• Published 12th Jun 2014
  • 2,853 Views, 86 Comments

Cole in Equestria - QuickType



(semi self insert) Cole gets transported unexpectedly right on top of the 2 princesses having tea..opps

  • ...
18
 86
 2,853

Life is Magic

chapter 3

Twilight had no idea what to do. The human was right there in front of her and her friends and she had no idea what to do! The human cleared its throat and spoke, "What do you want?"

Twilight was afraid, afraid of the beast and its changeling companion standing in the light of Luna's moon, afraid what would happen if this beast was not captured, and she knew just the spell to see if it was good or evil but she wasn’t sure if she should, her lips parted and spoke a single word that she knew she would regret later "Elements!" The tiara appeared on her head bright and glowing, and what looked like pure terror washed over the humans face as the beam of rainbow charged.

Cole had no idea what was going on, one moment he was looking in to the darkness at the ponies that had been following him and the next thing he knew they were surrounded in a glowing circle and started floating in the air as if they were possessed. He turned around to see John had just finished packing their stuff when he also saw what was happening, he fell to the ground sobbing about not wanting to be stone and other nonsense.

Cole turned back around just in time to see the rainbow split into two and hit them both and their stuff.

Twilight knew witch spell she had cast with the elements it was a judgement spell the receiver of the spell will be held in a bubble of energy that will look into their past and judge them on their actions, let them plead their case and either let them go or imprison them in stone... At least that was how the spell was supposed to work but she had never tried it with the elements before, the bubble the elements had cast around the Human and his companion was enormous. All she and her friends could do now was stare at the bubble until something happened
Finally after what felt like hours Applejack asked, "What the blazes is that Twilight?"

Twilight sighed and started explaining what they just did.


POV Cole

Cole could only see white.. that was pretty much it, unsure if he was floating or standing he looked around and saw an unconscious John next to him and next to John was their stuff. He continued to look around until he heard a voice behind him.

"Hello, Cole The Human."

The voice sounded like a very proud man about in his mid twenties. Cole spun around only to see a purple light surrounded by five smaller lights each a different color but then they dissappered. “where are you!? Show yourself!” Cole looked around for the source of the voice.

“We are here.” Cole looked to the purple light that appeared in front of him. His mind was swimming with questions but the one that came out of his mouth was "who.. er.. what the hell are you?"

'Good first impression idiot' Cole told himself.

"We do not mind you asking questions, for we will answer all that we can." The light said "We are the Elements of Harmony."

'finally someone who can answer my questions.' Cole thought then he asked "where am I , I mean I know I’m in the spell that the unicorn cast but what is this world I have been flung in to?"

Before anything could happen the lights flew together and started shining bright magenta, and with a flash they took the form of a slim white girl with brown hair.

She was dressed in tan pants and a purple t-shirt with what looked like the periodic table of elements printed on it.

Cole couldn't help but stare, then she spoke in a voice that sounded like a fallen angel, "You are in a world called Equis in the country of Equestria, before you ask we do not know how you arrived here or what caused it."

She looked at Cole and smiled with a sigh. "Now comes the easy part."

Cole snapped out of his trance and asked, "Of what?"

"The judgement on your souls, to determine if you are worthy to continue on wards with a reward or if we need to turn you into stone forever, silly." she said giggling slightly.

Cole floated a step back and said "that was a bit morbid, and I am not done with all my questions."

The girl frowned slightly but only a bit and said "We my not answer all of your questions, only the important ones or the stupid ones."

"Ok.... Will I ever be able to go home?" Cole asked with a hint of desperation in his voice.
She paused and looked at him with a straight face "Possibly, only time will tell."
Cole looked crestfallen at that. "Does my Dad know where I have gone?"

"We can see other worlds but it looks like you hopped planes of existence." Cole opened his mouth to ask another question when the girl suddenly thrust a hand at cole and held the palm of her hand on his forehead "we have no time to answer more."

Cole looked over and noticed she was doing the same to John. There was a flash of light and the girl was gone and the lights floated above him once more.

"Cole the human and John the changeling, we have looked into your lives and we have both punishments and rewards to grant." The Elements said in the voice of the man that Cole had heard before.

About this time John was awake and started pleading for his life, "Please I was forced to, I had no choice!" He sobbed as tears started rolling down his black face, he started rambling on about how bad being a stone will be.

Until Cole put a hand on the changeling's shoulder, "Whatever happens I am next to you my comrade." John sniffled and nodded his head slowly.

"We as the elements of harmony find John the changeling guilty of attacking a wedding, beating an innocent, betrayal, and abandonment."
John was shaking with fear.
The elements continued " There is plenty of good He has done as well, some of these crimes he committed for the sake of survival so we’ll reward you, we will increase your lifespan to that of Cole, we shall also put an enchantment on you. This enchantment will make it easier for you to integrate into pony society.
Some ponies may still shun you for being a changeling others that are naturally kind to others will show you that same kindness."

The elements looked to Cole and went silent while they looked into his past. John was happy he wasn’t stone, but when he looked at Cole all he could see was a look of pure worry. "You know John, I have done some terrible things in my lifetime.”

The Elements spoke "we will reward you for all of the good you have done in your life, but with this reward comes a curse. We will give you the ability to drain the magic from any pony you are around and use it as your own. With some training you may be able to master it.”

Cole looked slightly surprised that the elements could give him the ability to use magic.
"Now for your punishment..." Cole tensed up he had forgotten about that. "We will turn you to stone for a month, after you may walk free." The elements sounded satisfied with the punishment.
"Now stand in a conferrable position because you will be standing like that for a long time."
Cole stood in a strong casual stance and prepared himself.

What he felt next was a tingling feeling in his feet moving up his legs, he looked down and saw they were turning to stone when he said "wait!"
The spell stopped at his knees. "yes?"
"John pass me my gear." Cole said reaching towards his friend. John pulled the gear towards him self then pushed it to Cole who put it on as soon as he got it.
He thanked John and turned to the elements "Ok, please continue."

The spell continued to work its way up his body, as soon as the spell reached his belly he started humming the lyrics to a song that popped into his head "see you on the other side!" and the magic covered his head.

POV Twilight

Twilight and her freinds watched as the spell bubble dispersed lighting up the whole forest leaving a statue of the Human and a startled changeling next to it. Twilights horn charged as she was prepared for enything ,the changeling stagred towards them "I am John and he is Cole" John said pointing at the statue "he'll be back in a month, the elements left us a gifts." Jon said

"How can we trust you?!" Rainbow demanded

"I am not stone am I?" John said
"No." Rainbow replyed
Then there came a squeek and everypony turned to fluttershy.
"Um, we could set up a test to see if he is....still evil." Fluttershy said softly
"What did she say? she spoke so soft I couldn't hear her."

Twilight and her freinds had heard her perfectly they knew how to hear fluttershy at her quietest.
"Good idea thats what well do." Twilight said and the others agreed.
John stood there confused as ever sliped into an unconscious state and fell to the ground.

"We'll take them back to Canterlot. The Princesses will know what to do with them."

-------------------------------========-=-==-=-=--==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-===-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=0-=--0=0=-0-0-0-=-==-==-==-=-=-=-


One week later[/hr]

John was in a rare state of mind he was happy he was living in the castle he had come to take over, he had just passed the test that the Element barriers had set out for him it was hard to resist but they rewarded him afterwards.

The test was simple it was a mare they hired to act heart broken and weak, he could have just fed on the emotion and went on with his merry self with his belly full with a free meal, but he instead changed into a pony and showed her kindness to make her happier, when the elements came out of their hiding places and told him he passed he was overjoyed.

They had set Cole up in the center coart yard where he had first appered up on a stone pedestal and left him there until his awakening.

John had been in Canterlot for a week now and he had been counting down the days until Cole returned. “Only three more weeks to go!" He had hummed happily at the breakfast table later that morning, the princesses seemed to still watching him making sure he was not a threat, so he ate with the servants, maids, and guards at their table to lessen suspicion.

The only pony who actually hated him was Blueblood. He had started complaining as soon as the princesses approved his stay and had been trying to get him kicked out ever since.

Every night he wrote down his adventures in a journal so that one day maybe another changeling who changes its ways knows that one was able to live in peace with ponies.

"Come on John! We are going to the rusty horseshoe for a pint!" Sundance said

"On my way!" John replied Sun set had been one of his first friends in fact she was the one who helped him to his room from the carriage. She was a brown unicorn with blonde hair and sky blue eyes and a cutie mark of a golden disco ball. other than her he had three more friends.

There was Tiny Thunder a Pegasus the size of a very large eath pony, he was light grey with navy blue hair and purple eyes, he worked as a guard outside what ever room Celestia was in he had been sick the day Cole came to Equestria and his replacement was a recruit fresh from the academy.

Next was Amber Taffy an earth pony named her coat was a rusty red and she had a light brownish blond mane and caramel colored eyes, she worked making all the sweets and meals for the guests of the castle, and the royal family of course her cutie mark was a piece of stretched Taffy.

