• Published 12th Jun 2014
  • 2,853 Views, 86 Comments

Cole in Equestria - QuickType



(semi self insert) Cole gets transported unexpectedly right on top of the 2 princesses having tea..opps

  • ...
18
 86
 2,853

Nightmare night fright! (UNEDITED READ AT OWN RISK!)

Chapter5

POV Luna

Cole's plan was perfecct, after telling him what goes on during nightmare night he thought it would be a good idea to use the 'MYTH' about humans to scare every pony.

Very few ponies actually know humans actually existed, In historical documents to call a soldier a human is to mean they had killed meny for their country, not that they where literal humans witch they some times where. She had been penpals with a scincetist who studyed humans and there history and even had the trust to access to the long abandoned hidden Human capitol, in the badlands.

Her name was Lyra Heartstrings a mint green unicorn with a lighter mint green mane with a white streek and golden eyes.

Luna had grown fond of her, and her bit of an unhealthy obsession with human history, and culture.

She sent her a letter exsplaining what to do and who not to bring with her when the fillys and colts go to offer her candy.

Then she made shure the elements know what was goin on to avoid an acidental fireing of the elements.

All they had to do now was wait for night.

============================================================================================================

POV Twilight

Everything is set for tonight, the games, the food, the candy. It was already about 5:30 she had already informed the town Luna would be coming when the colts and filliys went to the statue in the forest, with their candy.

She and the girls had been soo busy they forgot to pick their costumes, except for pinkie who always plans for today a year ahead. so she and the others just re-wore the same costumes from last year.

She was happy to be home in her library tree.

"Hey, um, Twilight? " A voice said behind her

Turning around she found spike a baby purple and green scaled dragon... dressed as a piece of candy.

"Do you like my costume?" he asked in his childish voice.

Twilight smiled trying not to laugh " Its great." she said

"Thanks twilight!" He said before running off again

Twilight sighed she was going to have to teach magic to a being that already has more magical potential then she did a year ago! He probobly doesn't even know the first thing about magic!

It was going to be an intresting to see how well she can teach another being what she's learned.

'Its good lyra offered to keep him at her house I dont think I could stand havng 5 difrent species living in my house at once.' Twilight thought also remembering that the changeling John would be staying with her,, before she picked up a history book and started to read.
==========================================================================================================

POV Lyra

Lyra sat in her living room surround by her research.

' A Human! They actually found a human!' she thought to herself with glee.

Maybe it was not a human that knows its species past here, but a human never the less.

Lyra was just excited to meet one, which remined her.

"Hey Bonbon! Are you finished clearing the guest room?"

she asked her beige coat, pigment blue mane with a rose pink streak, cerulean eyes, room mate... Lyra had no idea why she described what Bonbon looked like in her head but it did not matter as she heard her respond.

"Yes Lyra, now tell me again why I had to do it?" Bonbon asked coming down the stairs into the living room.

"A freind of Princess Luna will be staying with us for an unknown amount of time, he will be arriving with Luna." Lyra replied

Lyra lived with her housemate in a upper-middle-middle class equestran home, it wasnt very big it had an open floor plan with the kiction and the livingroom connected, two bathrooms, a diningroom, a bacement, attic, and three beadrooms. It was in the heart of ponyville on East Carriage Run. which was just before market st.

''Yes I know why, but why did I do it by my self?"

"I am refreshing myself on my research as instructed by Princess Luna." Lyra awncered

Bon bon rolled her eyes she had never beleived Lyra even when she claimed to see one run thru the outskerts of the town and said it was just some hairless ape she saw.

Lyra sighed 'She will know soon enough.'

===========================================================================================================

POV Cole

While he was waiting for the day to end Cole decided to practace a bit with his bow, poking his head out his room he asked one of the guards if there was an archery range, and if he could go there.

The guards agreed to take him there much to Coles enjoyment.

Cole was once agein escorted thru the menyhalls of Canterlot Castle, its art still as beautiful as ever he was lead past the barracks thru what looked like to be a arena for hand to hand combact... or for them hoof to hoof. Cole chuckled at the pun as he was brought into another court yard this one was pritty darn big he saw what looked like recruits training to become guards. There were all sorts of things to do Sword dummys, The range, spear throwing range, lifting equipment, and a track that ranaround most of the place going around the ranges.

"Here we are, the training grounds." One of the guards said "You have free range of all the facilitys."

"Thank you" Cole said as the guard turned and left leaving Cole with the training recruts, their drill sargents and training guards.

