• Published 4th Apr 2014
  • 1,041 Views, 6 Comments

Ghosts of Equestria's Past - Krazy Stargazer



Human's are creatures of myth and legend. But what if they weren't just myth and legend.

  • ...
5
 6
 1,041

In a hurry! Make Way!

The trip to Ponyville from Canterlot usually takes one to two hours at most. Usually I use the time to catch up on a few Z's but not this time. My mind was a virtual storm of questions. Of course they were all about Twilight's urgent request for me to return to Ponyville. I was due to come back in a week, what was so urgent that she needed her right now? What ever it was Lycra doubted it was simply because she missed her. No, what ever Twilight needed was urgent, and that was enough to make Lara nervous.

By the time she was in Ponyville Lycra was a mess. Her hair was unruly and she was glittering from nerves. She stepped out of the train onto the platform. Suddenly she saw Twilight Sparkle. Depending with the pleasantries she cut straight to the point.

"Lyra! There you are come on theirs not a moment to lose!" the Alicorn said urgently. Before Lyra could even so much as a word Twilight grabbed her by her hoof and practically began dragging her. They ran at top speed to the library. Lyra was now deeply concerned she had only seen Twilight like this a number of times, never for anything good. Then again maybe Twilight was over reacting to something? Although she would never say it to her face the purple pony did have a tendency to blow things out of proportion. Yet, the look on Twilight's face made that particular explanation unlikely.

They continued running as if there very lives depended on it. Lyra could only let out the occasional 'sorry', 'pardon us' or 'gang way, make way'. Twilight didn't even bother making excuses and never did her expression of determination falter. Finally they mad it to the tree house completely exhausted, and Lyra was ready for some answers. Lyra reached her hoof to the door, but then Twilight stopped her, with a slightly grim look.

"Look Lyra what your about to see...you have to Pinkie Promise by the princes and by our friendship you won't tell anyone about" said Twilight "Do you promise?". This was perhaps the greatest oath Esther pony could come up with, for Twilight to have incurred such an oath must have meant something really important was behind those doors. Possibly the Whole fate of Equestria itself rested on what behind those doors. Was Lyra ready for that? To beer that sort of responsibility?

"...sigh I have no idea what's going on but it clearly means a lot to you so I promise. But...am I the right pony for...whatever is behind those doors?". Lyra asked nervously. What if she couldn't do what Twilight needed? What if Celestia forbid, she failed and Twilight hated her for it? She was after all one of Lyra's best friends. Twilight looked at Lyra for a second her expression softening.

"I have full confidence in you Lyra" the princess said gently hugging the mint green mare. Somehow that was enough to calm Lyra's nerves.

""Ok lets do this" Lyra said confidently pushing the doors open. She didn't know it at the time but her fate, and that of Equestria's was about to change forever.

Author's Note:

Yep i'm leaving you guys with a clif hanger for now :)
I didn't wan't to ruin the rugency of the chapter with the big reveal just yet...

Next Chapter-The Impossible Creature

Comments ( 4 )

It's a bit short for a chapter and doesn't really have anything in it.

I would have plastered this onto the end of the first chapter, and then moved onto the next part.

A few issues with spelling, but nothing major. Keep it up, I can't wait to see how this goes!

Explitive delete your cliff hanger.

There are alot of typos and other small errors. You really need a proofreader.

4302087 your pic explains what I feel

Login or register to comment