• Published 1st Jun 2014
  • 1,300 Views, 34 Comments

The Wrong Card - ConfusementIsKey



Rainbow Dash and Applejack are having issues with their relationship, and Fluttershy attempts to help Rainbow Dash out of the heartbreak. Can Fluttershy manage to actually do it? And will she have a chance to finally confess her feelings to Dash?

  • ...
8
 34
 1,300

Prologue


It was a hot, hot summer day in the lovely town of Ponyville. Everypony was out, doing what almost entirely all ponies do every other day.The flower shop was full of earthy healthy flowers, and the fragrance roamed the air freely of all the different kinds of scented weeds.The bakery around the corner with the most popular party mare known as Pinkie Pie worked, had tasty, delicious cakes fresh from the oven that most ponies simply walk by and their eyes are locked upon the sight of the dessert on the other side of the plain glass in which they press their muzzle against to observe the baked good even more. They continue to drool, as a little more down the road- you'll find a lovely cottage right on the outskirts of Ponyville, where a Pegasus known as the kind and quiet Fluttershy stays in her humble home to treat and care for any and every animal she isn't afraid of. On what I believe to be the opposite side of Ponyville, you have a smart princess who runs a small local library,(silly as it sounds,) with a faithful assistant of a dragon known as Spike. And somewhere in all of that, a boutique is also famous for the wonderful and cultural wear throughout the town. Rarity, generous as she is, is the one mare who works on this profitable technique.
The thought that comes to everypony's mind is how good and cherishable Ponyville is.
Shame.

What everypony doesn't know, is that there are two very important mares that are to complete this balance of peace. But as we observe on the two mares this moment, we see that there is no peace between the two at all.
A sudden crash is heard from the barn doors of Sweet Apple Acres, bits of wood fleeing from the one piece that it was only seconds ago. Rainbow Dash is to be blamed for the immediately destructive act. She bolts out of the exit that she has just created herself, flying quickly away with her muzzle scrunched up in anger. Applejack trots out of the wide gap where the symmetrical door once was, her eyes formed into an expression of anger as she hollered at the Pegasus, "And ya fix my door too!" She turns to walk away as a ungrateful breath heaved from her mane, "Damn complicated pony..." Rainbow doesn't hear her words, but keeps flying as she goes higher into the sky and a tad of tears start to form into her deep pink eyes as she goes to look for a cloud to sit on. What we have guessed is that the two mares were fighting before hand, and it is only proven true as we are to understand that the earth and Pegasus pony were in a relationship. But the following statement, I fear, will not be the same one for long...

Rainbow Dash threw herself at the cloud, punching it and screaming as her anger and adrenaline rose and was taken out upon it. Dash proceeded to beat up the cloud as more tears of anger spilled down her face when she slowed to a stop. She then stared at the cloud for a long while and her pupils quivered and she laid down, covering her face and quietly sobbing. The tears seeped into the cloud, and it began to turn from a upbeat white into a more morbid theme of gray and it started to release the percentage of tears from the rainbow maned pony. The rain quietly picked up over time, and eventually downpoured. Rainbow was one thing and only that one at this time.

Heartbroken.

Earlier, Applejack had pulled Rainbow Dash aside and talked to her about how much she needed help from her beloved...marefriend. Rainbow whined about the instructed schedule, and proclaimed that it would take up her time to learn new stunts and other uses of her free time. Applejack saw nothing wrong in this, for she believed that the mares were to always spend their time together, and the argument moved from that topic on. She was actually expecting Rainbow to move out of Cloudsdale to stay with the farmer pony on that farm, but Rainbow Dash completely disagreed. Her true home was there, and she wasn't going to become grounded for any means necessary. The topic phase then ended, and turned into names like "speech-incorrect horse," and "stubborn twat with her head in the clouds." The situationed did nothing but became worse. Neither pony backed down, and neither pony stopped. That was when Rainbow couldn't take it anymore and exclaimed, "I quit. I quit working with you on this farm, I quit trying my hardest just for you to put me down, and I quit loving you. We're through."
"Good!'' Said Applejack. "I've lost interest in you a long time ago anyways!"
The Pegasus then let the anger push her into raising a hoof and buffing in the earthpony's face. She grit her teeth as the hoof only stayed there in midair to threaten a punch right in the dead center of Applejack's face. "Go on!" She stated, "Hit me. I know ya won't do it, Dash."
As angry as Rainbow Dash was, her words were right. She then slammed the hoof down into the ground and trotted to the barn door, raised her hind legs, and kicked the door down. The single piece of wood exploded, and Rainbow Dash dashed out of the barn.
She is now quietly grieving over her harsh actions...
And spoke in a quiet and shaky voice, "...What have I done..?"

