• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 379 Views, 10 Comments

Insomniac - dedaccount



Strange things happen when you don't go to sleep. Soon Twilight and her friends will find out exactly what this means.

  • ...
12
 10
 379

Chapter 2

He had just finished eating, and he was ready for another day of watching. He had no idea how he got here but he was doing just fine. He was a little shocked to find out the inhabitants of these parts were horses and that some could fly and some could do magic and that they could all talk. But, food was food. He had been living off of small forest animals until he found his first proper meal. It was no fun if the things you ate didn't scream with a look of terror in their eyes. That's what gave it flavor. He set out his tools in front of him and pondered what his name was. He had long since forgotten and made a game of guessing what it was. Alan, Richard, Mark? None of them rang a bell. He then tried to remember the last time he slept. Two weeks ago? A month? He didn't care. The longer he stayed up the more fun he could have.

He observed his tools in front of him. A machete (he thought it rather cliche but it worked), a button knife, a filet knife, a carving knife, a potatoe peeler, and a twelve gauge shotgun with twenty shells (just in case). Over in his duffel bag were more tools. A sledge hammer, a railroad spike, a normal hammer, a box of nails, and a branding iron with the letter X as the design. He only played with his food if he saw it fit. Usually if they squirmed or tried to get away from him is when he would do it.

He never discriminated his food. Young or old, sick or healthy. It didn't matter. Just because they thought they were special in any way, they thought they had the right to escape darkness. He showed them that they were very wrong. When he was done cleaning his tools he decided to go say hello to his new friends.

"Hello Sandy." He said to a light brown pony, who was the previous owner of a hour glass tattoo on his flank. "hello Bubbles."
He said to a grey pegasus that had, well, bubbles. "And hello to you Harpy." He said to his newest friend. They gave him the usual slack-jawed, half-lidded eye response. "Lovely weather we're having this morning." No response. He sighed. He would half to get more friends soon. He was running out of rope. He was always with his friends though. He observed the colorful tattoos at his belt. He could only guess that they were a sort of brand. Things to depict what the pony did in life. The only one he could understand out of the three was Harpy's. She obviously was in the music industry. The other two just didn't make sense. He would also have to leave soon or the others might find him. Police always spoiled the fun. He frowned at the thought. He had been captured before by a town sheriff. What was his name? Simmons. That was it. It was pure luck that the sheriff hit a pothole and lost control of the cruiser or he might have not escaped.

He sighed again. He hadn't been noticed yet but the time would come. That is when he would have to move almost every night. But he was used to it. He hadn't learned much about this new source, but he didn't trust their ability to fly and do magic. He would have to find away around this. He picked up a set of binoculars and headed for town.