• Published 27th Mar 2014
  • 1,407 Views, 174 Comments

Dangan RomPonya - Serenade-Stereo



When Serenade Stereo enters a new high school after being accepted for his talent. He expects the usual. Classes, teachers etc. But this strange school 'Hope's Peak' is much more than meets the eye with it's 'Super High Schoo

  • ...
17
 174
 1,407

PreviousChapters Next
Class Trial 4: Chapter 3

Serenade stayed quiet for a few seconds. "It was you, wasn't it? Punch?"

"W-what the fu-?"

"Correct" Beau interrupts.

"What the FUCK are you saying?!" Punch growled. "I get it, just cause I hate Hammer means that I killed the DigiBot, IS THAT IT?!!!"

"Wait...you hate me?"

"Shut the FUCK up Hammer!" Hammer whimpered in response.

"P-P-P-Punch wouldn't really...w-would she?" B stuttered out.

"C'mon, B, back me up here!"

"I'm s-s-s-sorry!" She cried out. "I don't know how!"

"Ugh...."

"But...I was with Punch on the fourth floor when the murder occurred...remember?" Samurai spoke up.

"Exactly! How the fuck could I kill the DigiBot with Samurai seeing me at that time?!"

"Well...you were the last on in the mechanics room before the body showed up" Nimbus said.

"And it was at 6:55, which was around the time of the murder..." Orion adds.

"Plus you do have the strength to carry the DigiBot very easily" Grimdark smirks.

"Er...w-well..." Punch said. "I still say that I ain't the culprit!"

Non-Stop Debate

Evidence Bullets

-Punch's Testimony

-Dirt

-Contraption

-Two Hammers

Punch- You guys have got it wrong this time. I'm not the culprit! If you vote for me...we all die!

Grimdark- What about evidence? Do you have evidence to say that you aren't the culprit?

Punch- Well...I guess not...

Orion- And you want us to believe that you are innocent to the crime?

Punch- W-well...I couldn't move freely about the school at night!

You got that wrong!

"Punch...you proved it yourself that you were capable of moving freely about the school. You told me that during your 'morning routine' which at this point we can only assume means, 'transporting the robot', you said you saw nobody else"

"Er...well, yeah, I didn't..."

"Wow...you just love digging graves for yourself, don't you?" Grimdark said.

"S-shut up! I ain't the culprit! Why would I want to destroy that robot anyway?"

"You just said the answer to that yourself a few minutes ago..."

Of course!

"You said you hated Hammer, I'd say that's motive enough!"

"Guys, I'm standing right here..." Hammer said with hurt pride.

"What the FUCK did I tell you?!!"

"Serenade...you can't prove she's the culprit, at least not the way you're doing it..." Beau tells him.

"Huh?"

"You need to prove she's something else which in turn would prove that she's the culprit..."

"...let me give it a few more attempts...."

"I won't stop you, I'm just saying though..."

Alright Punch....round two...

Non-Stop Debate

Evidence Bullets

-Dirt

-Contraption

-Secret Compartment

-Two Hammers

-Head Wound

Nimbus- Why don't we talk about the murder weapon? It was disposed of with the incinerator...

Hammer- Because it might have had something incriminating on it

Nimbus- That was the conclusion we came to prior to this...

Orion- For Punch...would a Liquid be incriminating... or would a substance prove to be more of a threat

Agreed!

"Right, the substance was dirt and remember back in the last class trial. Where was Punch?"

"She was in the garden" Samurai answers.

"Exactly, for some reason, Punch had an attachment to the garden, meaning that she would dirt on her and possibly, dirt of the hammer!"

Can't let you continue!

Everyone looked at Hammer. "Hell no! You want to say that there was dirt on the murder weapon? Well prove it!"

"H-Hammer?"

"Prove it! Prove it, prove it, prove it! You just LOVE evidence so show us the evidence that Punch had dirst on her at the moment of the murder!"

Why is he getting so worked up?

Cross-Swords

Evidence Blades

-Two Hammers

-Dirt

-Punch's Testimony

Hammer- You may keep making up these little theories of yours but you still haven't shown definitive proof of Punch's guilt! Dirt? That's what you're going with? That's really pathetic!

Serenade- What's so pathetic about it? Punch loves that garden, it would be natural for her to have dirt on her!

Hammer- Oh yeah? Well, how about proof that there was dirt on the murder weapon? Can you prove that because I don't think you can!

I'll cut that claim into pieces!

"Actually all we have to do is examine those other hammers, if there's dirt present on those, then there is most likely dirt on the murder weapon as well!"

"Urk! W-well..."

"Actually...I was wondering what that was..." Samurai says.

"What?" Olive said.

"When I looked at those hammers...there was some brown powder-ish stuff on the handles...I guess it was dirt..."

"Well, Punch? What now?!" Serenade points at the red earth pony.

"Shut up! For all you know...it could be dirt from Olive!"

"Hey! I'm wearing Lock's shoes still! I don't have any dirt on me!" Olive yelled, defending herself.

"Prove it!"

"Search me! I haven't got any dirt on me!"

"...Celestia...dammit...but that doesn't mean the dirt was from me! It's pretty dirty in the mechanics room! Anyone that went in there could have gotten dirt on them!"

"Well...yeah, but-"

"So you admit it!" Punch smirked "I'm not the culprit!"

"I didn't say that!" Serenade said back.

"Serenade" Beau says. "If Punch really is the culprit...we also need to question her credibility..."

"Credibility?"

"What the hell are you talking about you little-"

"Quiet" Beau cut her off.

"So you mean...something Punch showed or said that would be questionable at this point?"

"Yes...anything come to mind?"

Well...there is one thing...

Of course!

"There's the video of the contraption that she showed us"

"Right...but did anyone here actually see the switch that was used to activate it?" There was a silence to answer her question. "Interesting...for all we know, the switch might not even be from the mechanics room"

"G-grr..." Punch growled again.

"Even with that though...we still can't prove that Punch is the culprit" Beau says to the contrary. "Everything we've just show...is circumstantial"

"How so?" Olive asked.

"Well, the dirt is only IF Punch went to the garden in the last day or so. The switch could just be a case of 'we didn't notice it' and a motive for hatred would be more likely for her to kill Hammer..."

"Beau...Beau's right..." Serenade admits.

"Exactly...so you need to prove she's something else that would link her to the DigiBot..."

"Something that would link her to the DigiBot?"

Of course!

"You mean...prove that she's the thief?"

"Yes"

"Pfft!" Punch smirked. "Good luck with that cause I ain't the thief either!"

"It's actually a lot simpler to prove she is...she just had to have known something that she shouldn't have at some point..." Beau says.

"So...somewhere she slipped up..." Olive says.

"D-d-did she slip up at any po-point?" B asked.

"...why don't we listen to what Punch said when we were being told about the robot?" Serenade suggests.

"...yes, that seems acceptable" Beau agrees. "So, Punch, if you aren't the culprit, repeat what you said this morning"

"...you're lucky that I have a good memory..."

Non-Stop Debate

Evidence Bullets

-Monokuma File 4

Punch- What I said this morning was...well, it right after I challenged Grimdark to fight me...then I said something like...'You can't be serious! It's a dumb robot! Why should it count as a victim?!'

Samurai- She did say something along the lines of that...but I don't see the point

B- W-w-was there a problem in that?

Something that Punch said that Punch shouldn't have known....I wonder...

Punch- What I said this morning was...well, it was right after I challenged Grimdark to fight me...then I said something like...'You can't be serious! It's a dumb robot!

You got that wrong!

"...Now I see what Beau was talking about...Punch, how did you know that the machine Monokuma was talking about was a robot?!"

"H-huh?"

"Nobody had labelled the machine that Hammer made as a 'robot' except you! And that was before we found the body!"

"W-wha?! But I!"

"Punch it was you wasn't it? Confess already!"

"No way! It wasn't me!" She was starting to sound desperate for her voice to be heard.

Dammit Punch...why did it have to be you of all people...?

"Serenade...you know that you'll have to finish this off, right?" Beau says.

"...I...I know..." He replied weakly. Since Punch is the killer, a few things in my theories will be off but it shouldn't be a problem...I already have a clear vision on how the crime went down...the only obstacle left in my way are...my emotions...

PreviousChapters Next