He walked over to the archery range there where some unicorns practacing with their bows they weren't extreamly acurate but it wasnt bad, considering how far the distance was witch looked to be about 50m maybie 55m.

Cole pulled his compound out from his DP and grabed a arrow from the stand in front of him. He pulled back the string and concintrated took a breath and releaced his arrow.

What he heard next was a 'thunk'. Perfect bullseye on the first time that!

Cole looked at the unicorns next to him they just stood there stareing in shock.

"How did you do that?" one asked

"Ive been useing a bow since I could first pullback a string to one so ive been prataceing since I was 6 years old, that and me and my dad practice at Olympic standards that means the target is 70m away and a little smaller, also I hunt moving targets so a still one is almost nothing." Cole explained as he drew another arrow.

"If I am lucky I might split the previous arrow." Cole said as he lined up the shot he slowed his breathing, took a breath while concentrating the shot and released.

With a satifying 'thunk' Cole hit the target a second time. He did not split the arrow but he came close, the arrows where touching eachother.

Getting slightly bord with this he put lless consentration and thought into his third shot wich landed right next to the second, a bit farther out but still within the bullseye zone.

Getting bord, Cole decided he would go and see what John was up to.

=============================================================================================================

POV John

The castle was so lovely in the evenigs, it made John happy he left his hive he had been so lucky to have met Cole. As he wondered the halls aimlessly he admired the orange of the sunset coming thru the windows.

"Hey John!" he heard a voice say from behind him.

Turning around he saw Tiny flying towards him. 'He must have just gotten releived of duty.' John thought to himself.

John flinched in ann attempt to dodge the incoming earthpony sized Pegasus, just to be tackled.

"Hey Tiny." John wheezed "Whats up?"

"I got you a present." he said holng up two paires of bandanas one was a light blue had the symbol for the flag of Equestria and the other was black with Cole's handprint on it in red.

"These are so others identify you are one of us without you having to put on armor all the time when in public."

John put one on both shoulder. "The armband with Coles hand also changes color based on what he has the armor set to, the other pair I got is for Cole. " Tiny Explained

==============================================================

POV Cole

Cole had asked a couple guards and a maid if they had seen John they all said he was sight seeing in the west wing.

Cole rounded a cupple corners and saw John and Tiny talking.

"Hey guys!" Cole said approching them

"Speaking of the Devil." Tiny said

"I should have not have told you all those sayings." Cole said shaking his head "whats up?"

"These!" John said showing Cole both of the bandanas on his sholders "We can wheir them to show that we are on Equestria's side and ponys will be less afraid to approach in public."

"Neat!" Cole said sliping a bandana on each shoulder.

Cole looked out the window, it was getting dark quickly.

"What time is it?" Tiny asked

Cole reached into his pocket while mindlessly opening his DP and pulled out his phone and checked the time. "Its about 6:00." He said before putting it back.

"What was that device you just pulled out?" Tiny asked.

Cole then relized he had not even thought about his phone or his ipod during the entire time he had been in equestria witch ment he had gone 4-5 days without his phone. "This place really is magic." Cole said before realizing He had been asked a question.

"Oh, This." he said pulling it back out agein "is a smart phone, its common tec. where i come from I have a lifeproof case on both my phone and my ipod." he said Pulling his ipod out to.

"I know a scincetist in ponyville is going to want to have a look at those." Luna said appearing out of nowhere.

All three bowed upon seeing her.

"You and the night guards are like ninjas!" Cole exclaimed

Luna giggled a bit " Are you ready to depart? It will take us about 2 hours to get there by carriage."

"Isnt the train faster?" Cole asked remenbering how fast he got to ponyville when he was escaping.

"No the train would take 4 hours...You slept for 3/4 of the trip on youre escape attempt remember?" Luna asked

"Ya....how did you know that?"

" I put a monitoring spell on you and was rooting for you the entire way."

"Um... thanks?" Cole said feeling a bit violated but shruged it off. "Well I am ready if John Is ready." He said.

"I am ready to go." John said.

"Alright then yes we arre ready."

"Then please follow me to the hanger. " Luna said as she started walking.

They walked down more hallways until they came to an open well lit area the looked like well, a hanger. there was a Dark blue chariot in front of them and a team of 4 night guards where hitched to the pull.

They got in and with a small lerch the Guards started galloping towards the edge of the hanger. As they where about to go over the edge they opened there wings and the chariot ascended into the air.

Cole was a bit nerved by the open ended back to the charoit but the ride was enjoyable the wind was a bit cold, Cole despite his best judgement looked over the edge, it was beautiful, behind them the city lights glowed beneth them. and infront COle could see a small glow in the distance.

"Thats ponyville over there." Luna said while pointing twords the small glow. "We are headed strait to the forest to set up."

The rest of the flight was silent and wonderful.

============================================================================================================

POV Cole

Time 8:35

Cole crouched with John behind a bush hidden from view next to the Nightmare moon statue.

He doned his darkened armor with an enchantment Luna thought to put on his eyes to make them glow red on command.

He heard voices with footsteps... Hoofsteps? Cole shook his head, this was not the time to think about all the puns this world had to offer.

Cole saw thru the bushes a group of fillys and colts being lead by a Zebra and mint green a unicorn remembering what luna had told him about nightmare night traditions and who was coming, that must be Zicora and Lyra.

"The night is still young." Zicora started saying. "Place down youre offerings to begin the fun."

Each of the fillys and colts duped a good portion of candy from their buckets before the statue.

"You have done well to appease me little ones." a darker version of Luna's voice said on the wind. The statue was Replaced by what was obvously a darker version on Luna her wings where replaced by giand ebony batwings her entire coat turned as black as the void of nothing ness and her mane turned a lighter blue and her eyes shone like great big evil safires with slits for peplos.

She hopped off the statue and with flash of lightning she was her normal self again. "This year I am changeing it up a little." Her horn flashed and a nearby campfire pile was engoulphed in flame.

"I will tell you about some of the most horrific monsters we have faced or told storys of." she said with a smile "It is said some of these creatures still live in this forest hunting on those who dare to enter..." She paused for effect. "One such creature is the Human."

They all gathered around the fire in front of the statue. "But before I tell you that story, I am going to tell some you might have already heard."

Cole sat with John as they lissoned to storys about giant bears, headless horses, old ponys who lost a rusty horse shoe for some odd reason, they wernt that scary, but they where fun to lisson to.

"Now I will tell you little ones the legend of the human... They say that there is an old race of Bipedial creatures that would watch the world grow around them, they would watch and learn, they are Human they where as smart as us, as talented as us, some of these humans would even go out and slay dragons to steal there life force to live longer! " Some of the ponies gasped.

Cole, Lyra and Zicora already knew the story was fake so no harm done.

Luna continued "After a major battle with the alicorns of old the humans dissapered into this forest and where rarely ever seen again, but if there is a bad little filly or colt in a town near the forest, one human comes out and eats them in there sleep!" Luna said causeing more lightning to flash. Some of the fillys screemed.

"h-how do we stop them?" a Little Colt asked
Cole started creeping behind the young ones back slowly moving his head closer and closer to be inbetween two of them but stayed quiet.
"They only have one thing they cant resist and thats--"

"Chocolate." Cole said startleing all the little ones and causeing, one on the end of the log to fall off. "and a good story"

The children where frozen in fear as Cole bowed to Luna. "It is good to see you again Princess may I and my companion partake in some of youre, chocolate?" Cole said with a smile and eyes glowing as practaced, on que, John apppered russled the bush as he appered. Causeing the children to gasp yet again.

"You may as long as you promoise not to eat these children."

"Deal!" Cole said quickly as possible before grabbing 2 candy bars from the pile, and tossing one to John who grasped in a magic bubble.

Cole sat down on a log with John and started munching on the bar.

Swollowing what he ate before he said "So.. morsals, I mean children... any questions?"

One of the fillys stood up and walked twords him and John.

"Applebloom be careful"! a white unicorn filly said her mane was a cupple difrent shades of purple.

"Calm down sweetie bell he is harmless." the filly responded she was yellow with a red mand and a big bow in her hair.

Applebloom walked twords the log and sat down next to Cole.

"How do you know I am not dangerus?" Cole asked her.

"Well besides the fact that the princess here wouldn't put all of us in real danger, Ive been readin' up on creatures of equestria and all of what Luna's story had said was never mentioned except just plain paranoia."

Cole frowned slightly "Ok, you got us, the creature is real but the story is false, you are just to smart for us."

" Hey! Maybie you got a Cutiemark in problem solving!" A small orange pegasus with a purple maine said.

"Maybie youre right Scootaloo!" Applebloom said then looking excitedly at her flank then frowned "No still blank.." she said

Some of the other Fillys giggled at her.

"Whats a cutiemark?" Cole said outloud causeing the children to twitch, they forgot about the newest creature amongst them.

