• Published 26th May 2014
  • 2,998 Views, 8 Comments

Last Wishes - Gamel_Lightshow



Twilight visits someone she holds dear to her heart even if he's gone.

  • ...
3
 8
 2,998

For him and for us

Twilight stands next to Spike before a marble statue of a unicorn climbing a rock. Twilight stands there silent shaking as Spike comforts her by stroking her mane and body.

"Oh daddy..." She breathes out shakily stab of sobs in her voice.

Its been two monthes since that tragic day. She never got the full details on how he died, but what they told her shocked her to the core. Even though her father is a veteran he still trained his body as well as shinning. So when she heard he had died...

She chokes back sobs tears still running down her face. She wonders how her mother is coping with today.

The last time she talked to her mother she said Shinning went all out on their father's workout equipment. She laughed at the time, but now she feels like doing the same thing in memory of her father. He always wanted her to be more athletic.

The one thing she did right that her father had told her was find a respectable male. She looks up at Spike who is also staring at the statue. Even though he didn't get to know her father well she could still read the grief on his face.

The last thing Spike and her father talked about was marriage. Something Spike has never told Twilight yet. He's been waiting for the right moment. At first he thought about proposing in front of him to show how much of a real stallion he is. And than it clicks.

Now would be the right moment. Right in front of the man's statue. That way he would actually know that he went through with it. Now all he needs to do is get the ring out without her knowing.

Spike has always been carrying the ring with him ever since he learned how to store treasures in him. A special fold underneath his tongue holds gold, gems, and all sorts of stuff. Today it holds a hoof rings made by rarity for Twilight. In all honesty he figured the dragons just carried all their gold with them. The day he found out he began keeping his loot there and tested out how it worked. Even the heat of his flames didn't effect the gold.

Spike turns away and collects the ring and rubs as much of the saliva off of it.

"Spike?" she says turning towards him, "are you okay?"

"Twilight... Before your father died me and him talked. We talked about our future... together. He said..." Spike turns around and gets on a knee before showing her the ring, "I should marry you."

"Oh... Spike... I."

"Now Before you say anything I know how you feel about us and our relationship and your concern with us. Your father told me that if we never tried how would we know and Twilight... We need to try." Spike says visibly shaking.

Twilight looks at her father's statue and smiles. He's always been looking out for her. Even in death he still effects her life.

"Of course Spike." She says smiling, "Of course."

Twilight levitates the ring and slips it around her hoof smiling with joy. She had never thought of getting proposed to. She never even thought that her father would even give his grace to anybody. Let alone a dragon.

"But... Do you think"

"Twilght." Spike says moving closer to her on his knees, "I love you. I want to be with you. I want to grow to be old with you Twilight for as long as I can."

Twilight looks at the statue of her father. She smiles and nods her head, "I will try Spike. We will try. My father put his trust in me and you and I don't want to let him down more than I have."

Twilight shakes her head, "I... I don't know how this will work, but I will find a way."

Spike and Twilight share a kiss and embrace each other under the watchful eyes of her father. Twilight felt so much joy inside of her. She figured he would propose but never like this.

"I bet my father is smiling right now." Twilight says smiling herself, "He's probably giving you a hoof up."

Spike, smiling too, nods his head and lifts his claws up and thumbs up into the air where ever her father could be.


Twilight sits chatting with her mother as Spike and her brother chat as well. Shinning seems to be trying to stare Spike down and Spike vice versa. Since their father is dead it would only make sense that Shinning would do something in his place.

Twilight's mother laughs and talks about Shinning's doings and such. Shinning, though he won't admit it, has been affected the most out of all them. Mother knew this day would come and always kept prepared and Twilight was on her way to accepting it. Shinning though... He still tries to prove himself a man knowing that their father will always be watching them.

"So when is the wedding day?" Twilight's mother asks.

Twilight thinks for a moment not sure herself. The only date she can think of it. Her smile widens even more, "December the 25th is when I and Spike first learned of our feelings."

"Hmmm a special day for the both of you. Now you'll have two things to remember of that day. Three when you have foals."

Twilight blushes and says nothing as she watches Spike and shinning have a claw versus hoof wrestle.

Watching it make her realize something. Things are always going to get better. The death of their father isn't going to drive each other further away but draw everyone closer. Twilight hugs her mother and her mother hugs her back. These special moments in life is what their days are meant for.

Her father's death was all planned by her father. He probably knew all this was going to happen.

"Sometimes your too smart Dad." Twilight says looking up at the ceiling, "and I love you for that."

Comments ( 7 )

Faved!

What can I say...it is awesome so far, I absolutely love how serious it starts and most of all, I liked the display of emotions in characters. Keep up the good work!:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment