• Published 27th Mar 2014
  • 1,407 Views, 174 Comments

Dangan RomPonya - Serenade-Stereo



When Serenade Stereo enters a new high school after being accepted for his talent. He expects the usual. Classes, teachers etc. But this strange school 'Hope's Peak' is much more than meets the eye with it's 'Super High Schoo

  • ...
17
 174
 1,407

PreviousChapters Next
Final Class Trial: Chapter 1

They all took their places in the class trial room. Serenade looked to his right and left to see Samurai's portrait and Nimbus's portrait, Nimbus having his special cross as a shuriken.

"Alright, now I will begin with a simple explanation of this specific class trial."

"What do you mean? 'This specific class trial'?" Grimdark asked.

"What I mean is, is that this, being the last trial will have some special rules added to it! First of all, it is still a majority vote system but instead of just voting for the culprit, afterwards, you vote for something very special indeed! But that's a bridge we can come to later, for now, you gotta figure out whodunit and decide on the culprit, so get to it! And don't forget your friendly neighbourhood Monokuma File!"

New Ammo: Monokuma File 1 was loaded into Serenade's ElectroID

"Alright, do we remember where we started off last time?" Digital asked right away.

"Hold on." Beau stopped him. "I think we should go through the last few debates since Grimdark wasn't here for those, he'll have no real information on the case if we don't."

"You sure...? Well, I guess we can start with the murder weapon..." Olive said.

Non-Stop Debate

Evidence Bullets

-Spears

-Knife and other hidden weapons

-Bloody Posters

Serenade- Last time, we established that the knife was the murder weapon...

Olive- Right, because the cause of death...was a stab wound to the back...

Orion- And since it was to the back...we believe that it couldn't be the spears.

Grimdark- And where did this happen again? Gold's room?

B- Actually, It was the hallway

You got that wrong!

Everyone looked at Serenade in surprise. "Yes, at the time we thought that the hallway was the murder scene...but I'm starting to think of the possibility of it being in Gold's room..."

"What are you talking about?" Beau asked. "There was no blood in Gold's room, how could it be the murder scene?"

"No blood? I find that hard to believe, right Grimdark?"

"Huh?" Grimdark thought for a second. "You talking 'bout the poster?"

"Poster?" B repeated.

"Right, Grimdark found a poster with blood on it under the bed in Gold's room, it was a projection so it was certainly there during the murder...I could see that as a way of keeping blood off of the floor..." Digital said. "But, I still clearly remember seeing him in the hallway, how do you explain that?"

True...Digital does remember seeing Gold in the hallway but he never told us what time it was...

"When did you see Gold?"

"Hmm? When? Not sure, there were no clocks around..."

"Why did you ask that?" Orion looked curiously at Serenade.

"I was just thinking...what if Gold went into his room when Digital saw him?"

"Gold went into his room?" Digital raised an eyebrow. "Even so, that doesn't change the fact that I went into Tickery's room, got the knife and stabbed Gold with it..."

"But you don't remember grabbing the knife or actually killing him, right?" Olive asked.

"That's right, I don't."

"So everything you did was based on the assumption that you put the knife in Gold's back?" Beau asked.

"Yes. That's correct..."

"Hmm...maybe we should go through what Digital actually remembers, that could help us in this..." Beau suggests.

"Of course, I don't mind..."

Non-Stop Debate

Evidence Bullets

-Knife and other hidden weapons

-Tickery's Testimony

-Digital's Testimony

-Spears

Digital- I clearly remember searching for Gold when he disappeared, I went down the dormitory hallway...and I saw Gold walking towards me. I ran into Tickery's and grabbed the knife, though doing that? I don't really remember as for actually killing Gold...but I know that it was me...

B- Did you see Tickery before that?

Digital- No, that was the first time I ran into Tickery

You got that wrong!

"Digital...I think you're memories are still a little bit shaken because I remember Tickery telling me that you had ran into her before that."

"I...I did...?" Digital raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, Tickery told me she ran into you and a number of others. I think somebody might have been messing with your memories, Digital!"

"W-what? W-who would even dare...?"

Someone that has the ability to mess up our memories...that must be...
Of course!

"Obviously, the mastermind messed with your memories, that's the only explanation!"

"The only explanation? Are you sure about that?" Beau interrupted.

"What do you mean?" Serenade asked her.

"Well, remember what Digital used on Tickery? It was a hypnosis chip, whilst in that state, anybody could have altered Digital's memories. Obviously assuming that Digital was in that state at some point..."

"No, that's not possible..."

"It isn't?" B tilted her head. "It seems fine to me..."

"But the problem is the hypnosis chip itself, remember who it belonged to...?"
Of course!
"It was Digital's weapon."

