• Published 25th May 2014
  • 2,860 Views, 12 Comments

Spin the Bottle - MimitehDragon



Fluttershy is trying to get a kiss from a certain red stallion, but her efforts are continually thwarted.

  • ...
5
 12
 2,860

Five Months

Fluttershy and Big Macintosh had been "going out" for the past five months. It was no surprise to either of them that there had been not a single kiss and barely a hug throughout the time, as both were of the quiet type and neither all that outgoing. How the relationship began in the first place was really a mystery as well, since neither had the courage needed to ask the other out.

However, one thing is known to both of them mutually. Each one cares about the other almost overwhelmingly.

As Fluttershy stood next to Big Mac, pondering such topics, she was staring around at the apple trees that were beginning to blossom. She looked at the ground sheepishly once she noticed the red stallion next to her was staring at her.

The butter colored mare had been formulating plans and ideas for the past two months about how to get her first kiss from Macintosh. With no prevail, every date, every night out, and every night in had resulted in an awkward goodbye and, occasionally, when things were heated up, a small two and a half second hug.

Today, her patience had run out. She was determined to get that kiss from her coltfriend. Being close to heat was making her a bit.. antsy. Although, she hid it very well so far- especially being around such a tall, broad, muscular.. Okay, Flutters' mind is getting a bit off track, which of course is effecting the author's ability to stay on topic.

"Sorry.."

Big Macintosh snapped out of his daze and looked quizzically at his marefriend. "What're ya 'pologizin for?" He asked rather quietly, as if speaking too loudly would break the mare or scare her away.

"Oh.. oh, nothing.. Mackie..." She mewed.

Back to another period of comfortable silence, during which they ended up walking up and down the rows of trees at a very slow and peaceful pace. Eventually, Fluttershy's previous idea came to mind, which had been to play spin the bottle. How would she be able to suggest such a game? Maybe hints or references..?

"Hey, Big Mac.."

"What is it?"

"Umm.." she waited a moment before continuing. "Do you want to play that one game.. where you.. uhmm.. do.. do you want to play spin the bottle?" Clearly ignoring the useful advice just given to her through the fourth wall, she simply asked him straight up.

If his face hadn't already been red, he would've turned redder. The farm pony smiled nervously. "Eeyup."

After a while of searching, Fluttershy found an empty apple cider bottle. She sat down in front of Mac and placed the bottle inbetween them.

After a few more moments of silence, Fluttershy went first. She gently pushed the neck of the bottle to set it in motion. After a bit of spinning (3.25 seconds, to be exact) the bottle slowed and settled into a position. It was pointing directly off to the side, split between both of them.

Fluttershy looked that way and groaned quietly when she saw a red pony with brown hair and a prominent perv smile a few feet away. The other pony was about to approach when he was stopped by the author who WILL go down with her ship of the other two ponies.

The yellow pegasus turned back to Big Macintosh and smiled sheepishly at him.

"Your turn.." she murmured quietly.

Mac spun the bottle without a word only for it to land pointing in the opposite direction as the first try.

The mare facehooved as she turned and saw Miss Cheerily walking past and look at Big Macintosh with hunger in her eyes.

Mac, however, quickly turned to avoid eye contact with Miss "Creepily" as he learned to call her after she'd started stalking him.

Fluttershy looked at the red stallion and had an idea. She directed him to sit diagonal to her, instead of across, where the bottle had pointed first.

Taking her turn, she spun the bottle again. As it turned and turned, slower and slower, it finally settled.. pointing straight ahead. The exact spot where Mac was moments ago was now being pointed at by the bottle.

Fluttershy stared at it in shock for a moment. Her mouth was agape slightly as she sat still for approximately 5.4128 seconds before slamming her hoof into her face again in a second facehoof. If only she had a desk.

This time, the butter colored mare sat across from him again. She pulled some paper out of nowhere. She drew and arrow on each paper in red marker(at least, the author hopes it's marker). There were four sheets of paper, each with an arrow. She placed one piece on each side between the two, pointing in her direction. She then placed one on each side of herself, pointing at her. Then, if the bottle pointed to either side, it would point at an arrow. That arrow would then point at another arrow, which in turn pointed at her.

Now Big Macintosh was free to take his turn.

The red earth pony smiled slightly, rubbing the back of his neck. He put a hoof on the bottle and spun.

The bottle spun for a couple of seconds before settling. It was pointing at one of the arrows on the side. This arrow pointed at another arrow, and then of course at his marefriend.

Fluttershy almost let out a squee. She sat up a little straighter.

A distant thwack was heard. About 2.52 seconds later, a loud shatter rung out as a golfball made contact with their bottle.

"Fore!" Scootaloo's voice yelled.

"Aw common!" Sweetie Belle called soon after.

Fluttershy stared at the shattered bottle for a moment. After soaking in what just happened, she blinked twice. The pegasus stood on four hooves very slowly. She began to walk away, then sped into a steady trot, then a gallop. Reaching the barn, she whipped the door open and tripped on her way inside. The door slammed as hard as Fluttershy was capable of slamming it when she was inside.

Big Macintosh, clearly confused, stood to follow her. When he opened the barn door, he saw a lump of yellow pegasus on a heap of also yellow hay. The more alive of the two was holding back snuffles as she lay there.

As Big Mac approached, she didn't notice him and finally let out a high-pitched squeak and sobbed quietly.

"What's wrong, Fluttershy?" His voice was once again quiet and gentle.

"Mur mmphs hurrerng phmmmmm!"

Macintosh rubbed the back of his head nervously. "Shy, Ah.. Ah don't really know what it is you're sayin.." he said, taking another step closer.

Fluttershy lifted her tear-moistened muzzle from the hay, sprigs of it clinging to her face and mane.

After explaining her ordeal between sobs and sniffles, Macintosh had sat down in front of her. They were at eye level, with her elevated by the pile of hay.

"So.. you're cryin' over a broken cider bottle?" He inquired, not really understanding a lot of her explanation.

"B-because that was the only way I could get you to.. get us.. I..." She closed her eyes and shook her head softly. "N.. never mind, Mackie.."

"Well.. if you think it'll make ya feel better.." He put a hoof on the hay next to her, leaning forward and planting a chaste kiss on her cheek.

The blood rushed in were his lips broke contact and Fluttershy lifted a hoof slowly to her cheek.

"There. Ya feel better now?" He murmured, nuzzling the blushing mare's temple with his crimson nose and extracting a smile from her.

"Eeyup."

Author's Note:

So this story came to me when I was watching a video by Sniper Melon on YouTube. The video is called "Spin The Bottle (A Gmod Pony Short)". Please, watch it!

The video is much more random and funny, also making much less sense.

Sniper Melon's video was also just as (if not more) adorable than this story in the end. I watched it so many times and showed it to all of my friends. So yeah.

I decided to give it a little more of a conceivable plot, because something as random and hilarious as that video cannot be put into words. At least, not by my feeble mind.

So yes. Also, of course things didn't happen in the same way as they did in the video. I wasn't gonna go and make Macintosh be smoking weed like in the video, now was I?

Rate, comment, watch, favorite, all them stuffs. Because I feast on feedback. FEAST.

Comments ( 11 )

This is the video! :) Enjoy! ~

1. Love the story. :twilightsmile:

2. I had seen that vid a while ago (about last year) but never thought someone would make a story about it... I'm pleasantly surprised! :pinkiehappy:

3. Love the profile pic! I love it when cats make funny faces! :rainbowkiss:

4. I wish I was a born in the month of the dragon too... But instead I'm a tiger. :fluttershysad:

Comment posted by MimitehDragon deleted May 30th, 2014

4444297
1. Thanks!

2. Fabulous

3. That's my cat, Mimi, when she was a kitten~

4. Ugh yeah. Friggin bunnies. XD

I like this ship. I'm not going to go down with it, I prefer :eeyup::heart::derpytongue2:myself, but this is not far behind.
You spelled Cheerilee wrong, maybe I did too, but how can you expect her not to stalk him. She's as gay as the day is long, except for Big Mac. She likes her Big Mac with extra sausage and smooth sausage gravy.:rainbowlaugh:

You weren't going to have Big Mac smoke weed? You actually have a concision don't you? I have a little something planned where Celestia is chillin' on the couch, Twilight, Luna and Cadance walk in to see her singing Miley Cyrus, smoking weed and offering it to them.

Not

"With no prevail" doesn't make sense. That is saying "With no succeed"

Not

4796860 That was the only real issue I found, and I quite enjoyed the story. I wouldn't read 300+ pages of it, but in short bursts it is quite enjoyable. Sturdy 3.5/5

4th wall?
Who needs it?

*Ponyshrug*

Enjoyed reading this. Nice idea and a good challenge coming up with a story from the madness that are GMOD shorts.

In case you care for edits I believe I found an error roughly in the middle with "and" instead of "an":
"She drew and arrow on each paper in red marker"

7030747 Oh hello! Thank you for the feedback, I should probably go through and edit this entire gremlin of a story. It's pretty oooold haha.

When I was rereading it just now to reminisce about how bad I was (Though, I'm still not great...) I pretty much would agree with everything you just said. Also, I was surprised at how recent this comment was when I found it - all the others I have on all my stories are like... over a hundred weeks old, each. I might re-vamp this thing, or just edit out some of the worst cringy parts. But heeeeey if you're interested, I'm working on some other stuff now :moustache:

Stiiiiill probably not very good, but hey, I'm no professional. :P

Login or register to comment