• Published 27th Mar 2014
  • 1,411 Views, 174 Comments

Dangan RomPonya - Serenade-Stereo



When Serenade Stereo enters a new high school after being accepted for his talent. He expects the usual. Classes, teachers etc. But this strange school 'Hope's Peak' is much more than meets the eye with it's 'Super High Schoo

  • ...
17
 174
 1,411

PreviousChapters Next
Day 11: Chapter 2

Author's Note:

WARNING!! Spoilers of the first game in this, if you haven't played the first game yet, it is recommended that you do so first!

"N...no..."

Upupupu...! Didn't see this coming, did'ya?

"Shut up! You shouldn't be joking about-"

Being the Mastermind? Oh, Serenade...what was it you said before? 'Wake up and smell reality'? Well, practice what you preach music man!

"But...I've-"

Let down your guard in here...so in the night, I was always able to escape. I went up to that headmasters office. Programming Monokuma is easy, I make sure to tell what to say and by the next day, the motives are there for you all...

"...Listen, Shadow...I don't know what you're trying to pull here. But I know that Junko Enoshima is the mastermind, not you!"

And where is the evidence of Junko even existing?

"But, Monokuma-"

Said that the MASTERMIND was among you, which I am. He never said Junko was...you must be feeling so much despair right now...I'm a little jealous!

"Jealous? Of despair?"

Didn't I already mention my motives for trapping everyone? I wanted despair, that's what I'm getting right now. Up until now it's been my despair versus your hope...but now, I win! Hahahahaha!

"Shut up!"

You know though...there is one way for you to end this game...

"Yeah, release you, you already told me..."

Or...you could use what's the sound hole of the guitar...go on...check... Serenade got up and reached inside the guitar, feeling around the empty space for a little bit before making contact with something small. He pulled it out to see a small container. It's cyanide....you can use that, leave the game and everyone walks free. What do you say?

"....why would you tell me about this? Your game would be over"

Yes...that's true, but death is the most despair inducing incident in life. To feel that kind of despair! Oh I would just die in more ways than one!

"Forget about it!" Serenade put the bottle back in. "You're probably just lying about this. You just want me to commit suicide!"

Still don't believe me...? Alrighty then! Have it your way...but just remember...nobody can escape their fate... The voice faded away.

"Celestia dammit..."

*Bzzt!*

"...ugh, who could that possibly be...?" Serenade reluctantly opened to the door.

"Serenade. We need to talk." Beau said accompanied by Nimbus, Grimdark and Samurai.

"What's...going on...?"

"Just come with us!" Nimbus commanded.

"It's about the mastermind! It's really important!" Samurai tells him.

"T-the, uh...the Mastermind...? S-shame we have no way of knowing who it is..."

"Wrong. We think we might have just found something that could lead us to them..." Grimdark contradicts him.

"You...have?" Serenade gulped.

"C'mon!" Beau yells at him.

"A-alright..." Serenade closed his door and followed them to the cafeteria where Olive, B and Hammer were already waiting.

"So what's this evidence you found?" Olive asked.

"Alright. Everyone sit here at the centre table, I want everyone to see it..." Beau pulls out a recording device. "I managed to get something from behind the headmaster's office. I managed to slip this through the crack on the bottom of the door.."

"Ah...it's so fun to see this, their despair growing inside them as the days go on. I wonder how long it will take for one of them to go insane...doesn't matter, at this point. Nothing can go wrong, after all the previous failed attempts. This time...this time, Junko...you will succeed!

"J...Junko?" B repeated.

"But...none of us are named Junko here..." Olive points out.

"True, but this proves my theory even further...I thought from the beginning that Junko was behind this, she's one of us remember?"

"Well..." Hammer says. "What is 'she' if only pretending to be a girl...? What if they did see the recorder and used a fake voice to trick us...?"

"He's...he's got a point" B says.

"B-but! It has to be Junko! The only others I shared my theory with were Nimbus, who was with Orion at the time I recorded this and...Serenade..."

Oh shit

"Serenade...?" Olive looked at him.

"H-hey, c'mon, I'm not the mastermind!"

"With that high-pitched, feminine voice. It wouldn't be hard for you to create a fake female voice..." Grimdark says.

"W-w-well...yeah, but, that doesn't mean I'm the mastermind! What Hammer said is only a theory!"

"it's true, it's not definite...even I'll admit that..."

"Yeah! Serenade isn't the mastermind!" Samurai said.

"I agree!" B backs him up.

"Thanks you two..."

"Hmm...well I guess this evidence is questionable at best now..." Beau says disappointed.

"Terrible shame as well. That could have been very helpful to us" Orion said.

"I know! So now what...? How are we supposed to figure out who it is?!"

"Luck" Serenade says. "If we get lucky...that's the only way, right? No other way..."

"So you want us to take a gamble?!" Olive yelled. "That's insane!"

"I know, I know, but does anyone have any other option?" Everyone went quiet. "See...? Our only hope is that the victim tomorrow really is the mastermind..."

"Wow...someone became a real downer..." Grimdark said.

"Hai! This is a one-eighty for your personality" Nimbus comments. Serenade gave a shrug, there was no point in trying to say otherwise, this place had the ability to make people murderers, it isn't a stretch to make someone have a different personality.

"Serenade has a...different...personality...?" Olive repeated.

"Well...that's how he's acting" Beau says.

"Acting...?" Olive's eyes widened. "Serenade...are you really...?"

"I am...don't worry" Serenade knew what she was talking about, after the third class trial and revealing it to her.

"What is it?" Beau asked.

"It's private, between Olive and I..."

"Private? How private?" Orion asked.

"Very private....." Olive answered.

"But....honestly...let's just hope for the best tomorrow..." Serenade said nothing more than that before getting up and leaving, at the same time.

*Ding dong, bing bong!*

"Ahem! This is a school announcement!"

"It is now officially 10pm and is now Night-Time, as of such, the cafeteria doors shall be locked and entry to certain areas will be strictly prohibited...have a good night!" Serenade mumbled along to the same song and dance announcement as he entered his room.

Upupupu...good to know you've memorized it, you really enjoy my work!

"Shut up, Shadow..." Serenade laid on his bed.

Hehehe! I'm gonna love tomorrow's class trial, won't you? It will be so despair filling since I already have my money on who it'll be...

"And that would be...?"

That...is for me to know, Mr Stereo...and you to find out...

PreviousChapters Next