• Published 27th Mar 2014
  • 1,406 Views, 174 Comments

Dangan RomPonya - Serenade-Stereo



When Serenade Stereo enters a new high school after being accepted for his talent. He expects the usual. Classes, teachers etc. But this strange school 'Hope's Peak' is much more than meets the eye with it's 'Super High Schoo

  • ...
17
 174
 1,406

PreviousChapters Next
Day 10: Chapter 1

Author's Note:

WARNING!! There are spoilers to the first game in this chapter! If you haven't played the first game, it is recommended that you do so first.

Day 10: The fifth floor...

This day, Serenade just ignored the morning announcement. He couldn't be bothered anymore, not after last night, Punch's final words, Beau's comments. What Serenade had said himself to Beau...at this point, he didn't even know if it was out of rage or if he really meant it...didn't matter. He was still pissed.

*Ding dong!*

Damn doorbell...Serenade sighed as he got up and opened the door. It was B...someone he liked at least. If it was Grimdark or, curse the thought of it being Beau, he would have slammed the door shut.

"H-h-hey..." She greeted. "Everyone is w-wondering where you are...s-s-sorry, I should rephrase...w-w-we were wondering what w-was taking so long..."

"....I'm not leaving my room today..."

"Huh...?"

"I just...don't think I can leave my room right now..."

"B-because of the tr-trial?"

"Yeah...and Beau, she's such a bitch. She has no respect for anyone else in this place, dead or alive. I wosh she would just DROP DEAD!!!"

"Hueh!!!" B stumbled back from Serenade's outburst.

"Sorry..."

"I-I-I-I-it's fine...b-b-but...maybe you should co-come and investigate the fi-fifth floor...?"

"Oh right...that'll be opened up now...great to know that the death of our friends are getting us places like pools and science labs..."

"S-Serenade...w-why are you only fe-feeling this way now?"

"...I dunno..." Now that she's pointed it out...I never felt like this with the others...is it because Punch was more of a friend to me than the others?

"I wonder why..." B said. Serenade raised an eyebrow.

"B...you seem...off today...."

"I don't know what you mean"

"Well you just said something that wasn't a medical examination without stuttering"

"W-w-what are you t-talking about?"

"...B. Have you been faking your stutter all this time?"

"..." B sighed. "Yeah...well not the entire time..."

"When did it stop?"

"Just before Beau started talking about the Mastermind...I thought if I mentioned my stutter was gone. She'd label me as suspicious"

Makes sense...

"...give me a minute, I'll meet everyone on the fifth floor"

"Alright...I'll see you there..." He closed his door and sat on his bed.

"...I did not put my pants on before answering the door again..." He sighed before getting dressed and heading up to the newly opened floor. Blue walls this time. Small detail that he would always notice, without fail, but it's not like it meant anything...

"Ah! Serenade!" That was Samurai's voice. "Good to see you're here, we found something pretty big!"

"What is it?"

"Come look" Samurai led him over to a door at the far end of the floor that was labelled 'Headmaster's Office', everyone else had already gathered outside the room.

"Ah, hello Mr Stereo..." Orion greeted.

"So, what is it?"

"Beau thinks that this is where the mastermind is hiding..." Grimdark explains.

"What? But, Beau, I thought-"

"In here..." She cuts him off. "That must be why the doors are locked...we can't break it down either or Monokuma will punish us..."

"So there's something worth hiding in there basically..." Hammer says.

"Right..."

"But, does that have to mean that the Mastermind is hiding inside there?" Serenade asked.

"...what are you talking about?" Nimbus looks at him.

"Well, what if there's something else they wanted to hide in there?"

"Like what?" Olive raised an eyebrow.

"...dunno, but the possibility exists, right?"

"Yes, yes it does..." Beau concedes. "But...what could be bigger?"

"Upupupupu!" Monokuma laughter came from one of the monitors. "That's for me to know and you to never know!" It turned off.

"Well, that was brief..." Hammer comments. "But he did confirm there's something behind this door..."