Next was a bat pony named Silent step, he was a night guard that worked whenever his schedule told him to. One of the ways to tell him apart from the others where his sea green eyes. It is said his family had the first night guard general in it and his eyes were the same as Silence's.

John shook himself out of his thoughts and ran after Sundance and his friends.


Two days until Coles release[/hr]

It was the middle of the afternoon and today he and Amber where going to make sweets for an aristocrat named Fancy Pants, his birthday was coming up and the princesses wanted to surprise him, he was their favorite party guest after all, or so John was told.

John enjoyed helping he felt like it was something he was meant to do. "We sure have come along way in this past month, huh John?"
Amber said while adding some sugar to a bowl John simply nodded. "Yup."

Amber laughed. "You sure aren't as shy as you used to be, when Sundance introduced us, you hid behind her afraid that we would scream and run at the sight of you.

But look at us, I wouldn't have thought I would be cooking cookies with a changeling befor I met you."
John gave a nervous laugh. "I have something to admit, but you have to promise not to be mad."

"What do you mean?" Amber replied putting down the bowl she was mixing
"Just promise." John said wishing he had not said anything at all.
Amber squinted and looked at John. "Okay I Promise."

John told her everything from the moment he ran into the manticore to how he became enchanted. Amber listened to every detail with complete interest.

When John finished it was silent for a few minutes before John said "Please don't be mad."

Amber stood there and then smiled and said "I am not mad if fact I am happy for you, most ponies would try to banish you on sight, but with the enchantment on you seem nice enough it makes everypony feel more comfortable to be around you and the test from before was to ensure that you could be trusted."
She paused for a moment, "But we should tell our friends about this together just to be safe."
After making pan after pan of cookies they sat back and looked upon their work. "So now what?" Amber said.

"What time is it?" John replied.

Amber read the clock on the wall and said"It's about 6:30 our friends should be in the brake room."

John knew he would have to spill eventually he just hoped they would react well.


last day before Cole's release[/hr]

Johns life had hung on the line the other day but after much debate the other three of his friends decided it was for the best that they accept it and that they probably wouldn't have given him a chance had he not been enchanted.

They all sat in the castles center gardens eating dinner in front of the statue of Cole.

Tiny looked up at Cole. "So this is a human... he looks scary as if he could choose to kill me slowly or quickly." Tiny shudders.

Silent smirked and said, "That was a bit dark... I like him he looks like he could do stealth ops really well." He pauses for a moment in thought then he frowned. "But I wouldn't want to cross him in battle."

"I think he looks smart like he knows hundreds of recipes for sweets!" Amber said very excited to meet the human.

"I don't know, he seems dangerous what did you say he did when you met for the first time, John?" Sundance asked.

John looked at cole and pointed to the bow on his hip, "He fired a type of arrow that we don't have and killed a Manticore in one shot."
"That explains the manticore fur." Silent said pointing to the fur slung across Cole's sholder.

Then a voice called out behind them. "Hello my subjects what brings you to the royal garden?"
All five of them froze at the voice.

They turned around in unison and bowed. "Good evening Princess Luna."

Silent stepped forward. "Ma'am We are enjoying our supper in front of our stone friend Ma'am."

Luna smiled, "May I join you? I wish to know more about this creature in front of us, and not just what the books say."

Amber and Sundance smiled and Amber said "Sure, John was going to tell us the story of how they met again anyway."

They all surrounded John on the blanket and started to hear his tale. "It started as I was escaping my hive..."

Author's Note:

Why did 6 people dislike? Oh wait now 7 *Single manly tear os sadness* so the reason it took so long is because i had half the chapter written then i decided i didn't like it so i scraped it ( it sucked anyway)

I hope you like the new chapter I know it took Forever but here is the good news i am writeing the new chapter as you are reading this..... Pinkie do you have Anything to add?
Nope other then We GOT A NEW EDITOR!!!!
if my editor Crescent Quill wants to speak they can use a dark blue font in the authors note box.

I cant wait for more already! MAKE MORE!!!

Pinkie i have a life i cant stay here 24 hours a day 7 days a week i have school and other nonsense.

I want all of you to comment your favorite ice cream!! and dont forget to like and watch Edwax!!
This was a beefier chapter i tried to make it a little longer, hope you enjoyed! Bye! BYE!!!
oh also we gust hit 1,017 views!
Now if every Pony could like and coment that would be Fantastic! Iwould throw a party! Here Ed have a cupcake!
But i dont want a cu~mmm!~