Fluttershy shut the door behind her, her attitude risen as her voice was a hum, and a bag to her side. She trotted over the bridge to her home, and made her way into town. Her destination was to retrieve a few groceries, and to make a quick stop by Twilight's. Before she knew it, she was in the streets of Ponyville when she looked up at the sky. The blue color inspired her to wear a smile, and it even reminded her of the one mare she loved...Fluttershy has harvested the biggest crush on Rainbow Dash, that it shouldn't even be considered a crush. Rainbow Dash has always been on her mind, nothing like anypony else has ever encountered in her entire life. She's known the mare every since they were only fillies. They went to school together, and have progressed into the greatest of friends since then. Not only that- but the very reason Equestria is no longer in jeopardy as we speak! But what no other pony knew was her true emotions on Dashie- let alone the fact she even liked the same gender. Being quiet and keeping emotions in to where no pony could even suspect that type of thing was something that Fluttershy was good at.
"I wonder if she'd have the time for me to stop by..." She thought. "I would love to see her again." This caused Fluttershy to quicken her pace, that is until she realized... She hasn't seen Dashie in three days. She shrugged it off, and thought to just question Applejack of it after visiting Twilight. Applejack was her marefriend after all- and Fluttershy was most definitely jealous. Ever since she got the news, it was just a topic that she couldn't get over. Poor Fluttershy. A while later after getting the groceries she needed, she then found herself in front of Twilight's door. She raised her hoof and gently tapped it three times. Spike answered the door, and his face relaxed as he saw it was just the calm and quiet Pegasus. "Hi Fluttershy."

"Oh, uhm... Hi Spike.. Twilight doesn't happen to be home, does she?" Said the pony, barely enough to hear. He nodded and opened the door wider, gesturing for Fluttershy to make her way inside. She walked in and saw Twilight sitting with her stand and was magically moving objects around. Fluttershy stopped and watched for a minute when it came to Twilight's realization that she was standing there watching.
"Oh! I'm so sorry, I didn't hear you come in..." She said, making the objects rest in one place for a moment as her attention then turned to the yellow mare. "What can I help you with?"

"Oh, I actually just came to stop by... but now that I think about it, I haven't seen Rainbow Dash in three days, is she perhaps on a wonderbolt mission that I didn't know about?" The expression on Twilight's face dropped, her eyes widened and her mouth opened just a tad. A snicker erupted from Spike as he started walking up the stairs with a broom in hand. "Celestia, have fun explaining that to her, Twilight." He said as he left the room. Twilight then looked down at the ground and shuffled her right hoof along the floor.She suddenly flapped her wings once and close them as if she were to break the silence for a second. "Fluttershy... Rainbow isn't out on a wonderbolts mission. She and Applejack broke up about three days ago when they got into a horrible argument. It was a bit tragic for Rainbow, so she hasn't come down from the skies in which i'm aware of."
Fluttershy froze in shock at the news. "R-Rainbow Dash and Applejack... are over?"
"Yes.." She said, looking away,"Sad, isn't it?""Psh, yeah!" Said Fluttershy a little too happily. This caused the purple alicorn princess to raise a brow at the sudden exclamation, and Fluttershy quickly stuttered to correct herself. "Oh, uh- I mean, that's horrible... I thought they were going to last..." She said out of costumed sympathy. Twilight ignored it, and turned to her stool as she raised a paper with the glow of her magic and moved it towards the shy Pegasus pony. "It's for Rainbow Dash. My wings are sore from the training I've had the past days, so I'm in a bit of recovery for a little bit. Do you mind taking it to her?"

Fluttershy smiled wryly and spoke softly, "Of course not. I'll take it to her." "Thank you, Fluttershy." Replied Twilight. The two mares chatted for a while more, but despite whatever topic they were on, the idea of Rainbow Dash and Applejack no longer being a couple, saddened by it only a small percentage. The rest of it was filled with joy. The more she thought about it, she's come to this conclusion: Dashie is heart broken, and previously needs a friend to talk to. A friend who understood, and would actually care a lot to listen.
A friend that Fluttershy would love to fill in the spot for her.
The two friends continued chatting until the sun went down, and then Fluttershy said she needed to get home. As the door behind her shut, Fluttershy sighed as she looked at the night sky above. The heavy weight of her heart was risen, for she saw that there was an opportunity here. It was sad that two dear friends of hers were no longer happy with each other, but instead angry at one another. It saddened her move that the blue pony was depressed, but then it gave her the huge opportunity to get even closer to Dashie, and maybe...Just maybe...
Confess those feelings to Dash...?

Author's Note:

First fanfiction. Thank you for reading, every view counts. Hope you enjoyed and stick around for the next chapter.

Sincerely,

€œñfü§ëmëñtÏßKëÿ