• Published 1st Jun 2014
  • 1,300 Views, 34 Comments

The Wrong Card - ConfusementIsKey



Rainbow Dash and Applejack are having issues with their relationship, and Fluttershy attempts to help Rainbow Dash out of the heartbreak. Can Fluttershy manage to actually do it? And will she have a chance to finally confess her feelings to Dash?

  • ...
8
 34
 1,300

Chapter 2

Rainbow Dash awoke the next day with a minor headache, her head throbbing as she sat up in her room. It was still a disaster, it's been on her mind to clean it, but she just never got to it. She threw the sheets on her bed over her hind legs, throwing them off her bed on her haunches before she got up and walked to her bathroom. She fumbled along the wall with her hoof to try and find the light switch, which eventually she did.

She looked in the mirror, her vision the slightest bit blurred, but she could still see the crimson eyed Pegasus staring at her. Her rainbow-colored mane was a frenzy and one eyelid was more open than the other one. She covered her mouth with her hoof, yawning before grabbing a brush and brushing out her mane. She normally just flies through the air to get her mane to do what she wants it to, but this was one of those 'oh well' mornings. She felt as if she was up a little earlier than usual, and glancing on the clock on her bathroom wall, she was right. It was 6:47 a.m., which was normally a bit early for her.

Since waking a bit before she had to, she decided to get a shower as well. She took a nice, warm shower and dried off her mane. She then remembered that she had just brushed it, and now she would have to do the same thing again. She sighed and decided that a bit of flying would fix it, just like any other normal day. She felt a little preppy brushing her mane twice- Rarity would probably throw a fit. It made her chuckle to herself as she walked out of the bathroom, steam following behind as she made her way back to her room again. She had cleaned up some of the glass that was on the floors before- (of course when she says "she", she means her house keeping)- the glass that was all over the floor the few days before. She dried off the rest of her fur, and set the towel on her bed. She walked into the kitchen and looked outside the window. Sunny. That's how it was to be for a long time in Ponyville, minus the small storms that were to be in certain spots.

Like Sweet Apple Acres...

Rainbow's mood suddenly changed as she became depressed of the flashbacks from when her and Applejack got into the argument. She did something that she had to for a while now- things weren't working out between the two. Not to mention it was a constant fight of dominance about 67 percent of the time. As these thoughts flooded into her mind, a clear, smooth, soft voice rang in the back of her mind.

"I know it's a hard thing for tough ponies like you to go through, but you should know how important you are. I will always be there to listen, Dash. Always.''

Always...

Her thoughts were then interrupted by a loud ringing. Rainbow Dash looked on the counter next to her bread basket to see her phone, and walked over and picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Dash! How have you been?"

"Fine... Who's calling?"

"I'm Pon-3, Vinyl Scratch? I was wondering if you could help me with a album I'm doing- I need somepony with a raspy voice, ya know? I've got it all set up if you wouldn't mind swinging by about noon or so?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Great!" Exclaimed the pony on the other line, "I'll see you then?"

"Surely." Replied Rainbow Dash.

"Alright, bye."

"Bye."

With that, Rainbow ended the call. She put the house phone back on charge, walking to her fridge to get a glass of orange juice. While retrieving the juice, she shut the door and saw the Weather Plan for the end of May and the beginning of June. Today's schedule was a light rain cloud over towards the west of Ponyville, and if Rainbow Dash remembered correctly, that was somewhere around where Rarity lived. Shrugging it aside, she proceeded to pour her glass and drink it, finishing it with a loud sigh.

"Refreshing..." Mumbled Rainbow Dash to herself. She set down her glass in the sink, and decided that before she went out to the radio station where Vinyl was, she'd set out to grab some breakfast.

Rainbow Dash stopped by the local bakery, and settled down at one of the tables. Pinkie Pie stopped by the table with a happy, bouncy expression while balancing a tray on her fluffy, pink mane.

"Hiya Dashie! Haven't seen you in a while. How have you been?" She exclaimed happily while setting down the tray on the table in front of her. Rainbow smiled and said, "Things have been fine, I just..." She swallowed, "Have had some issues, that's all."

"Oh..." Said Pinkie, her tone dropping and she sat on her haunches and and folding her ears down onto her head. "So... what happened?"

"It's complicated..."

She looked into my eyes. "You and Applejack didn't work out, did you?"