Applebloom stood on the log and looked up at Cole "How the heck do ya'll not know what a cutiemark is? Its a mark that appears on our flank when we learn what our talent is!"

Thats when Cole notaced all the marks on most of the ponies flanks.

"Dont humans get something?" she asked with curiosity.

"No, we dont where i comefrom if you find somthing you are good at you get a pat on the back and told good job, then we move on to the next thing we are good at."

"So humans have meany talents?" she asked.

"Yes, I guess we do." Cole said before taking another bite out of the chocolate bar.

"Children we shouldent linger here, incase something draws near." Zicora said getting up.

"Zicora is right, we should probobly go back to ponyville now." Luna said

"But what about the human and the changeling?" Applebloom asked

"Well Cole, the humman is going to be living with me. and John, the changeling is living with Twilight, for the time being." Lyra said.

"This is just my way to say hi, besides Luna and I really scared you all didn't we?" Cole said as they started walking back to the town

There was mix of yeses and some nos.

"Do you all actuly have questions for me or John?" Cole asked

"Ya, why do you travel with a changeling?" Scootaloo asked.

"Well Cole saved my life, I was being chased by a mantacore and Cole killed it with a single arrow to the face." John said

"Oh ya i still have the pelt and meat from that. Who wants to see the pelt?" Cole said

" I dont beleave you!" a small pink gray haired Filly said her cutiemark matched the dimond taria on her head.

"ya prove it!" a small gray white haired filly said her Cutiemark was of a silverspoon.

"Sure , but what are youre names?"

"I'm Dimondtiara" The pink one said
"and I am Silver Spoon." The gray one said

"Ok, Here you go." Cole pulled the pelt out of the void. And showed the hole where his arrow penetrated the hide inbetween the eyes.

"Woh." Scootaloo comented "Thats awsome! You are so cool!"

"yup" Cole said puting it back.

There was a deep growl of something to the left.

Cole pulled out his sword and it started glowing red. "Just incase." he ashured the ponies.

They kept walking untill they came to the edge of the forest, and Cole put the sword away.

"I would change into something more happy if I where you." Luna said

"Ok" Cole told the armor to go home. With a small flash he was back in his street clothes with the bandanas on his arms.

=============================================================================================================

As they walked into town they got some strange looks and everybody started murmering.

Everybody qent quiet as Luna cleared her throat to speak.

"Good evening my subjects, I hope you are all enjoying the festivities, as you can plainly see there is a human and a changeling next to me. I give you my word they are harmless unless prevoked, this is Cole The Human and John The Changeling, they will be staying in ponyville from this moment on. " Luna paused for a moment "You are to treat them as you would any other pony, this is a test for you all."

"Pleased to meet you all." Cole said only to be met with an akward silence.

"Come with me Cole we shalst have fun!" Luna said picking up what looked like a plush spider and throwing it at a web.

=============================================================================================================

Cole and John followed Luna around for the rest of the night going from game to game. Cole was delighted to discover they gave out full size candy bars for each win.

Looking around some ponies would stare at him and John, it was a tad creepy but not by much.

"This is a better reaction from them since the first time I came to ponyville for nightmare night."

"What happened?"

"You know the form I took in the forest to scare the children?"

"Ya"

"Well after i was releaced from my prison on the moon, I tryed to take over again and scared eveypony in the prosses, so when I came back, I also didnot know not to use the royal voice..."

"Let me guess they thought you where evil and came back for revenge?"

"Yes." Luna said drooping her head slightly

"Hey dont be sad you are better now, and shure they are staireing at me and John is a bit creepy but I dont blame them." Cole said before sighing "It is probobly what my kind would do... before they call the goverment, or animal control."

"Do I want to know what they woulld do to us after the goverment took said creature?" Luna asked with an eyebrow raised.

"No, and I wish I didn't know." he replied "Hey is that bobbing for apples!?" He said changing the subject. and runng over to the pony running the station.

"Hey, Applejack hows it goin?"

"Howdy Cole you want to try?"

"Sure!" Cole said plungeing his head into the tub.

"Hey Applejack" John said

"Hey John."

Cole emerged from the tub his hair soalking wet and an apple in his mouth. Standing up he took the apple out of his mouth and then took a bite.

"This is delishius! Wayy better them the crap my kind grows!" Cole exclaimed

The ponies around them looked a bit more relaxed, Cole took another bite, and earned some stranger looks. swollowing he asked the watchers "What?"

