• Published 30th May 2014
  • 8,037 Views, 405 Comments

The Diary of Spike the Dragon - Wrangle Wolfe



This is the diary of Spike. You will find out what goes on in his little mind.

  • ...
34
 405
 8,037

This Fifth Entry

Fuck the date.

I tried to end it today. Itriedtoen d it today but goddamnitI can't even do that!I am so uselessIcan't even stop being a burden. my my hands re shaky and Ichan't think straight! Dicord stopped me (From doing it) and I had to face (Them). I didn't want to see them. And fuck I'm getting tear stains on the paper. Oh Faust I'm fucking up bad. I can't write correctly at all. I can't control this fucking claw... it's just so shaky!

Anyways...
I want to...
Why...
(Indecipherable)

I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I just gave Twilight and everypony else a heart attack with that move I made. The mental stress that Twilight's probably going through... man oh man! She's probably beating herself up and... She doesn't deserve this pain. Nopony does. I just... I wish that I could've seen this coming earlier. I should've known I would've backed out. I should've known everything would fuck up.I should've known. But I was too dumb to realize it. I was to blind to see this coming when it was right there in plain sight. It just proves how idiotic I am. OH MY FAUST I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS SHIT! WHY THE FUCK DO I GO THOUGH THIS? WHY DID YOU PICK ME, FAUST? WHY!

Shit, and now I'm complaining. That's probably another reason why nopony cared about me. I was probably annoying as fuck with all of my whining. Faust, what am I, a mare? I must be. I wear a fucking frilly pink apron with a heart on it. I still remember when Rarity made me feel like a fool that day when she saw me in that apron. That was embarrassing. I felt so pathetic that day.

And Discord... who the fuck do he even think he is. He said he understands my problem. I felt like smacking him. He understands nothing! Being alone, maybe, with how he acted. Having your only friends, mom/sister/boss and everypony else treat you like you're a baby and like dirt? Being abused and kicked around because of your uselessness and small size? Wishing you could have a purpose and wishing you'd die? He understood NOTHING! Oh, if I could've kicked him in the balls right then...

I sound crazy, like I'm mental. Like I need to go to a mental hospital. I mean, just look at the sorry crap I'm writing. Complaining, complaining about my complaining... however the hell that works, and cursing every few sentences. You'd think a dragon like me wouldn't have such... colourful language in my entries. Besides, I'm a baby dragon, right? It's unusual for me, a dragon that's lived twenty years to be very familiar with such language, right? I totally should stay in the foal zone, right? That's what everypony else seems to think.

I'm confused. So confused. I have no idea what's going on. I really love Twilight and the girls, yet I hate them and want to leave them forever. I would do anything for them, yet I could care less about them. What am I feeling? What could I possibly do to learn these feelings. Twilight would tell me to read a book. I am reading one, and it's filled with painful memories of my past.

I feel like I don't belong, yet I am trapped here. Alone in this world filled with happy-go-lucky ponies who live a wonderful life in a world full of dark magic, demons, and monstrous beasts. Now that I think about it, this world is like a book. Why can't books be different then life anyways. Why can't a book be simpler, with most of the problems being an every day thing. Slice of life would be more interesting that a book like Daring Do, I have only seen about ten books that are just a regular life of a pony that has problems besides over dramatic things. Those are my favourites. Not saying that there aren't way more out there, but the ones you ever hear about is action, drama, romance, adventure and stuff. Either that, or books that Twilight reads that are informative. But here I am, getting off topic, talking about my favourite books and stuff. Still, I feel good talking about something else.

Like how there was a true story about this pony getting killed by a manticore. Ponies were all sad about the book and stuff in the reviews with somepony getting killed by a manticore. But he really loved those manticores. He always went out every year and walked amongst them, and I guess he was like Fluttershy, but instead of them being nice, they just ignored him. He still loved the manticores after they did gruesome things like kill a rival manticore's kid or something. I bet he forgave the manticore that killed him too. They interviewed ponies about this popular book and almost everypony said that they couldn't understand why he'd want to be with manticores like that and that maybe he believed he wanted to be a manticore, or not be himself. Escape his normal life. But I think it's because the manticores never made him feel bad. They were just being manticores... themselves. They left the pony alone, didn't kick him around and all of that. And, although they mostly ignored him, he probably didn't feel so alone with them. They knew he was there, and he knew that they knew.

Imagine the same thing, but instead the whole thing is twisted. Like my friends don't know I'm there, yet they still bother me. Like I feel so alone, even when they notice me. Like they've been attacking me this whole time and just now, when I do something drastic, they want to stop. And the worst part is that I lived in the end. How backwards is that?

I know what you 'future ponies'... if that really happens... are thinking. I am whining and complaining too much. Well I deserve the fucking right to do that crap anyways! Life has gave me nothing. But. Shit. So I'll take this glorious time to complain your ears off!... Or eyes in this case. Whatever.

You know... I'm wondering right now... do I still want to be with Rarity? I know it's random and a surprise but now... do I seriously want to be with a mare who will never treat me right. I know a proper gentlestallion treats his mare right but... not saying Rarity really is one but... what if she's a total bitch to her stallion? What if, if I go with her... what if I never get the love I always wanted from her. I'll be her knight, the one who treats her right but... will she be my mare who loves me for who I am? She hasn't shown she's cared that much already, so why should I trust her to care for me as a lover. Should I even attempt to be her coltfriend? Should I even try to go on a simple date. All of this time I've been looking at how beautiful she is with her gorgeously curled, shiny purple mane. Her soft marshmallow white coat and long eyelashes that make her so lovely. So irresistible. But is she really that beautiful? Is her wonderful slender body all a mask to cover up what's really inside of her? I don't think I'll find out. I don't think I'll even ask her anyway. I'll just go on with whatever life gives me. Pain.

I want to talk to Fluttershy. I think that with a little effort, we could become good friends. We aren't really close enough to be called friends yet, I don't think. Matter of fact, the only pony that I feel that I am a friend to- somewhat- is Twilight. I haven't really gotten close to the others that much. I bet the only things the other girls know about me is that I'm a 'baby' dragon that was raised by Twilight in Canterlot. They don't know me at all. Not even Twilight. They're too blind to see what is right in front of them until it blows up in their face. What a shame. A fucking SHAME!

And then there's Discord. I was mad at him a minute ago, but now that I've calmed down and really thought about it, I can believe that he probably understands my situation. That's probably how he turned evil in the first place. I mean, it makes sense right? What'd you think I was going to say? I'm not one of those teen fillies that cry and say "I'm the only one who goes through this. Nopony else understands what I go through every day!" No, I actually have common sense. I know that other ponies go through what I go through. That doesn't mean I want it to happen though.

I wonder how I'll get through this. Will this be solved with friendship like every other problem? Or will it all fail. Only time will tell. I guess I'll see soon. It's not like I care. Anything else that happens now doesn't really matter that much any more. Especially if something bad happens and friendship fails and I'm in pain. It won't be a surprise at all. The only thing that'll surprise me is if I get through this and I'm happy in the end. Not holding my breath though.

... Spike

Author's Note:

Just in case you get confused...

( Parenthesis means a tear make the word indecipherable )

Bold is used when Spike is super angry and pressing against the paper really hard with his quill.

*Stars are used when there's something extra on the page such as blood or scratches.*

Not my best, but I'm tired. It's almost 5 AM!

By the way, CONSTRCTIVE CRITICISM guys! You know the drill!