• Published 18th May 2014
  • 355 Views, 4 Comments

Time trouble - Dynomation



Time is a stream, and anything can swim down river, just there`s always a bigger fish!

  • ...
 4
 355

Territory

Cerato
Princess Luna
Twilight Sparkle


Cerato stood on a large set of scales, he wasn`t sure why, but Twilight insisted that he did, so know they knew his exact weight and length, height and now many teeth he had, holding his mouth open Twilight finished measuring his largest tooth.

Landing back down on the ground Cerato jaws snapped shut, the theropod looked at the small equine "Was that really necessary?" he was slightly annoyed by the hole thing.

"Yes, you come from a time without magic. So I was seeing how it has affect your physiology, it seems your more equine in shape, and your brains slightly more complex other than that, your the same" she said looking through X-rays and chats of the predatory dinosaur.
Luna looked at the younger princess for a moment, "I am still confused about him being before magic. Could you explain that anymore Princess Sparkle?"

Twilight nodded, she`d read a lot on the subject of magic and it first appearance in the geological record, magic lives the earth with a purple-ish tint, but only if you look under a microscope, so when the first dinosaur were discovered they through they were much like dragons and breathed fire and battled like giant gladiators, after the last century and science advanced in great leaps they found out that magic appeared at the end of the Mesozoic period, or at the K.T barrier.

"Err I can try... From what scientist gathered, at the end of the region of the dinosaurs a mertorite hit Equis, that meteor contain something that triggered a chain reaction, causing the dinosaur extinction and the rise of magic and mammals, making life easier and more suited to fast adapting animals, not slow adapting, and they were replaced within a million years of magic first appearing" she explained, Cerato reaction was just to taking in all the info he could.

Whilst Luna simply nodded, but she was still confused at why all of a sudden dinosaurs started to reappear around Ponyville. Cerato had his own set off worries through.
"So what your saying is, the world doesn`t have any big predators like us anymore?" Twilight half nodded, their were no predators that used their physical strength and adaptations to kill, most predators in modern day Equestria used tools or a special magical trait.

"Do they have territories?" he asked, Twilight answer wasn`t the one he wanted "No is that a bad thing, they just kinder mingle with each other" Luna knew that a predator put up with other unless they came into their den

Cerato snorted in annoyance "Theropods don`t do that, they have a territory and will kill to defend it, and almost all of them will eat your people without a second thought" he growled, lowering his head to the eye level of Twilight.

"So why didn`t you?" asked the lunar princess, Cerato head turned to her "I have an arrangement with herbivores where I`m from, I protect them in my territory, in return I get a meal from the dead or dying" Luna didn`t flinch as his nostrils flared slightly "Mercy killing?"

Cerato nodded slightly, Luna didn`t like those word, killing is killing, sure Luna had killed before, but she didn`t lie to herself, she regretted it every time, the only thing she didn`t regret killing was a changeling drone, but for Cerato his diet did demand it but, Luna couldn`t think of the reason he was trying to be the kindest he could be for the loot that life had given him.

Before anyone could say anything though a message appeared in front of Luna, form a guard outpost bordering the Badlands. It read

Post 13 reporting.
A large group of dragons was seen coming out of the Badlands, aporximetly 50 of them, 3 types were evident one a large quadrapd with plates on it back, the second it smaller about a quarter of the size of the first, with no natural defence evident. The third consists of two individuals, tailing the herd, both off them walking bipedally, both as long a first spies but lighter built.

Herd is about 1 click away from the Post 13, requesting permission to investigate

Luna looked at Cerato then at Twilight "It would seem that Cerato and his friends are not the only new comers to Equestria, Twilight I am need for a large meeting in Canterlot in a dew hours, I need you to investigate this, take Cerato with you for insurance" she stated handing her the report.

Cerato sniffed the thing for a moment, but failed to notice the glow coming off of Twilight horn was becoming brighter. In a flash of blinding light the purple alicorn and mossy brown theropod where gone. Luna smiled slightly and tended to her duties whilst Celestia was away.


Cerato felt the hot unrelenting sun hit his back, finally something familiar to him, a deserts, he nostrils catching scents in the wind, a large herd of Stegosaur and Camptosaur, the last to where very familiar to him "You figured out what where dealing with?" he asked the pony princess, she shrugged. Cerato chuckled slightly.
"Come on I think you need to talk to some Allosaurs"

Author's Note:

Right, next introducing some 'celebrity' dinosaur that you may know already.

It`s going to be fun trust me.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment