• Published 1st Apr 2014
  • 2,694 Views, 34 Comments

DiNyx - Telaros



Nyx discovers the truth about Diamond Tiara.

  • ...
24
 34
 2,694

Precursor: Part 1/2

"But, Momma. She was really mean this time!"

"I know, sweetie. But it's not healthy to hold those kinds of feelings inside like that."

"But, i-it's not fair!" she cried, burying her face into Twilight's chest.

"Hate is just not a good thing to store in one's heart, it only makes you grow bitter and cold. Hate spreads, and though small at first, it can fester and latch onto other ponies' hearts. It's like, sharing a cold with one of your little friends, you wouldn't want to spread your cold to your CMC pals now, would you?"

"No. But Diamond Tiara, though... can I get her sick next time?

"No." Twilight deadpanned.

"But, she always picks on me. She hates me. She won't stop calling me Nightmare Moon, either. She says I'm evil. I hate her!"

"That may be so. But in order to break this cycle of hate, Nyx, somepony has to have the strength of heart to know when to let go of that hate. Even if she did hate you—which there's no doubt she certainly knows how to hold a grudge at least—by allowing hateful feelings into your heart, that only makes her hate grow stronger, which will only continue to rob her of her smile."

Twilight embraced her daughter, nuzzling into her mane.

"Nyx. Don't ever let hate steal your smile away."

"You mean, Diamond Tiara wants to steal my smile away?" Nyx backed off from her mother's embrace, unnerved by Twilight's words. Can Diamond Tiara steal smiles?

"-What? No. I mean, yes. Wait, I mean No! Look, sweetie, what I mean is... Hate is a powerful emotion. The word alone can make a normal pony's hairs stand on end. One should never hate. Especially not another pony. All it does is steal a pony's smile."

"Hate...can steal my smile away?"

"Mhm," Twilight nodded, brushing aside a lock of Nyx's matted mane from her tear stained cheeks.

"B-But I like smiling! I don't want to lose my smile! MOMMA, HELP ME!"

"Oh, now. Relax. you're far too good a filly to let that happen. Just know that you can't please everypony, Nyx. But maybe, in time, who knows. Even the worst of enemies can become one of your closest friends someday."

"Yeah right..."

"I'm always right," Twilight retorted.

Nyx spoke no words. None verbally at least. Giving nothing back but a look that seems as if she was trying to recount something.

"Okay, well, most of the time. But I'm right about this! Because MY Mom read it to me in a book once. And, books_ BOOKS NEVER LIE!" Twilight pronounced, striking a dramatic pose.

Nyx chuckled despite herself. She tried to hold it in, but there was no holding the giggles at bay. Giggles that quickly turned into fits of laughter.

"Now THAT'S my girl! Don't you ever lose that smile again." Twilight stood up from the library floor, and leaned in conspiratorially to whisper into her daughter's ear.

"Have I ever told you the story of how Discord and I, became friends?"

"No. Who is Discord?"

"Well, looks like I know what bedtime story I'll be telling tonight then, huh?"

"Was Discord as mean as Diamond Tiara?"

"Was he mean? HA! He was meaner!"

Nyx gasped astonishingly loud at this. Twilight could barely contain a giggle as she watched her daughter stare at her as if she told her she had gotten an A minus on her report card.

"Now I know you're joking. Nopony is meaner than Diamond Tiara!"

"Discord is no pony. He's a draconequus, actually."

"So, Diamond Tiara is the meanest pony in Equestria then?"

Twilight simply rolled her eyes. "Come on, lets go upstairs and get those teeth of yours brushed up. And, if you promise me you'll at least try and smile more, I might just show you Discord's friendship entry in our journal."

Nyx gasped, much to Twilight's amusement as she had to levitate her stiff-as-a-board daughter up the stairs while wondering if all these mental shocks to her system would have any lasting side effects on Nyx's mental health.



~End~

Author's Note:

Basically, this is the prelude to madness. Or, at least a filly who really loves her mom, trying to better herself by overcoming some of the toughest trials in life by overcoming a very powerful emotion that a lot of us face at some point in our lives, something all too easy to embrace and almost impossible to let go once it takes root: Hate.

