• Published 14th May 2014
  • 2,663 Views, 17 Comments

I Love You - The Asexual Jelly Bean



Twilight wants to talk to Celestia about something personal.

  • ...
15
 17
 2,663

Please, Celestia

Author's Note:

Ok, I'm not sure whether this is good or not. I put a lot of thought into how I wanted it to end, and I hope it's good enough.

Thanks for reading ^^

“I know Discord was right with what he said, but I fear Celestia won’t give it another chance, no matter what. I get that she’s nervous about how the ponies of Equestria are gonna react. But, she’s still their leader, and they shouldn’t judge her, nor should she let them judge her.” Twilight couldn’t seem to make sense of the situation with Celestia, no matter how hard she tried.

She decided to leave it for a while, and see if Celestia would come to her. She went to her room in the castle, and picked up one of the new books, that the box had made, along with the castle itself. Maybe a good book would clear her mind, and she could forget Celestia for just a moment.

Twilight took the first book that caught her attention The Sun’s Mystery, apparently it was about how the sun was created, and if it was Celestia who created it. Twilight simply got mad, and threw away the book, not anywhere in particular, she just didn’t want it near her. She picked up another book Daring Do: And the Griffon’s Goblet, it had been a while since she read any of the Daring Do books. She lay down on the bed, opened the book and started reading.

Meanwhile, Celestia was lying in her bed crying. She felt she had made a huge mistake.

“How could I let her go like that?! She’s right… I DO have too much pride in my reputation, and I don’t want it to get lost. I wish that the fact that she’s right would change something, but it simply doesn’t. I’m so many years old and she’s so young. But, that’s where she’s right as well, it doesn’t mean as much as an Alicorn, as it would to a normal pony. My age of 2500, would seem as 25. But, since Twilight’s now an Alicorn, she’d practically be a filly compared to me. Even though she’s not. I gotta get it together. It’s wrong, and I can’t do it!” Yet, she wasn’t sure if she was actually telling the truth.

At Fluttershy’s cottage, Fluttershy had noticed something strange about Discord. He was really sad. She knew Discord had changed and all, but she didn’t think he would change THIS much. Actually being depressed over his friend’s problem seems… un-Discord-like. “Discy, are you ok?” Fluttershy asked him, in her usual quiet voice. Discord stared over at her with widened eyes.

“Oh, uh, yes, yes of course. I’m just feeling bad for Twilight.” Fluttershy got a little curious. It didn’t look like Discord to act like this.

“Discy, are you sure that’s all?” Discord wanted to tell her why he was so sad about it, but thought it would be a bad idea, since it was about him liking Celestia, and him wanting her to be happy.

“Yes, yes, Fluttershy. That’s all. No need to worry.” Discord said, convincingly, making Fluttershy sure that there wasn’t anything else. So, she went and fed her animals.

Discord sat on a chair looking out the window, and directly up at the almost fallen sun.
“I guess Luna is doing it slowly today.” He realized something, though. He looked at the sun and the moon, trying to compare their speed. The sun was going rather slow, as well as the moon. Once the moon and the sun reached twilight, they stopped. “Wait… why did they?” The moon and the sun didn’t move anymore, and it was just at twilight.

“Discord?! What’s happening with the sun and the moon? Why aren’t they moving all the way?” Fluttershy came bashing through the door.

“I believe Celestia is doing a callout to a special somepony in Ponyville.” He turned to see Fluttershy’s worried face, as it changed to more of a smile.

“Wow, really?...” Fluttershy looked fascinated out of the window, sitting beside Discord. They both grabbed around each other, and Fluttershy rested her head on Discord’s chest.

“It’s beautiful, don’t you think?” Discord looked at Fluttershy in a questioning manner.

“Yeah, it really is.”

In the Castle of Ponyville Twilight had noticed how the sunlight had faded away, and being replaced with the moonlight. But, she was as confused as Discord and Fluttershy once it just stopped. “Why is it?... I suppose something went wrong.” Twilight had given it a thought, that Celestia was trying to call out to her, but she doubted it greatly. She simply dismissed the thought for a while. Once five minutes passed, and they still hadn’t fixed it yet, she started to think about it again.

