• Published 1st Apr 2014
  • 962 Views, 10 Comments

MLP Love Chronicles: The Farmer and the Fashionista, Part 1 - DRTaylor



Rarity simply wanted to spend the day with a friend, but things quickly change when Applejack confesses something to Rarity.

  • ...
8
 10
 962

Chapter 2

Rarity groggily awoke as the memories of last night flooded back to her. As she slowly got up, it hit her.

"Yes! Today is the day!" Rarity exclaimed. She remembered Applejack's sincere confession and how she ran out of the barn, back inside her house with tears in her eyes. The sight saddened Rarity immensely, so she attempted to talk to her, but to no avail. So she decided to go home, sleep it off and tell Applejack how she felt in the morning.

Even if I must break down the door, Rarity thought.

"Today is the day I tell Applejack that I..." Rarity began.

"Tell Applejack what?" Sweetiebelle, Rarity's younger sister, asked.

"That I left my favorite scarf at her barn!" She finished. "Oh Sweetie, didn't see you there hehe."

"Ooook. Well anyways I need to get going, Twilight Time and all that just letting you know. Love you bye!" Sweetiebelle said as she hugged her sister.

"Oh of course, how could I forget? Love you too Sweetie, have fun and be safe." Rarity called after her as she ran out the door. Now with some time alone Rarity had to think of how exactly to state her own feelings.

This should be easy, she thought to herself.

Many, many attempts and one fainting couch later...

"This is the Most. Difficult. Thing. Everrrr," Rarity pouted. "Should I be funny, perhaps treat it deadly serious, or even recite poetry. I simply have no idea."

DING DONG!

"Oh, who is it!," Rarity said as she opened the door. However when she saw who was at the door she was left utterly speechless.

"No I thought I'd have more time to prepare, I'm not ready yet. I'm so sorry... Fancy Pants! I haven't finished the dresses yet, but please just a bit more time," Rarity cried.

"Dear, dear it's quite alright. I merely came by to ask for directions to a Golden Oaks Library, it appears that Princess Twilight has need of me. My dresses are not supposed to be ready for at least another week."

"Oh, yes that's right. Well this is more than a bit embarrassing, hehe. I'm sorry for my actions it has just been a very long past couple of days. Anyway, to answer your question Golden Oaks Library is the giant tree down there," Rarity said as she pointed at the library.

"Ah! Thank you very much, dear Rarity. Oh before I go, please don't feel embarrassed. I understand what having a few long days will do to a pony, just try your best to relax. Good day, Miss Rarity," Fancy Pants said with a bow.

"Good day to you as well," she responded with a curtsey. As she shut the door she thought to herself.

Well that was a great start to my day. Anyway, I guess now is a good a time as any to go see Applejack. Oh Celestia, please let her still have feelings for me.

The walk to Sweet Apples Acres was a short but pleasant one, this only made Rarity more nervous as thoughts of rejection filled her mind.

"Now stop that this instant!" Rarity assured herself," Things will work out how they are meant to."

Rarity knocked three times on the door to the house. After a minuet Big Mac opened it and poked out his head,
"Hello Miss Rarity, I didn't think the Pony Tones met until next fall?"

"Oh no they don't, though I expect you to still practice. Today, however, I am here to see Applejack. Is she in?" Rarity asked.

"Eeyep, she's in the South Field, bucking apples." He responded.

"Oh, well thank you dear. I shall see you later, hopefully before the Pony Tones get together. Good day, Big Mac," Rarity said as she walked away.

"G'day, Miss Rarity," He said as he shut the door.

It was just about noon when Rarity laid eyes upon Applejack.

"She's so gorgeous, with her beautiful blond hair, stunning orange coat, cute freckles, and then her flan.... No! Now is not the time to think of such intimate things, if everything goes well that will be a subject for another day." Rarity said aloud. Applejack, to far distracted by work, didn't notice Rarity till she was right on her.

"Hayseeds! What are you doing sneaking up on me like that, Ah coulda bucked you all the way to back to the farmhouse, if you weren't careful, Ra.... Rar......, Rarity! What are you doing here?" Applejack asked frightened.

"Now, now calm down dear. I am merely here to talk to you, if you're not busy that is." Rarity said.

"Look can we please just forget about what Ah sa..." Applejack started.

"No, Applejack we cannot. I wanted to do this somewhere more private but no one is out here anyway. So... about what you told me yesterday, did you mean it?" Rarity sincerely asked.

"Uh....well ya see.....it's..uh...ahh.
Look Rares Ah'm gonna spare both of us from one of my terrible lies and just tell ya the honest to goodness truth. K?"

"I'd expect nothing less from you, Applejack," Rarity said. However truth be told she was very worried on the upcoming answer.

"Truth is.... yea Ah did. But hear me out first before ya go and shun me. Ah might as well give ya the full confession, Ah reckon. So it all started at Twilight's sleepover, cause it's no secret you and me can fight like Celestia and Nightmare Moon. But that night Ah saw another side of ya, and now that Ah've been paying attention, Ah've seen it even more. You can be the most hard headed, prissiest, and down right snootiest pony Ah have ever met." Applejack said.

Rarity was ecstatic to hear Applejack say she really did mean what she said, but she was really hoping AJ was going somewhere with this...soon.

"But ya can also be the most generous, sweetest, kindest, and most beautiful pony in all of Equestria." Applejack confessed with a growing blush, "So now that ya know, Ah'm sure ya probably don't even want to speak to me, but Ah hope ya might find it in ya to forgive me eventually."

Rarity was speechless. No pony had ever said such kind words to her before, and Rarity was deeply moved by Applejack's confession. Tears brimming on her eyes she managed to finally say,
"Applejack, darling, that was the sweetest thing anypony has ever said to me. So allow me to tell you a few things. First, I would never hate you for being you, and it's very common for mares to be with mares. I mean the colt to mare ratio is astounding, to be quite honest. Second, you're right dear, we do fight entirely to often, but that's to be expected, I'm a fashionista and you're a farmer. For all intents and purposes, we shouldn't be friends. But underneath you're uncouth exterior, you are one of the bravest, most honest, nicest, and most beautiful ponies I have ever had the fortune of meeting. So finally, I just want to say five little words: I Love you too, Applejack." Rarity said as she was holding back tears. She really did mean every word she said, but now Applejack would decide how things would go from here.

"Ah....Ah....Ah....Ah'm shocked," Applejack admitted dumbfounded.
"Frankly Ah didn't think a simple farm mare like me would ever get a second glance from a mare like you. Ah felt so lucky just to be friends with ya, and once Ah started feeling this way... Well, Ah thought it'd wreck everything we had. Ah don't know if it'll last but Ah'm just gonna enjoy this now, so Rarity will ya be my very special somepony?" Applejack asked.

Rarity couldn't believe it, she had hoped that this would happen, but to actually witness it was a whole different thing.

"Why YES, darling! Yes I'll be your very special somepony," Rarity responded as she openly started crying. Rarity in a moment of passion charged towards Applejack knocking her down in a loving embrace at the base of the trunk of a tree. Then overcome with emotions, Rarity wept into Applejack's shoulder.

"Aw shucks, sugarcube, your gonna make me start bawling," Applejack laughed as she wiped tears from her own eyes. As Rarity calmed down, she slowly lifted her head to look at Applejack.
"'Sides Ah can't stand to see that gorgeous face of yours upset." Applejack said as she wiped the tears off Rarity's face as well.

Rarity couldn't help but be blown away at how beautiful Applejack looked, under the golden light of the sun poking through the tree leaves. Rarity gave a soft smile as she leaned as well.
"I love you darling," said Rarity as their faces grew closer.

"Ah love ya too, sugarcube," Applejack said as she closed the rest of the distance, connecting their lips. The kiss was not a short one, not was it full of lust, it was a kiss of pure, sweet, and innocent love. After a minuet they both broke away for air, and Rarity laid her head on AJ's shoulder, as Celestia's golden sun shone overhead. The two mares had never been happier.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading, guys!
Please leave comments and
suggestions to help me
improve. Also I could really
use an editor so if you are
interested please let me know.
Bye and thanks for reading!

Comments ( 6 )

Few things i can get over. Keep writing.

Thank you all, so much! I will get to work on shaping up this story and then I'm off to writing the full thing. But your suggestions are great and I sincerely thank you for helping me. :-)

This is... Oh, my...
~Twi

To Leafall: Thanks so much for the support and help, it truly means a lot. I appreciate what you've done and would love for you to send those corrections. Just send me a private message!

I'm not really into shippings but bravo bravo (clapping hooves) I approve of this fanfic:pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment