroy lept onto the brutes chest and pulling out his magnum and aiming it right between the brute's eyes. the brute began to beg for mercy but Leroy just kept pistol whipping it until it could no longer talk through the pain. Leroy finally took aim between the brutes eyes and looked at the 5 mares staring at him in awe as if to say dont do it but then his eyes fell to his dead friend and said.

"Cover your eyes" he said and when none of them were looking he pulled back the trigger blowing the brutes brains all ove the dirt track they were lay on. As soon as the Brute was dead he ran over to his friends and to Fluttershy.

"Flutter can you hear me, come on answer me... please" he was answered by a low whimper and that was good enough for him, he opened up a compartment in his breastplate and took out a small metal box. he took out two small pills from the box and put them on Fluttershy's tongue. he then picked her up and motioned for them to follow.

"where are we going and what is going on?" asked Rainbow dash in a worried voice.

"I will explain later but for now we need to get back to Flutter's house."

Comments ( 1 )

very good :pinkiehappy::raritystarry::yay::twilightsmile: however the brute kinda came out of nowhere and brutes usually come in small groups. i don't think a Spartan (super soldier) will just have a mental breakdown just like that.

Login or register to comment