• Published 14th Apr 2014
  • 414 Views, 2 Comments

The Era of Equis - timeblitz



The Era of Equis has started. Both Princess Luna and Celestia have fallen. A small filly may hold what little hope is left to this country.

  • ...
3
 2
 414

Chapter 4

Nightshade groggily sat up in the high up chair she was forced upon. She had been hastily taken to a room with a black board and books everywhere. It kinda resembled a classroom minus the desks. A female unicorn was standing directly in front of her. She had a dull gray coat and a white mane in a bun. She was giving Nightshade a stern look and was tapping a ruler with her magic. "You're late." She said at last. Nightshade shrunk down in her chair now fully awake. This pony meant business.

"I'm sorry Miss. I overslept." Nightshade's stomach decided this was a great time to show how hungry it was and let out a loud gurgle. Unfortunately Nightshade was bustled over to this room without breakfast. "Sorry.." Nightshade shrunk even lower into the chair.

The pony gave her a burning glare before sighing. "I guess it can't be helped. Sit up, you're supposed to be a princess you know." The pony set down the ruler before returning to the front of the room. "I'm Miss IceSpell. You however shall refer to me as Miss Spell. I specialize in elemental magic and shall be teaching you to control your lunar magic." Miss Spell turned to a board and wrote her name in big swirling letters. "Any questions?"

"Actually yes." squeaked Nightshade. "I noticed the sun up this morning but the princesses are, umm."

"Yes, yes. No need to say any of that. Until you are capable of raising and lowering the moon we have resorted to lesser methods. Before the former princesses ruled us unicorns gathered in masses to raise and lower the sun and moon. Unfortunately this is very straining on our magic so I hope you're a fast learner." Miss Spell nodded at the filly "I do however believe that you are considering you managed to ask a noteworthy question."

"Thanks, I guess." Nightshade said before straightening up. "What are we going to learn today?"

"Today we shall be performing a simple levitation spell. We need to ease you into magic seeing how you were originally a normal bat pony." After that small exchange the two ponies began the day's lesson. Luckily for Nightshade she caught on quickly and was able to lift up about anything in the room at the end of the day.

"Tomorrow you will be lifting weighted sandbags to increase your strength. Your day shall consist of lessons and meals. At least until you learn important magic." Nightshade let out a small groan that went unheard. She went back to her room and collapsed on the bed. One could hardly blame her as she was new to magic and was only a filly. She was exhausted. Nightshade quickly fell into a dreamless sleep just as the moon began its ascent into the sky.

Author's Note:

Sorry this chapters shorter. I don't know why, it just is. That's okay though! ^_^

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment