• Published 30th May 2014
  • 8,047 Views, 405 Comments

The Diary of Spike the Dragon - Wrangle Wolfe



This is the diary of Spike. You will find out what goes on in his little mind.

  • ...
34
 405
 8,047

This Third Entry

Diary entry 3: June 1, 2014

Dear Diary,

I almost died today. But that's not uncommon. I almost died in the Sombra incident, the changeling invasion, Discord's escape, and today, I almost died from being smothered by Twilight as she hugged me in happiness. After cleaning up the mess from Tirek, Pinkie had thrown a big party. But I wasn't happy. The library was gone. I had something special under my bed too. I nearly cried my heart out to find it gone. A ring. I had carefully crafted it with bits and diamonds. I melted a bit, shaped it into a ring, let it cool, found the perfect sized diamond and attached it. I even put a few more smaller diamonds to make it look prettier. I had made is for the special somepony I'd never have, and I cherished it. and now... it's probably gone. With the rest of my memories and belongings. Every item I loved and cherished that was in that library was gone. I was devastated. I tried to tell Twilight but she was too busy partying with her friends.

I tried to talk to Rarity at the celebration, but all she did was baby talk. My heart broke a little more every time I hear a Y used at the end of a word or a W replacing the letters R or L. I was basically an outcast at the party. I felt so down. Even Discord got a lot of positive attention. He was break-dancing and wiggling around, making everypony laugh. He looked over at me a few times, I noticed. When he did he looked a bit worried. I was wondering why though. Maybe he knew something was up? I don't know, maybe he's just trying to freak me out or something.

Twilight had the nerve to ask me if I had fun at the party. So, she hadn't even looked for me at all. I wanted to scream no. I wanted to tell her that I felt horrible at the party, like I didn't fit in, like every other day in my life. I wanted to storm out of the big, ugly, bulky
piece of shit crystal tree that should only belong in the Crystal Empire! At least Celestia and Cadence's castled blend in with their cities (Empire in Cadence's case). Twilight's castle sticks out like a sore hoof in Ponyville. And it's a fucking TREE! It's like the box just wanted me to feel miserable. Like it's just taunting me!

When I went to sleep after the party (I was bored, nothing else to do) Luna visited my dream. She tried to get me to talk, but I wouldn't do it. Although, I can tell she cares for me. She probably could've forced me to reveal what I thought in my dream. But she didn't force the knowledge out. She even told me something at the end but I don't understand it. She said that A world of silence is not understood. Only when noise is made, it can be noticed. I have no idea what that could mean. or what it has to do with me. I hate riddles like this.

Twilight had me be her slave again. With her being a princess, she has to do paperwork. Guess who actually does it? Me! I always have to do this every day, and it's just getting worse and worse. I have a claw cramp, yet I'm still writing this. But I'm used to it. Twilight makes me keep writing when I have a claw cramp. She doesn't even bother to ask whether I need a break or not. And when I try to speak to her, I'm always ignored, or she tells me to shush because she's trying to do her work. I try to speak, but I am ignored, shut out, uncared for. Nopony bothers to even ask about me..

Princess Celestia is sending more scrolls than before, and my voice is starting to sound a bit croaky. I can't yell if I ever need help, and it hurts to even talk in a normal tone. Clearing my throat feels like it's being stabbed, and I think I'm losing my voice. Not like anypony else notices.

I... I just don't know what to do. My life is just so complicated. I try to understand things that I feel, but it's impossible. I really feel like this cannot be fixed. Like life just really, really hates me or something. Like I will never accomplish anything in life. I want to be someone. I want to be know. I want to be heard! I want a life! Why can't I have that? Why can't I understand my feelings? Why can't I understand myself? Why can't any of my life ever MAKE SENSE!

I'm just a jumble. A mess. A nopony. A thing. An empty space. A swirl of untamed emotions. A nothing. Just worthless. And I've come to accept that. But that doesn't mean I like it. That doesn't mean I'm okay with how my life is going. I'm just so dizzy with confusion, anger, hate, sadness, frustration, want, need, MORE! I can feel myself shacking as I write. I-I need help I... I don't.. what? I... I don't understand! I don't know! Why, why, WHY? I want a normal life. I want love. I want nothing. I want something. Anything... no love. Or do I really want love. How could I ever know I'm just scribblinginabooki'mcryinglostijustdont know off task stressedoverwhelmed... I cant cry Twilight will hear and... I just... don't ... KNOW! Everythings so mixerupconfusindit's like i'm trapped without noplacein life and i try to do betterto improve, to be someone, but I have no place anywhereI don't belong here I JUST *Stab* *Stab* *Stab* I can't tame it.. no. No... no NOnonono I just cant do this. I have to rid myself of this confusion, this pain this... ARGH! I'm soo frustrated and I can't even handle myself. This is hell. This is hell! THIS IS FUCKING HELL!

*Small rip*

Look at me. Smashing my words up together uncontrollably. I can't even write correctly. Shows how 'grown' I am. Tears all over the page. Broken quills. Spilled ink. I can't even write down my thoughts without it FAILING! I can't do anything. And that's why I get nothing. I probably just don't deserve it. *Blood splat* Oh god I'm bleeding again. Probably from attempting to scream in rage with my throat in a bad condition. There's tears, blood and scrapes all over this page. I'm surprised it's still legible. I'm losing control of myself. I't so agonizing to know... nothing. It's wearing me down. I feel so... dead. I feel dead. And I just want it to end. I want it gone. I want...

Control,

love,

A life.