• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 379 Views, 10 Comments

Insomniac - dedaccount



Strange things happen when you don't go to sleep. Soon Twilight and her friends will find out exactly what this means.

  • ...
12
 10
 379

Chapter 3

It was an ordinary day of resorting at the library for Twilight Sparkle. She was in the zone. Besides magic, this was her element. A single row of books was flying in front of her, allowing her to see what books to put where and what books she wanted to read again. She was so focused on her work that she couldn't hear knocking at her door. "Twilight! We need you out here now!" The shouting broke her focus and all the books dropped to the floor. She muttered under her breath. "Coming!" She replied. She carefully maneuvered around the mess of literature until she got to the door. She opened it to reveal a familiar cyan pegasus staring at her impatiently. "What is it Rainbow?" She asked annoyed "Can't you see that I'm kind of busy?"
""Forget your stupid books we have more important stuff to attend to. Zecora said she found something pretty bad at the edge of the Everfree."
"Whatever it is I'm sure it can wait. There's tons of bad stuff in that forest."
"I'm sure it's pretty bad if it was enough to get Zecora to stop rhyming."
"What?"
"She kept going on about a demon in the forest. I don't know anymore than that, but she's at Rarity's boutique with the others. Let's go!" At the the two ponies set off together.


Rarity was sitting in the parlor of Carousel Boutique holding the hoof of Zecora, trying to calm her down. "Zecora it's all right. Nothing is going to hurt you."
"It's coming it's coming it's coming," the zebra had been rambling on about something she saw in the forest. What ever it was had messed her up pretty badly. The door to the parlor. opened to reveal Twilight and Rainbow Dash. "What's going on?" Twilight asked.
"I don't know. I found her in town like this." Rarity replied.

Twilight walked over to Zecora. In a soft voice she asked, "Hey, what happened?"

"It's coming for us. It won't stop. It hides in the woods."

'What's hiding?" Zecora looked at Twilight.

"I will show you." She got up and headed for the door.


They had been walking around the edge of the Everfree for about an hour now and Twilight was seriously beginning to wonder if her friend had gone crazy. "Zecora. Where are you taking us?" She asked.
"We are almost there." Twilight sighed and continued walking.

Twilight then began to notice a smell. It was dull at first, but then it grew more potent the further they got. Zecora stopped walking. "There," she said. "Just beyond the trees."
"Are you coming with us?" Twilight asked. Zecora shook her head. "Alright." She said with confidence. "Let's go girls." She pushed through the brush.

The smell hit her like a train. It was an awful smell. Like rotten eggs stewing in a skunks den. What made the smell was even worse. Dried blood covered the rocks and tress. Bones littered the ground. But the worst part was in the trees. Three ponies, hung by nooses in the branches. Their bottom halves were missing. Their eyes, hollow sockets. Skin was decaying to reveal paper-white bone. And they were each a different kind of pony. One pegasus, one unicorn, and one earth pony. Twilight heard something make a thumping noise behind her. She turned to see that Fluttershy had fainted and the others looked as if they would do the same. "W-what happened here?" Rainbow Dash asked. "Who would do this?" In all of their adventures they had never seen anything like this.

Twilight gathered her wits and cleared her throat. "Girls." They looked at her. "We have to find out who did this. Rainbow, Applejack." The two snapped to attention. "You go get the gaurd. Pinkie, Rarity. You two take Fluttershy and Zecora back to Carousel Boutique. I'm going to write to Celestia to see if she has any Idea of what's going on. Let's go!" With that the party set off. Not knowing the danger that they were facing.

Comments ( 3 )

lazily written.......

also fuxcking magic dude. and flight.......... and super strength.

Don't they know how to survive a horror film? Never go into the dark and creepy woods.

Login or register to comment