• Published 13th Apr 2014
  • 496 Views, 11 Comments

The Author of Breath - Im So Sorry



Thirteen year old Alphonse finds himself playing a game and ending up "playing" as an author, who can bend the reality around him just by writing it so.

  • ...
1
 11
 496

Alphonse: Play Game ==>

Alphonse's POV


PESTERLOG 001#

ClockworkPsychologist has started pestering Group at 4:33 pm


CP: So, are we all ready to play?

Hi, this is me, ClockworkPsychologist. Or at least, this is my Pesterchum handle. It’s the name I use when I am talking to my friends online


PD: Yup! :)

This is pastaDog. She is my online friend. She likes anime and crap, but I never got her obsession. We know each other from real life.


PW: I was born ready, YOU DO NOT QUESTION THE MIGHTY POTATO!

This is PotatoWalrus. He is a nice guy when you get to know him. I met him online and since then he has been my cannon fodder and my hitman in my online games. I am just in the background, doing most of the damage. I was not amused by his remark.


DH: Lets go ahead and launch the server. Remember your server players!

This is DevilsHandmaid. I met her online as well. In real life, she is kind of introverted and soft spoken. But online, she is probably the most assertive and perverted person I know. She is pretty much the female Notch.


So, I inserted my copy of the SBURB beta. I can’t believe that I actually got copies of these! Of course it’s hard to get a copy of a beta, but this SBURB beta is kinda popular. I remember having a similar discussion with DH on Pesterchum on the same subject, she said something about fate. Of course, being a religious man, I took it with a grain of salt. When it comes to my terms, there is no fate. Everything happens on God’s whims. Anyhoo, I launch the download client. It was somewhat hypnotizing to watch. In fact, it didn’t take long to load at all.


CP: Wow! I can’t believe how fast this thing loads.

DH: I think that merits for the game’s quality.

PD: No kidding, this thing was fast!


Soon, the menu screen popped up. It only had two options. The first said “Play Game” and the second is “Play Game: Server Player”. I knew that DH was my server player, so I clicked the first option. It said “Searching for Server Player..” on my screen once I clicked the option and it hesitated. It seemed to be loading or somthing. Soon, it showed a name under a skull-like symbol.


CP: Does anyone know a Hannah Medraco?

PD: No.

PW: Why do you ask that in the middle of nowhere?

CP: Nevermind.

DH: I think I know who that is.

CP: Who?


There really wasn’t a response after that, like she knew but didn’t wish to tell me. Anyhoo, I turn my attention back to the SBURB game. The thing on the screen was quite peculiar. You see, the character featured on the screen was none other than me. I get up off my computer and move around, keeping my focus on the screen. Whenever I moved on the screen, the little on-screen representation of me moved as well.


CP: Please tell me I’m not the only one seeing this.

DH: Seeing what? The man on the screen moving around?

CP: That’s ME.

DH: O_o

PD: You’re the video game character?

PW: Dude, that’s messed up. Check to see if there is any cameras set up in your room or some shit.

CP: I’m pretty sure that’s illegal, dude.

DH: Here, go downstairs, I placed something for you.


I grab my phone and go downstairs. There is an app on it that allows me to chat with DH, PW, and PD. As I exit the stairs I notice a giant machine standing in my living room. It looks like a capsule, but I’m not sure what it is.


CP: Is this because of the game?

DH: Yup, I spawned it in.

PW: You gotta help me here, what’s going on over there?

CP: DH spawned a huge-ass machine in my living room.

PD: Is that okay?

PW: Of course not.

PW: Man, you're so screwed.

CP: I know that, but shouldn't we see what it does before my mom kills me because of this thing?

DH: It’s your funeral.


I pull the wheel attached to the capsule-looking thing. No matter how hard I tried it wouldn't budge. Eventually, DH had a hand in the machine, and it popped open like a can of TAB.


CP: Nice work, DH!

DH: I only offer the best.

PD: Well, me and PW will start our server later.

PW: Well, PD wants to make sure you’re okay.

CP: Of course, your commentary is much supported!

DH: And what are you gonna do, just sit there?

PD: :(

PW: Harsh.


Out of the machine pops a circle of ethereal light, a enchanting light blue color. Utterly confused, I go to see what it is. It’s so mysterious in a weird-ball-of-light kinda way.


CP: What is that thing?

DH: Dunno

CP: Very helpful…

PD: What does it look like?

CP: A thing.

PW: Then it’s probably a thing.

DH: Hold on, I’ll look it up.

PW: She’s gone, quick!

PW: Let’s talk shit about her!

CP: *Rolls eyes*

PD: *Hits PW with something heavy*

PW: Ow, watch it!

DH: I’m back, I searched it up on the MSPAINT Wiki.

CP: ?

PD: Don’t leave us in suspense!

DH: It’s call a Kernelsprite, you’re supposed to throw something in it.


I smile and I go into my back yard and grab a shovel. I then get a tiny coffin with the initials FE on it. It was my dead cat, Fluffy Edward. I quickly throw it in the kernelsprite, then the sprite takes the form of my dead cat. Well, sort of. It has a ghostly tail and is holding the coffin. It’s still in it’s deathbed clothing, a tuxedo and such. I stared up at it. It was amazing!


CP: DH, DH, come look at my wonderful creation!

DH: Kind of busy trying to save your ass here.

PD: ?

DH: Look outside, I’ve been able to manage the small group.

DH: But everyone I smash one spawns in!

CP: DH, I think I need to take care of this.


Outside was a group of cats. They were rabid cats trying to get past a poorly made fortress. She dissembled the fortress.

DH: Have at them.

Author's Note:

Well, this chapter was due in for a MAJOR rewrite, I'm glad I fixed it. This way, we can know what's going on better and esablish some characters. Also, I'm not cannon fire-ing of events like a party pony with a party cannon. Darkstar195, here's looking at you kid.

Comments ( 11 )

Not bad, but the writing's a bit choppy, and it needs a bit more description. That said, I'm looking forward to where this fic is going.
And on another note: I see what you did with the submit date. >.>

Yes, that's been somthing I have been trying to fix. My choppy writing leaves little room for description. I do this because my mind tries to race from thought to thought rapidly. Thank you for pointing that out though, and I will try to fix that for you. :twilightsheepish:

I think it's great! One question though: what's a GUI?
But anyway, the storyline certainly is interesting. I would like to see more!

I do have to say though, watch your grammar and spelling everywhere.
For grammar is everypony's enemy.

An example of a GUI is like a health bar or a stamnia bar in a video game. In the game they were playing, the GUI consisted of things the Server Player could spawn in. :twilightsmile:

Oh yes, grammer is going to kill me.:twilightangry2:
I hate grammer.:twilightangry2:
It interupts my creative flow. :twilightangry2:

Hey, is it okay if I picked out the most obvious mistakes? I really wanna help keeping your creative flow. :twilightsmile:

It's not you're fault at all! Grammer, although highly irritating, is important.
Plus, it's not too obivous. In fact, in my first Fanfiction, I counted twenty grammerical errors. I fixed them, but nobody pointed them out. :twilightsmile:

That submission date. THAT PROFILE PIC IS FROM TIMELESS KNIGHT RIGHT? Cause I have that: file:///C:/Users/HP%20mini/Desktop/VID%20MOV/Homestuck/Sollux%20Captor%206.png (Couldn't use the link)

...
I will flag you in spam, woman...
Anyhoo, yes, the submission date is 4/13! I thought it would be fitting to publish it on that time, yes. :twilightsmile:

Hey guys, I just rewrote my first chapter.
Have at it!:twilightsmile:

Yes! 100 views!

This sounds a little similar to the premise for my own Homestuck fan character (a player whose weapon is a keyboard, which when upgraded enough lets him simply type "the monster died") so I'll be looking forward to reading when it's done.

Login or register to comment