• Published 30th May 2014
  • 1,181 Views, 65 Comments

Cutie Mark Crusader Superheroes - infernape612



The Cutie Mark Crusaders find Applejack's old Mare Do Well costume and decide to take up the mantle.

  • ...
0
 65
 1,181

13 - Loose Ends

STERLING SILVER SCAPEGOATED!!! Apple Bloom couldn't suppress a smile as she read the newspaper headline the following morning. She didn't bother to read the rest of the article, seeing as she was secretly one of the three ponies who had exposed the whole conspiracy. Returning the paper to her big sister, she said, "Well, I'm gonna go play outside now. See ya!"

Applejack sighed. "Ya ain't gonna try and do somethin' stupid, are ya?"

"Nope. Since the bad guys are in Manehattan, ah can't do nothin' about it 'till ah head there. So ah figure we'd go play pirates or somethin'."

"Ah really don't think you should be runnin' off to Manehattan just so you can fight crime. You bailed Sterlin' out of the fryin' pan. Ain't that enough?"

"Ah've been waitin' for a chance to go visit Babs Seed. Besides, a hero is never idle! Now if y'all excuse me, I'm gonna go play." She went out the door with the energy only a filly could have.

Applejack sighed again and turned to her big brother. "Big Mac... you're with me on this, right?"

"Nope. Ah may not like it, but every time ah've tried to tell mahself that today, ah can't help but think about what would've happened to Sterlin' Silver if she hadn't intervened."

"...She's growin' up real fast..."

"Eeyup."


When Apple Bloom made it to the town plaza, she found Sweetie Belle waiting for her. "Hi, Sweetie Belle!"

"Oh, hi, Apple Bloom! So what's on the agenda for us today?"

"Ah figured we'd go play pirates or somethin'. Do you know where everypony else is?"

"Well, I can see Snips and Snails just over there. Looks like they've got... what is tha- TAKE COVER!!!" Sweetie Belle grabbed Apple Bloom and shoved her out of the way just as a telekinetically thrown water balloon splashed the area where Apple Bloom was standing.

The two colts laughed. "WATER BALLOON FIGHT!!!" The two fillies soon found their position bombarded with aquatic missiles.

Sweetie Belle began catching some of the balloons in mid-air with her magic. "Go! Run! I'll cover you!" The plaza was soon turned into a filly-sized war zone.

As Apple Bloom fled back home, she couldn't help but think, Good thing everythin's back to normal... When she returned, she barreled into her clubhouse and opened a loose floorboard. She began hastily shoving aside the CMC's most secret possessions. Eventually, she pulled out her new Mare Do Well costume. She admired the cool, heroic outfit... and then tossed it aside before getting what she really wanted - one of Scootaloo's old wagons containing a small stockpile of water balloons saved for just such an occasion. After replacing everything else, she began to move out. It was time to rescue her friend.


The water balloon fight ended with the unfortunate colts and their allies getting their own weapons dumped onto them. Sweetie Belle had held the line for ten minutes straight, during which the enemy had been reinforced by Dinky Hooves and Button Mash due to each of them owing Snips and Snails a favor. Eventually, Apple Bloom's return with their own munitions proved decisive, and the CMC were declared the winners. Apple Bloom pulled Snips and Snails back onto their hooves, and all six foals laughed. They began searching for more ways to spend the day. Apple Bloom asked, "Have any of you seen Scootaloo around here? Ah figured she'd have come and saved Sweetie Belle's hide."

Button Mash responded, "I heard her dad finally got his health back up to full. He's apparently getting out of the hospital today!" The other foals cheered loudly and began walking again. Apple Bloom glanced to her left and noticed Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. It occurred to her that Silver Spoon's usual poise and confidence/arrogance (depending on who you asked) had been all but non-existent during the past three weeks, but that due to her father's exoneration she had finally gotten some of her old spark back. Against all better judgement, she went over to go talk to the two of them, followed by an apprehensive Sweetie Belle.

"Hi, Diamond Tiara! Hi, Silver Spoon!"

Silver Spoon noticed the two of them. "Oh... hey."

"Ah heard the police finally figured out your dad's a good guy!"