"Yes, he did...and I suppose that concludes our search...even if Serenade didn't get a chance, that's his own fault..." Beau says.

"Alright, then let's head back" Samurai nods. The all descend the building to the ground floor and go to their usual meeting area.

"Now, reports" Beau instructed.

"Looks like we aren't getting out through the windows..." Grimdark said first. "I tried each of them but they're stuck on tight..."

"I wonder why the windows are sealed off in the first place..." Olive says.

"Hmm? What do you mean?" Hammer asked.

"Well...wouldn't it seem suspicious to people outside of the building?"

"She's right...maybe Monokuma found a way around that..." Beau suggests. "Like, sticking up classroom pictures on the windows, then the plating..."

"Speaking of picture, doesn't seem like those ones Serenade found before are anywhere..." Samurai tells them. "Although, there is a concert hall with this grand piano and a microphone stand...so that's fun!"

"F-f-for some reason, there w-weren't any cl-classrooms on that floor, but there were a fe-few locked rooms..." B fake stuttered.

"Yeah...that wasn't the only thing missing from that floor though..." Grimdark folds his arms.

"Oh...yes, that is true. There are no staircases leading upwards..." Orion says. "Meaning...that was the final floor..."

"So...if we don't have a way out from there...how do we leave...?" Olive asked.

"We don't" Beau simply states.

"B-but, we have to get out of here!" Olive says back.

"Just because we have doesn't mean that we will. As hard as it is to accept, we need to consider that it will happen..."

"I...I don't want to be stuck in here!" Samurai said.

"Then you know what you need to do..." Everyone goes silent. "You kill someone..."

"So now you're telling us to kill one of us?! That's just wrong!" Hammer yells at her.

"Look, I won't be doing it anytime soon but...think of it like this: this is a battle royal to leave one person standing...unfortunately, we have no way of getting around that. So sacrifices have to be made..."

"Wha...I can't believe you'd say that!" Serenade yelled, enraged.

"Oh look. Common anger issues is back..."

"Oh just shut up, the pair of you" Grimdark says. "We still have a means of escape...the Mastermind..."

"Hmm?" Olive tilts her head.

"Think about it...who's the one with power over what happens in this school? The answer is The Mastermind. Beau already told us that the Mastermind is among us...defeat the leader, defeat the army...that was the Cheerag army motto..."

"But...we still have no way of knowing who that is..." Samurai says. "We don't even know if Beau is right about that..."

"I think she is..." Serenade admits.

"Really...? Well...if you think so..."

"So, excluding the Mastermind...only eight of the students remain..." Hammer says.

"True...in my opinion, I don't think it's Serenade or Nimbus..." Beau says.

"Yes, but that's only an opinion..." Grimdark says.

"Hai...I cannot blame you if you have your suspicions about me..." Nimbus looks at them.

"Pro-probably...the most suspicious I-is Grimdark...si-since he appeared in the mid-middle of the investigation..."

"That is true...but I can say now that it isn't me..."

"Maybe we shouldn't be focusing on this just now...maybe we should try to rest a little and discuss this tomorrow?" Samurai suggests.

"Yes...I believe that to..." Orion seconds.

"I want to conduct an investigation so please, nobody bother me..." Beau says before leaving the room.

"Well, I'm headin' back to my room if anyone needs me for something..." Hammer walks off.

------------

Back in Serenade's room. Serenade laid on his bed, deep in thought. His mind was still trying to figure out what Beau was talking about in that note...who was Junko Enoshima? It defiantly not a pony name. It could be a changeling name though but it was to dangerous to ask Grimdark about in case Junko heard. Grimdark couldn't be the Mastermind, he was male, plus he knew that changelings couldn't disguise their gender. This one girl was the reason that nine of the students were dead and the other seven stayed alive, managing not to give into her bait. Beau was on her own investigation right now...what if she was the Mastermind? No...she wouldn't talk about it so much if she was. So who is it?

Who is Junko Enoshima?

PreviousChapters Next