• Published 30th May 2014
  • 8,054 Views, 405 Comments

The Diary of Spike the Dragon - Wrangle Wolfe



This is the diary of Spike. You will find out what goes on in his little mind.

  • ...
34
 405
 8,054

This Thirteenth Entry

This world is so fucked up and twisted.

I want to escape it.

I dream of freedom.

But I am trapped in these thick chains.

I want to breathe

But I am choking

Dying....

Slowly...

Spike is gone. There is no Spike. He has vanished, been dismissed, dead. And what's left of him is trying to cope with the loss. The pain. The pills. The headaches. The nightmares. The voices. Voices. Twilight cries when I tell her about the voices. Why is she so sad? The voices are so nice. But she tells me to ignore them. I know ponies think this is crazy, so I try to ignore them. But they're the only ones who are ever nice to me. That's all I've wanted. Somepony to treat me like a real friend. Twilight says the voices are bad and that they are deceiving me. But if they are I don't mind. Because I really need something nice even though it will be painful when it's gone. I needed a break. Can't I just get that. Twilight begs me to come back to her. But I don't know if I'm ready to face reality. I know I'm going insane... I am aware of that. But I love this feeling more than what I used to feel. I am free. I am no longer a caged animal, beating along the metal, begging for freedom, bleeding from all of the impacts on the hard metal. I have escaped and I can breathe in new air and live a happy life. But I know I'll have to go back one day. Twilight says she can't live without me. I don't want her to die. But I've never felt so free and alive in my life.

Alive

Living,

Happy

I never thought these words would ever play a role in my life. I'm dying out there, but in here with my friends that want me to be happy. I can really smile. I had forgotten how if felt to smile for real. I had never known how wonderful it was to laugh. I'm having the time of my life. Because I am no longer in the dull lifeless abomination called life. I live in a happier place where dreams do come true.

And every night I used to dream of being able to laugh and smile with friends.

The dreams would even feel fake, because I didn't know how to be happy and smile.

Now, I don't have to hide.

I have escaped from hell.