Silver Spoon chuckled. "Yeah... they did."

Apple Bloom nodded. "Well... nice talkin' to ya!" She turned to leave, and Silver Spoon took a deep breath.

"Hey, Apple Bloom... I never properly thanked you and your friends for sticking up for me and my father... I didn't think anyone would!"

Apple Bloom turned around and smiled. "Any time."

"...Friends?" Silver Spoon extended a hoof. Apple Bloom bumped it.

"Friends." She turned hopefully to Diamond Tiara, who rolled her eyes. However, under a death glare from Silver Spoon, she also bumped Apple Bloom's hoof. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle returned to the main group, and the eight foals resumed their search for fun.


That night, Biggs got to relax in the comfort of his own home for the first time in three weeks. Given that he had spent his time in the hospital sleeping, there wasn't much difference, save that the food was slightly better. Biggs also had a wicked-looking scar on his chest and a smaller but matching scar on his back. Biggs happily jumped onto his bed, basking in the warmth of his soft, luxurious mattress. He heard a voice call out from the kitchen. "Hey, Dad! I made dinner for you!"

"Did you, now? Good. Anything's better then that trash they serve at the hospital."

"You have not tasted bad food until you have tasted Sweetie Belle's cooking." Scootaloo entered the bedroom balancing a tray on her head, which she offloaded onto Biggs' lap. He licked his lips and prepared to dig in, but stopped when he realized what his daughter was wearing - a purple jumpsuit with a matching cape. "I thought you should see me in costume at least once before I head off to Manehattan."

Biggs laughed. "It looks good on you... but shouldn't there be a mask or something?"

Scootaloo nodded. "There is, but I'd rather you be able to see my face when I talk to you." She showed him the mask and hat.

"Yeah... so, Manehattan... the bastards responsible for my sick leave are holed up there, is that right?"

"Yeah."

"You take care of yourself, you hear me? If anything happens to you, your mom will come back from the dead and make sure that this time, I don't get back up."

"Yes, sir!" She gave him a hug. "Do you think Mom's proud of me?"

"Definitely." Biggs began to eat.

"Hey, that reminds me - I haven't shown you all of my cool gadgets yet! You've already seen the grappling hook, but I never got to show you my physics-defying Mare-Do-Rangs!" And that was how the two spent the rest of the night.


The next morning, Biggs, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie saw off their friends and family. The Cutie Mark Crusaders would be accompanied by Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash. (Wedge was in charge of setting up the new division of bodyguards and so could not be in either group, but he sent his regards.) As they left the train station, they stuck their heads out the window and waved. Everypony waved back, and soon they were a speck on the horizon. Biggs quickly left, leaving behind Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie. Fluttershy turned to Pinkie Pie. "Hey, Pinkie?"

"Yeah?"

"You ever get the feeling we're being left out?"

"You remember that time I went insane and had a party with a bunch of inanimate objects, right? You know what I learned that day?"

Fluttershy thought for a moment. "...Don't assume the worst of your friends?" Pinkie shook her head.

"Besides that. A few weeks later, everypony kinda ignored me again because of the whole Sisterhooves Social thing. I was about to go insane again when I saw Rarity get some quality time with Sweetie Belle. That's when I learned that sometimes, it's just not your story."

Fluttershy nodded. "...You know, the Crusaders are doing a terrible job of keeping their secret identity secret."

Pinkie laughed. "Oh, yeah! Didja see the way they ran all over the place training themselves the past three weeks? And the day they stop, that's when Mare Do Well makes her big comeback! Totally obvious!"

"Well, they are only kids... even if they are superheroes."

Comments ( 5 )

Oh man, I almost feel sorry for the bad guys, the Crusaders are coming and they have ADULT BACK UP!!!! Hehehehehehhehehehehehehehe, this is GOONA BE AWESOME!

Noooo... I just started reading this today and I already finished! I demand moar!please?

4765575 Despite my lazy ass still not getting around to finishing the next chapter, it's not over until the fat mare sings. And Rarity hasn't started singing yet. OOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!! BURNED!!! :rainbowlaugh:

4769688

Get your lazy assume on it then.

Turns to mule. No offence

Wait this is called?
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Login or register to comment