But with the help of one Twilight Sparkle, Nyx might just find a way to let it all go. Will it last, though? Even I don't know for sure.


Originally, I was going to continue to write this to include Nyx confronting Diamond Tiara. But I'm going to end this chapter here, short I know. But, despite it all, the other half just detracted from the overall mood. Much like this addition does, I needed something that could somehow tie into some of the key moments of the events that happened in OTP that could show a more rational explanation and backdrop as to why Nyx would act the way she did in the main story. To show a less than 'enlightened' Nyx from the first chapter.

Nyx doesn't have it easy in this story, something I'm sure many of you picked up on from the first chapter. This one goes more into the SL portion, showing what life was like before Nyx had her 'epiphany'. Thanks Twilight.

The 1/2 is actually "Half" since it's half of what I was originally going to post. Not a "1 of 2", sorry.

Comments ( 13 )

it's good, though you have some unneeded comma's. Don't be afraid to ask me to pre-read, after all you know how much free time I have.

4672317 sweet. PM me which sections and I'll make sure to fix them and try harder to avoid making more of those mistakes. :heart:

EDIT: Fixed. Thanks again!

4169939

He also tends to get side-tracked with his story plots. His story about Nyx going with Twilight to the Crystal Empire to meet Shining and Cadance ended straying pretty far from the main plotline by the end.

I never figured out what OTP meant. Can someone tell me?

4739654

"OTP" next to something called Sparity, but she cut me off before I could inquire upon the origins of the 'One True Pairing', which seems misleading if one can have more than one.

OTP =/= One True Pairing

It's a thing where where some fans write/read/interpret what they deem to be such a perfect couple that there can be no other individual that could be seen with the other of that pairing. So, essentially OTP would be for some for example something like: Rarijack = Rarity x Applejack

And more commonly and quite fiercely defended amongst their fans, "OctaScratch/VinylTavia" where for them there can never be a Vinyl x anything not Octavia and vice versa.

This sort of pokes fun at the OTP thing. Rather cute imo though, Sweetie Belle is essentially a huge shipper and thinks DiNyx Diamond Tiara x Nyx is a "One True Pairing", with an implied Sparity = Rarity x Spike joke thrown in as being something Sweetie supposedly loves quite a lot.


So, to Nyx's understanding, SHE and DIAMOND TIARA are an OTP. Sweetie Belle is a bad influence on Nyx. :twilightblush:

4739733 Oh, I get it. Thanks. Though DiNyx actually does seem like it would be pretty cute.

4739765 Oh, they totally are!

Just not sure how more I can continue this since I don't like using characters not my own. It was more a silly gift parody for Pen Stroke and just because April Foals Day that day needed something more original than authors swapping accounts. :P

(And because DiNyx is my OTP)

4739837 :rainbowlaugh: I never understood that account swapping thing.

Silly Twilight, you can't state that something freely created by someone is always factual. It could create any number of paradoxes!:twilightoops:

4801480 Twilight learned well at an early age that mothers, and motherly mentor figures, do not lie. To question them, would be questioning their integrity. :trollestia:

Speaking of paradoxes...
i.imgur.com/IhHGZsb.png
Kinda makes your head spin does it not?

4801467 Life's simple truth. To question it is folly.

HorsesPonies...
horsesanddragons.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Horses-Never-Lie.jpg
Never lie, either.

4801716
Nah, it just makes family reunions a bitch to arrange.:rainbowlaugh:

I had once borrowed one of Sweetie Belle's stories; apparently she had quite the infatuation with pairing our classmates with one another;

Shipper Belle :pinkiehappy:

I could feel my cheeks heat up at the thought of Di staring at my flanks.

Chill out, Nyx... There'll be time for that.

5617507 Shipper Belle is best Shipper of Ponies. :rainbowkiss:

Nyx gets easily flustered. It runs in the family. :twilightblush:

You should try writing a DiNyx story. World needs more Shipper Belle. :moustache::unsuresweetie:

Login or register to comment