Rainbow Dash widened her eyes. "How did you..." Pinkie Pie raised a brow. "Your body language says it all, Dashie."

Rainbow looked away sadly. "Right..."

"But hey," Pinkie Pie started, "You don't need to be brought down into the dirt because of it. If she isn't the right one, then the right one will come around eventually." She smiled and grabbed the tray and asked with a light tone, "So, what can I get you this morning?"

Rainbow Dash flew to the radio station, a gray bricked building that was three stories high and had large, glass doors with numerous numbers of windows. As Dash approached the doors, she saw a poster for Vinyl's newest album-(the one that Rainbow Dash herself came to help with)- taped from the inside out. She opened the doors and walked through to see the front office. A mare with a light green coat and a black mane was reading a newspaper while chewing bubble gum. Rainbow Dash approached her and she set down the article and gave Rainbow a small smile. "Good afternoon miss, how may I help you?"

"Yeah I'm here to help with a cover for Pon-3."

"Yes ma'am," She said, getting up from the desk and walking alongside the cyan mare, "Right this way."

Rainbow followed the earthpony through various hallways, until they came to a room with a glass push door. The pony walked in, Rainbow following closely behind as she tapped through the glass walls to where Vinyl's main studio was. The white unicorn removed her headphones as the mare spoke, "Rainbow Dash has arrived for the cover, ma'am."

"Already?" Asked Vinyl, looking at her watch and looking back up. "You're a bit early, but doesn't hurt anypony."

The green coated mare announced that she was returning to her office. Rainbow thanked her for her services as she left the two ponies alone, Vinyl turning and grinning at Dash. "You ready to get started?"

"Yeah." Said Rainbow Dash, smiling at her halfheartedly. The unicorn nodded with a "Okay, this way." she lead her to another room, the walls were red and instruments were propped onto the wall and she noticed a section of the room was parted with glass. In the glass section, were the arrangements. Various nobs and remotes with computers were hooked into speakers that were pointed towards outside of the glass, and on the outside of the walls were three microphones each paired with stands and lots of paper was stacked on each one.

"Just look here," Said Vinyl, pointing to the paper that was on the first/nearest stand closest to them. "These are the lyrics to the song, sing them however you want, just as long as it has a rockin' sound."

"A rockin' sound?"

"Yeah." She said, "A rockin' sound. I know you know what to do."

"Yeah I do!" Said Rainbow with a cocky tone. Vinyl chuckled and started heading to the glass portioned part of the room, and using her unicorn magic to move some of the nobs on the dashboard and the volume to the melody up. The melody had a heavy tune, with guitar and percussion rock solo's. Rainbow liked the sound of it as Vinyl motioned for her to put on the headphones that was laying right next to the lyrics. She grabbed them and slid them over her ears, looking at Vinyl for what to do next. She gestured for Rainbow to look at the flash board above her head that visualized a countdown for when to start. A few seconds was left as Rainbow leaned her head towards the microphone, getting ready to say the first few lyrics when it hit the number zero. Rainbow spoke in a high, raspy voice as she proceeded to read the lyrics from the piece of paper. While singing, she looked up at Vinyl Scratch, seeing that she was smiling slightly as she was nodding her head slightly to the tune.

Rainbow smirked as she continued to sing in her most "rockin'" voice as possible. As she was singing the last verse, she glanced over to the window that was to her right to see Fluttershy looking at her while she sang.

Wait, Fluttershy?

Rainbow jumped back from shock before she nearly fell over, catching herself as she took off her head phones. Fluttershy blushed as she giggled at the startled Pegasus, and even Rainbow herself felt her face get warm. Fluttershy walked through the glass door into the studio, her eyes wide with excitement. "Oh wow Rainbow- that was really good!"

Rainbow rubbed her shoulder with her hoof in nervousness. "Yeah... What are you doing here?"

"Oh! Um, well..." She started, looking away. "I just came to stop by. I see you're working on something, so I'll just be on my way..."

"You don't have to go, I-I mean," Rainbow Dash stuttered, "You could stick around if you want. I don't mind, and I think Vinyl would mind either."

Vinyl looked up and took off her glasses to see the yellow Pegasus, looking her up and down before nodding in approval. Rainbow walked over to Fluttershy, raising a wing and resting it over Fluttershy's back as she spoke to Vinyl, " You see, Shy here has a voice too!"

"That's great," Said Vinyl, making her way out of the glass bordered area of the room. "Can you sing with a hard core tone?"

"Oh, um...no...not really." Replied the yellow Pegasus.

" 'S all cool," Said the unicorn, "We can work on the next one some other time. Hey Dash, there's going to be a photo shoot for the album some point late tomorrow. Interested in coming?"

"Sure," Rainbow said with a cool tone. Fluttershy looked up at Rainbow, admiring her quietly. Her smile caught just the right angle that her perfect white teeth glistened in the light. Fluttershy blushed and looked away, quietly thinking more about Dash to herself. Vinyl nodded and gave her a hoof bump, and then told her that she'd give her a call when the ponies would come to take the photos.

Rainbow agreed, and bid Vinyl a goodbye as she walked with Fluttershy, a wing still wrapped around her out through the glass door.

They walked through the hallway's of the station, and right before exiting the main doors the same mare from before bid Rainbow Dash a goodbye. "Come again," she said politely.

"Anytime." Said Rainbow Dash with a wink. This made the mare blush and look away with her ears folded onto her head and she covered her face with her black mane. Rainbow opened the door as her and Fluttershy both walked out together.

"Did you see that?" Asked Rainbow looking into Fluttershy's green eyes.

"What?"

"The way I made her nervous..."

"Oh..." Said Fluttershy, looking away. "I wasn't paying much attention," She lied.

Rainbow looked the other way, thinking maybe it wasn't such a good thing to bring up. She took a deep breath and looked at Fluttershy.

She looks so cute when she's tucked under my wing... Rainbow Dash thought to herself. She then looked away, blushing only a little. Fluttershy then looked up at her and Rainbow tried to avoid direct eye contact with the shy pony.

"So..." Said Rainbow Dash, "Where are you headed?"

"I guess nowhere in particular, considering that you have your wing around me." She replied with a small smile.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize-" She said, raising her wing and retreating it back to her side. Fluttershy frowned, but Rainbow didn't see it. Fluttershy liked it when she wrapped her wing around her. It made her feel safe and loved, and that's how she always felt around the cyan mare.

Rainbow turned directions, whirling right in front of Fluttershy and looking her in the eye with a devious smile. "Hey, it's an hour after noon, wanna find something to do?"

"I'd like to, but some of my animals that are at home haven't been fed yet," She started, looking away sadly. "Maybe some other time?"

"Right.." Said Rainbow, her smile fading into a sad look. "Well then, I guess I should be heading on my way anyways. I'll see you later, okay Shy?"

"Of course." She said with a grin. Rainbow returned her smile and started the other way, giving her a final bid goodbye as she walked the other way. She looked down as she slowly walked away, leaving Fluttershy as she walked the other way. It made Rainbow have this... strange feeling around Fluttershy. She kinda felt happy when she wrapped her wing around her. It made her feel so...

So...

A sudden loud noise filled her ears- a panicking, tires running against the gravel ground when she noticed the sound came from behind her, and when she whirled her head around, she saw Fluttershy, standing frozen in her spot and her eyes wide with fear as an oncoming carriage was racing towards her direction.

And it didn't have a single intention on stopping.

"Fluttershy!!!," yelled out Rainbow as by instinct her wings flared open and she dashed right in front of the carriage and shoved the yellow Pegasus out of the way. A shot of pain shot into her wing as their direction spun all the way around causing Fluttershy to land her back onto the ground, and Rainbow landing right on top of her, all of her limbs guarding around the Pegasus as she looked up.

"Fluttershy, are you alright?!"

Author's Note:

I updated.

Surprise,motherfucka.
Some fries,motherfucka.
Wrong size,motherfucka.
Clotheslines,motherfucka.
Rewind,motherfucka.

I'm kidding. Hope everyone enjoys the new chapter, yes?

You better have...

Anyways, I know I said before that I wouldn't be able to upload another chapter for a while, but here I am...
With another chapter...
So, consider yourself lucky. I made this for you.
Hope you enjoyed, and stay tuned for he next chapter.

I ain't shit.

...

Yet.

Look it, twat.

Comments ( 22 )

New paragraph every time a new pony speaks, motherfucka. Sorry, I had to. I just can't help myself.

4518341 *frowns* You write dis shit then, motherfucka.:ajsmug:

4519773 I'm sorry, I lack the permission to do so. Besides, I'm in the process of writing my own, so I just don't have time for that.

4520941 Exactly. XD Talkin' back to me like you're something.

Think I've gotten old on you, so you're showin' your ass, huh?
Walking around Googling everything- Chinese mane, diamond rings, gimme that brain.
Started backtalking huh?
Well I'll be damned the boys balls done dropped.
You walking around fucking, huh?
You think you pay bills in this mother fucker?
GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE BOY.

4520961 old man, I will drop your ass on the cold hard floor.

4520968 *looks at you* NIGGA.

I am not an old man. I am a young women that has THE RIGHT TO PICK YOU UP AND DROP YOU ON YO FUCKING NECK.

You know I'm right.

Pussy run the world. And there are more women then there are men by a couple thousands. You lucky we don't get along- if we did, we'd dictate the world as one and base call all your asses.

Twats.

Nigga we females are the SHIT!

4520988 let me get this straight. You can call me "boy" without bothering to check my gender but get mad at me for doing the same? Seems awfully hypocritical of you, doesn't it? Besides, I literally call everyone I know "dude" or "old man", so don't feel bad about it.

4521009 Oh I was kidding. :rainbowlaugh: I wasn't getting mad at you. Just playing.

And I have a tendency to guess genders. I thought we was having 'the random wars' or some shit. XD

4521030 I like you. You're funny. Have a follow.

4521057 Holy fuck that's the nicest shit anyone's ever said to me.

Every 20 minutes until the update somebody gets shot

4579030 Heh, good thing I'm cold hearted.

4579095 why WHYYYY

I'll just hang in har and reed on, not saying i will like it tho, from the looks of things it's getting worse. :ajsleepy:
Don't be surprised if you get a low rating from me. :trixieshiftleft:
~Tobben

4977140 Out of the sake of my reputation, I kindly ask of you to keep those negative comments to yourself. Do not criticize me if you do not have the common sense to clean up that spelling of yours either, and the fault is not mine that you do not enjoy my serving of writing taste. Have a Merry Christmas, twat.

5424078
You are able to delete comments if you so wish. I have forgotten what this story is all about anyways.
And my spelling is a result of my Dyslexia so little i can do about that.
All i remember doing was giving some constrictive criticism on this story if you don't want that say so.
Indeed have a very merry Christmas my good sir.
~Tobben

5424154 Deleting comments is a very nasty outlook on my reputation. And it is sad that you claim to obtain that disorder. But I do not respect that spitting down judgment you call criticism.

5424161
Dear lord ConfusementIsKey .
Lord Tobben does indeed have dyslexia,
and he was only pointing out mistakes and errors in your judgement. He is right that lady Dash's house is located in the outscirts of Ponyville and not in Cloudsdale. (in all universes except your's aparrently.) and I agree with the good lord that fandome references is a bad thing:pinkiesick:. In fact it is one of the most anoying and infuriating things I find in a story.:flutterrage:
of course you can ignore point one if you want but I would recomend taking it into consideration.
and if you can not take criticism then delete the coments you do not like or ignore them completely.
two more things:
Comments on this site is for criticism not for prizing your horrible writing and bad jokes
and if you could answer the quetion in point 3 that would be great.
also Merry Cristmas.
I have not read the story yet but when I do I will come back with either a full list of errors or an apoligy.( depending on who is indeed wrong.)
signed: Lord Mark Crazeer and
(Titles just for show.):twilightblush:

5424312

I'll just hang in har and reed on, not saying i will like it tho, from the looks of things it's getting worse. :ajsleepy:
Don't be surprised if you get a low rating from me. :trixieshiftleft:
~Tobben

Dearest sir, I've been aware of criticism for a long, long time. And I hate to, but I stomp my foot down on this! It is not the criticism from chapter 1 I am mad about, it is that comment above.

And yes, read what you like, it was written a few months back anyways. I have improved, but even in the end it does not matter. I wrote it for the viewer's enjoyment. Not that load of bullshit.

5424355

In that case i will apoligice for the good lords behavior. I did not even see that that was the coment in question and I hate to admit but i have a feeling i might feel the same way we shal see after christmas lord Tobben has given up on you I might not (I most likely will.) i still think him right but it was underhanded even if he was just honest.

5424389 *sighs* I care not of the situation no more, just be on your way. Merry Christmas, whatever. *massages temples*

Login or register to comment