• Published 14th Apr 2014
  • 414 Views, 2 Comments

The Era of Equis - timeblitz



The Era of Equis has started. Both Princess Luna and Celestia have fallen. A small filly may hold what little hope is left to this country.

  • ...
3
 2
 414

Chapter 2

Warmth. She was warm but her head was ringing. Maybe it had all been a bad dream. Maybe Luna hadn't died. Maybe she wasn't kidnapped. Perhaps it was all a nightmare and she was really snuggled into her nice warm bed at home. These thoughts all rung inside Nightshade's mind. She toyed with them in her head before slowly opening her eyes. To her disappointment this wasn't her room. It was far from it. For starters instead on her little bed with a simple pillow and red blanket she was resting in a huge round bed with a lunar array of colors. The room was a bland tan color with simple starts painted on the ceiling. On second glance Nightshade realized where she was. Princess Luna's room. She should know, after all she had been to this very spot many times with her "big sister". Nightshade groggily pulled herself out of bed. She trotted across the room and pulled open the door. A guard turned around and looked down at the filly.

"I see you have awoken. If you don't mind coming with me I'll take you to somepony who can explain this to you." The guard started walking down the hall at a brisk pace. Nightshade followed closely behind. The guard stopped outside what Nightshade knew as the meeting room. He opened the door and Nightshade went inside. A single pony sat at the end of the table. It was the same yellow unicorn mare as before.

"I suppose you want answers, correct?" She said slowly Nightshade nodded her head. "We'll start with your new looks."

"New looks?"

The yellow mare chuckled."I guess you haven't seen yourself lately huh? Good thing I came prepared." The yellow horse pulled a small hoof-held mirror out of her saddle bag. She levitated it in front of Nightshade who then took it into her own hooves. She let out a loud gasp and dropped the mirror. It shattered upon impact.

"I-I have a horn! And my eyes!" She stuttered. The small filly felt her new horn with gentle hooves. It just was sitting there, a horn! Her eyes were also transformed from a brilliant yellow to a deep crimson red. She had become an alicorn.

A smile spread across the yellow mare's face as she said "Look at your flank."

Nightshade looked down and let out another gasp of surprize. On her flank a crescent moon with a single black star in the middle had appeared. Her cutie mark had shown up. "My cutie mark!" the small filly exclaimed.

"Now that we have that out of the way, my name's Equis." the yellow mare said. "We turned you into an alicorn because we have a very special task for you."

"Why me? I'm not anything special. And what's this task?" Nightshade asked, regaining her composure.

"You had the marks of Luna. You had a chance to survive the test. As for the task, you'll become the new moon goddess." Equis said.

"Wait. Marks of Luna? Moon goddess? What?" Nightshade asked confused.

"Yes. You should know, after all my forces spotted you at the sight of Luna's defeat. Now that Princess Luna and Celestia are out of the picture we can rule this country how it should be ruled. You will be a gate of sorts. We gained information on you after the conversion last night. Did you know Princess Luna was going to take you in as her apprentice? She called it being her student. She had big plans for you Nightshade. We're simply carrying them out for her."

"But couldn't Luna have carried her plans out by herself if she were still alive?" Nightshade asked cautiously.

"Maybe. But we are ensuring that it happens. Besides we have other plans that don't just concern you. As I said earlier we will rule this world as it should be. You'll be like an image."Equis smiled widely then said "This will be the Era of Equis!"

Nightshade nodded. "Oh, if I raise and lower the moon who will take care of the sun?"

"Don't worry. Right now we are searching for a suitable pony to take up that job. As for you, lessons shall begin tomorrow to teach you to control your magic."

"Okay."Nightshade said "Can I meet them when you find them?"

Equis nodded her head. "Now please go back to your room. A guard shall escort you there." Nightshade trotted to the door and opened it. Outside a guard stood and when she exited the meeting hall he took her back. Once in the room she realized she was really tired and so she snuggled back into the covers and drifted off into a deep sleep.