"Are you sure about that?" Orion asked.

"What?"

"Think about that fact a little closer and you may see what I mean...you believe Mr Code's weapon was a hypnosis chip...but for what reason?"

"R-reason...?"

"Because last time I checked...Mr Code does not have anything for the hypnosis chip to work on..." Everyone went silent.

"T-that..." Digital started. "Alright then, who does the hypnosis chip belong to?! Can you answer that, Orion?!"

"I do not see why you are getting so angry about it..." Orion said calmly. "It is quite obvious who the hypnosis chip belonged to, is it not?"

Obvious who it belonged to...? Is she talking about...?
It could only be you!

"Orion...you can't possibly be talking about Gold can you...?"

"G-Gold?!" Olive repeated. "What are you saying?! Gold had the hypnosis chip?!"

"Actually..." Beau interjects. "That makes some sense...thinking about it, Gold had the handheld, right? He had something it would function in as we all saw from Hammer's demonstration on Moonlight during the original trial, since that WAS where the hypnosis chip, Gold having it as his weapon would make sense." She concluded.

"Glad to see that Ms Love and I had the same logic in this." Orion smiled.

"B-but, if Gold had it all along...why was in his handheld? Digital took it out of his possession when he was dead, right? So why did Gold have the hypnosis chip in there in the first place?!" Olive asked.

Gold had the hypnosis chip in the handheld for some reason...and that reason is...
That's it!

"He...he must have been planning to kill someone!"

"W-what?!" B yelped. "Gold was going to kill someone?!"

"Yes, and I have a sneaky suspicion on who it was..."

"The mastermind, right?" Grimdark asked.

"Yes, it only makes sense, right? Gold tries to kill the mastermind, the mastermind retaliates and then pins it on Digital, wouldn't that make the most sense?"

"It would...but I still say I killed Gold..." Digital shook his head.

"But we just started and already we learned a lot that we didn't know!" Olive told him.

"But we don't know if those are actual facts, right?" B said. "I mean, just because the hypnosis chip was Gold's why does that mean he was planning to kill someone? And how do we know that, that is his weapon anyway?"

That's a rather easy question...
That's it!
"The only other weapon in his room...was a knife...but that belonged to Tickery, right? So we can exclude that from being Gold's weapon and that only really leaves..."

"The hypnosis chip." Beau finishes.

"Right, so with this logic...doesn't it make sense that he was planning to kill someone?"

"I dunno...I'm still not convinced..." Olive says.

Then I guess there's only one way to settle this...

Non-Stop Debate

Evidence Bullets

-Hypnosis Chip

-Gold's Shower

-Knife and other hidden weapons

-Spears

Olive- Can we still really say that Gold was going to try and kill someone? With hypnosis nonetheless?

Beau- Why does that sound so hard to believe?

Olive- Because we can't prove that it was his weapon...

Grimdark- Is there anything else you had in mind? Remember, that knife belonged to Tickery.

Olive- I know that! I'm saying it because...the spears could have been his weapon...

You got that wrong!

"No, the spears aren't Gold's weapon at all."

"Wh-what do you mean?"

"The spears weren't anybody's weapon, they were from the weapons museum, remember?"

"Huh...? Oh! Yeah...I forgot about that..." Olive gave a sheepish smile.

"How could you just forget that?!" Digital asked.

"I dunno...I'm sure I could have told you the whole events of that murder yesterday...so why am I...?"

"We should leave that as it is, I don't think it matters." B interrupts. "Honestly, does anyone have evidence that could help us figure out who the culprit is yet?"

"Well...Gold tried to kill the mastermind, who retaliated and killed Gold, then framed Digital for it." Beau says. "But, used the handheld to make Digital THINK he did it. Does that sound right?"

"I'm not sure..." Grimdark said. "I mean...are we sure that Digital didn't kill Gold? Don't get me wrong, I want to get out of this shit hole as much as the next guy...but I still have my doubts..."

"Understandable...." Digital says. "I mean, you weren't here for the first class trial...unless he was disguised as another?"

"No, he's a separate student..." Serenade confirms.

"Alright..."

Grimdark may have his doubts...but I have to clear his head of those doubts...

Non-Stop Debate

Evidence Bullets

-Digital's Testimony

-Monokuma File 1

-Broken Disk

-Hypnosis Chip

-Gold's Shower

Grimdark- How are we so sure that Digital didn't kill Gold? I mean, there are a lot of holes in this...

Orion- I do not understand what you mean exactly.

Grimdark- Well, in my opinion...even if he didn't want to...Digital killed Gold...

Agreed!

PreviousChapters Next