"We thought humans where carnavores, arnt they?" a male unicorn asked

"No we are omnavores we eat meat and plants..." Cole had the felling he is going to have to say that alot.

==============================================================================================================

As the night started getting late the children where sent home for bed. Thats when the real fun began apple jack brought in a cart full of berrels.

Cole had one guess "Hey is that hard cider?"

"Shure is!" Rainbow said grabing a mug and filling it.

Cole was underage of corse back on earth, but that did not stop him from drinking there and it wont stop him here.

He grabbed a mug and filled it, and took a sip. It wasn't that hard he berly tell there was eny alcohol in it.

He turned to Applejack and asked "This is not that strong, did i grab from the wrong berrel?"

"Which one did ya'll get your fill from?"

Cole pointed to the berrel.

"Oh, theres youre problem thats the weekest brew, try that one if you want somthin strong." she said pointing to the far left berrel.

Cole drank the weak brew before refilling his mug, he took a sip, It was just like hard apple cider at home but made with better apples. there was an even amount of sweetness of the apple and the bitterness of alcohol. This was way stronger then the first one he tried.

He took another sip it had what was average in most ciders as far as alcohol went.

Finding Applejack he asked "is the far left berrel the norm here?"

"No that has a bit more then what we usally put in, ya'll dont drink to much now ya hear?" she said.

=============================================================================================================

On his third mug Cole felt buzzed, the Ponies that where left how ever where just tipsy.

"hey, youre that human...Cole right?" a deep voiced Stallion said to his right.

Turning Cole saw a Large red Earthpony with a dark ginger mane and a horse collar around his neck. Cole notaced a Greeen apple as a cutiemark.

"Yes I am whats youre name?"

"Bic Macintosh but most ponies call me big mac or mac." Mac said before pauseing to take a sip of his drink. "I Am Applejack and Appleblooms brother."

"Thats cool so you all work the farm?"

"eyup!"

"every day?"

"Eyup!"

"Noone elce helps?"

"Nope."

Cole figured he would have to start workng some how, it looks like he would be here for awhile...Decideing not to ask wile his potental boss is tipsy.

"Hey, Cole!" a voice said over to his left, turning he saw Lyra standing next to another pony.

Cole walked over to them afer saying thanks to Mac "Hey.....Lyra was it?"

"eyup" Mac said as he walked by.

"Cole I want you to meet our house mate Bonbon."

"Pleased to meet you."

Bonbon quickly turned to Lyra and asked "This is the freind Luna was talking about?!?!?!"

"Sure is Bon."

"Sup." Cole said giving a casual wave.

Putting a hoof to her face Bonbon sighed.

"I guess he could stay." she said

"YAY!" Lyra exclaimed "This way to the house Cole."

"Hang on, where is John?"

"Oh, I saw him go into Twilights house earlier, he seemed a bit drunk at the time...Now come on!"

'Welcome to Ponyville'Cole thought before following the Bouncing unicorn.

Author's Note:

Before enyone Immeditly dislikes becase of Zicora I am not the best at rhyming so there will be less of Zicora in this fic but she will come every so often.

I hope you enjoyed this beefer chaper. I was planing the whole 'chocolate thing for a long time.
I am about to undergo surgery on me leg (Yes i ment to say me) so I should have the next one up soon.

I have posted finished chapters unedited.. if you wish to edit PM me. Good day

Comments ( 18 )

5974451 did you like it?:pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy:

5974927 It was okay. I dont know... Seams a little odd for someone to give an Alien weapons and armor that seam very powerful so quickly. I know he was his by the elements and what not, But the last two chapters was like... Oh here we trust you with these weapons, dont hurt anyone now...

I could be wrong though; It has been a while since the last update and I could be forgetting some things.....

5981739 I asure you, I know what i am doing. It has a purpose.

you need a editor your spelling sucks

5998799 thank you captain obvious :facehoof:

5999564 your welcome

6004450 :derpytongue2: its OK my spelling sucks too :twilightsheepish:

edwax i love this story please make more if you dont want to make any then cancell it so i dont have to check on you every day if not please make more make a 12 year olds wish come true

last chapter 3 months ago MAKE MORE

cole in equestria is dead

not to be rude but dafaq is hiatus

6385860 it has been put on hold for a time being while I work on more things, I haven't given up on it but I am not working on it at the moment.

can u have cole get mad and get revenge on celestia by punching her the face plz for me

is this fic dead or are you dead

6948081 I am not dead, nor is the fic I am just stuck in writers block for this story.

Login or register to comment