“Ok, something must be up. I need to go check up on the two sisters! One of them could be in trouble.” She closed her almost finished book and teleported away, off to Celestia.

“CELESTIA, ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!” Twilight exclaimed as she entered the Castle.

“You came?!” Celestia stared at Twilight in pure wonder. Twilight looked at Celestia in down-right confusion. Celestia ran to her with an incredible speed, and grabbed around her as she reached her. Twilight bashed away her mentor’s forelegs.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” Twilight was raging at Celestia, both for earlier that day, and for this. “I was worried out of my coat! I thought you were hurt!” Celestia took a step back, away from her student. “You think I’ll just forgive you for doing THIS?! Worrying me, and almost forced me to come here?!”

“Twilight, I just wanted to-”

“I don’t care what you wanted to do!” Twilight sent an enraged glare to Celestia.

“I did this for you, Twilight.” Twilight was careless. She knew that Celestia did it to charm her, but Twilight didn’t fall for it.

“Celestia. We broke up for a reason, remember? I still love you, and I get the feeling that you still love me, but we broke up, because you were too proud of your stupid reputation! And I don’t believe you can simply dismiss those thoughts!” Celestia looked at the floor, knowing that Twilight was right. “You’ve dismissed those thoughts for now, I can see that, but, do you believe you can forget about them forever? Are you sure you have the nerves to tell the Kingdom?”

“N-no… I don’t. I really wish I did, but you’re right, I can’t. I just care about you so much, Twilight.” Celestia’s eyes started to water, and so did Twilight’s. Even after the events that just occurred, they still hugged each other, in a comforting embrace. They stood there, hugging for a few seconds, when Twilight stepped back. She didn’t step very far, only around one fourth of a meter, when she leaned in towards Celestia and kissed her. They kissed for a while. Just standing there, sharing a passionate moment together. Their lips touching, and their eyes both closed, as they enjoyed every second. But inevitably they pulled away from each other, and Twilight turned around. She took a few steps away from Celestia, sending a tearful glare, and teleported away, leaving Celestia in complete devastation and with a broken heart. “I wish I… could do it.

She went into her chamber again. This time she didn’t do anything else than crying. She lay in bed and cried. Covering her face in the covers of the bed. She looked outside of the window for a split second, noticing the sun still hanging in the middle of the sky.

She went out of the castle and yelled all over the Kingdom of Canterlot. “DON’T WORRY CITIZENS OF EQUESTRIA! A SIMPLE MISTAKE HAD OCCURRED, AND WE ARE NOW ABLE TO FIX IT!” At that, her horn started glowing, the sun lowered and the moon rose.
The twilight disappeared, and Celestia went inside of the castle once more, and put herself in the bed.

Twilight looked outside of the window, crying more than ever as the twilight disappeared.
“It’s for the best. I know it is.” She tried to occupy herself with reading the rest of the book, but couldn’t. She was fixated on the earlier events.

Out beside the Everfree Forest, the Draconequus had gone to the bathroom, and teleported to Twilight’s castle, in order to check if they’d broken up, or if they’d come back together. What he was met with killed him inside. “No, Twilight…” Twilight stared up at him with a tear-covered face.

“We just don’t belong together, Discord.” She wiped away her tears, but in vain. The tears returned in an instant.

“That’s not true, Twilight.” Discord took a step closer to her.

“Discord, she has too much pride in her reputation to be with me. If we get together again, and she tells her subjects, then her reputation will be ruined. Because the ponies of Canterlot do not approve of lesbians.”

“That shouldn’t be a reason. She is their goddess, and they should obey her. If they don’t approve of her being a lesbian, then that’s just too bad. She is their leader, and they have to respect her.” Discord was angry with the Canterlot ponies now.

“That’s what I’ve told her all along, but she won’t listen.” Twilight covered her face once again, trying to hide the streaming tears.

“Then I’ll tell her.”

He flicked his fingers, and ended up at the Canterlot Castle. “CELESTIA!” Discord was also mad at Celestia for her pride.

“Di-Discord? W-what are you doing here?” Celestia looked bummed out and tired. She simply looked like a mess. Her face was pale and wrinkled, her eye-color had faded slightly and her hair looked hideous.

“Celestia, I’ve come to talk to you about Twilight.” Celestia’s eyes widened.

“Discord, there’s nothing to talk about. We’re not gonna happen. It’s too strange.”

“No, Celestia. You just have too low self-esteem. Which is something you have to get over. Get over the way you let the ponies of Canterlot judge you. YOU! are their leader. YOU! decide what’s ok and what’s not. Not those big-headed ponies. Now, go apologize to Twilight, and make it up! I don’t care if you have problems with those god forsaken ponies! You are the one in charge, and if they don’t approve, then that’s too bad for them.” Discord’s face had turned into a raging facade throughout the speech. Celestia had understood what he said, but, she wasn’t sure if she really wanted to, still.

“Discord, This is a very hard choice for me to make. I’m afraid that, if I get back together with Twilight and tell it to the ponies of Canterlot, then they’ll lose all respect for me. And, I want to be their leader, not their enemy. And that’s what I’ll have to be, in order for them to approve of it.” Discord stood in his place, thinking. Wondering what he could say to make her change her mind, but he couldn’t seem to find anything.

“Alright, Celestia. I see what you mean. But, you could try not acting villainous towards them if you get back together, just to see if it works. I’m sure if their beautiful, majestic leader tells them it’s alright, they’ll understand. Otherwise, they don’t deserve to have you as their leader…” Celestia wasn’t sure what to reply, and she found herself agreeing with what he said.

“You know, you’re right, Discord.” Celestia had a moment of realization, before her horn started glowing, and bubble wrapped around her. “I HAVE TO SAY SORRY TO!-...” is what Discord heard before she was gone. He smiled. But, then he realized that Fluttershy was waiting for him.

“PONY FEATHERS!” He flicked his fingers, and was gone.

“Twilight, I’m sorry for what I did! If the ponies of Canterlot don’t approve of us, then they can leave! Either that, or they can respect that I am in love with a mare.” Twilight looked up from her bedsheets, and wiped away all the tears she had gathered there. She was looking just like Celestia did now. Wrinkles in her face, faded eye-coloring and very pale compared to her color.

“Are you sure, Celestia? I love you, but I don’t want something that will not last.” Celestia nodded with watered eyes and a happy smile.

“Yes, Twilight! I’m sure!” She went down to her size level and kissed her on the lips. When they pulled back, she told her “I love you too much to let my subjects stand between us.” And they kissed again. And went on for a while. The rest is left to imagination...

Now they were really sure that they belonged together. After a week they’d worked up the nerves to tell all of Equestria. At first they didn’t approve, but they grew used to it, and they really didn’t mind at all. It took about a month for the bigger part of Canterlot to approve of it.

Discord also said sorry to Fluttershy, and he told her the whole story about him and Celestia, and what he was actually doing. At first, Fluttershy was a bit sad, but got over it quite fast, now that she was 100% sure, that Celestia and Twilight were together.

Comments ( 6 )

4563760 Well, this was my first ship-fic, but I published it, in order to get some constructive critique ^^ it's a better way to learn to write.

To keep your stories sheltered will never teach you what mistakes you made, and if it does, it will take a lot more time :) :twilightblush:

4390112
Did you previously go by the name "Reactor33"? I remember reading an unfinished Twilestia by Reactor33 called "I Love You", but it's been a while and I wasn't sure this was the same story.

EDIT: Never mind, just read the blog post. Thanks anyway!

4564313 so is this story dead...or what? I only ask cause its got an incomplete tag

6255127 Yes, it's still on Hiatus. I honestly haven't been able to finish it... I've been thinking from when I put it on hiatus a, whether or not I should continue, and I've tried really hard to find an ending to it, but I do believe I'll put it on "Complete" soon.

So, yeah. That's a thing.

It was very good story and I love the story :-)

Alternate strategy for twilight.
Speeches about how great love is whatever form it takes.
Crystal castle available free as a venue for all unconventional marriages.
Twilight will officiate the ceremony if you want.
Commission some books with flattering portrayals of such love.
A few years later, most of Equestria is fine with same sex relationships, and pony with griffon relationships. And 3 way relationships.

Login or register to comment