• Published 14th Apr 2014
  • 414 Views, 2 Comments

The Era of Equis - timeblitz



The Era of Equis has started. Both Princess Luna and Celestia have fallen. A small filly may hold what little hope is left to this country.

  • ...
3
 2
 414

Chapter 3

Nightshade was standing alone in a blueish purple area. She saw no floor yet she seemed to be standing. She glanced around trying to figure out what was happening. She took a few steps forward then plummeted downwards. She let out a cry and desperately tried to slow her descent. Her little wings flapped a mile an hour but it did little to stop her fall. Just when she thought she was done for a shadowy figure swooped down below her. Nightshade fell onto the creature with a thud and the wind was knocked out of her. The creature who had saved her began to slowly float down towards the ground. Nightshade realized this creature was wearing a cotton cloak of sorts. She gently lay the filly down before throwing back her hood. The face revealed was one Nightshade thought she may never see again. "Luna!" she cried out flinging her tiny hooves around the mare's neck. "I missed you so much." Tears of joy started to streak down the filly's face as she cried out to her lost friend.

"Shh. Do not cry Nightshade. As you know I was shot but only my physical form died. I am a moon goddess, I will still roam these dreams for years to come." Luna sat down with the filly still clinging on to her.

"W -wait. Dream?" Nightshade asked "You mean I'm asleep?"

"Yes young one. I have become what one may call a spirit. I am goddess after all." Luna gave the filly a gentle smile before continuing. "I see you have become an alicorn."

"Ya. I guess if you know about that you know how I'm supposed to take your place. I'm sorry Luna."

"What for little filly? You have done nothing wrong. They told you I was planning to take you in as my student, correct?" Nightshade nodded her head. "That was true. If you were successful I would have made you my prodige. Once I would have died, whether it was from battle or just age, you would have taken my place. I just never expected it to happen so soon."

"Wait, age? I thought alicorns lived forever!" Nightshade exclaimed.

"Quite a few ponies think that but truth be told we don't. I will admit that we live for a very long time however." Luna stood up letting the small filly tumble down to the ground. "Nightshade, a new prophecy has been told. The stars whisper to me that the Era of Equis shall soon begin. You Nightshade shall spread the light. You are the hope of Equestria now. Take pride in your role and remember that I shall guide you in your dreams. I must go now, take care."

With that Luna began to fade into the blue shades of this dream. "Wait! Luna don't go! I still have so many questions!" Nightshade shouted to the disappearing figure. It was to no use though as Luna still faded until there was nothing left. The world of dreams started to darken and swirl. Nightshade stumbled to the ground before blacking out.

Nightshade awoke with a groan and she stumbled out of her bed. She fell to the cold ground and opened her eyes. As she slowly got up she realized that Luna had just appeared in her dreams. A small smile played on her lips as she walked over to the mirror hanging on the wall. Her hair was a mess and she looked horrible. Nopony could really blame her though, after all she had just woken up. A knock at the door signaled it was time to come out for her breakfast. Nightshade hastily brushed her mane then ran out the door. Today she was going to learn magic.