• Published 27th Mar 2014
  • 1,407 Views, 174 Comments

Dangan RomPonya - Serenade-Stereo



When Serenade Stereo enters a new high school after being accepted for his talent. He expects the usual. Classes, teachers etc. But this strange school 'Hope's Peak' is much more than meets the eye with it's 'Super High Schoo

  • ...
17
 174
 1,407

PreviousChapters Next
Day 5: Chapter 2- Free time

Serenade sat on his bed in silence for a while. It turned into minutes. It turned into what felt like hours. He stood up quickly.

I can't stay here all day! I need to take my mind off things! He half-ran, half-walked out his room. He walked around the school for a bit before bumping into someone else on the second floor.

"Oh, sorry Serenade" It was Lock "Wasn't watching where I was going"

Since he's talking, should I ask Lock to hang out? "Hey, Lock? Do you wanna do something?"

"Hmm...well, we could talk about the girls"

-------------

I talked about the girls in the school with Lock

-------------

We bonded a little "Hey, Lock. Have this...it's some weird compatibility measurer or something..." Lock eyes gleamed as Serenade presented the item.

"H-hehe...you aren't trying to hit on me are you? I don't really like you that way!"

Kind of mean...but he seemed to have liked it at least

"Hey, Lock? You came here as the 'Super High School Level Matchmaker', right?"

"Yep, that's right! I'm great at what I do!"

"I could tell but...how do you get that kind of title?"

"You mean how did they discover my ability, right?"

"Yes"

"I control this dating website called 'TheLockAndKey.com' and it has been around for...three years? Anyway, even after all this time, not one break-up, not one divorce. Happy relationships forever and ever! That's my guarantee!" He said proudly

"That is actually a lot more impressive than I first thought it was going to be"

"Ehhehehe, most people do...so...let me ask you a question"

"Um...sure?"

"If...someone...oh I know! If a man is straight but loves shopping, fashion, and similar interests traditionally associated with women or homosexual men. What is that called?"

Oh geez....I think my dad told me this because of his brother...it was... "Metrosexuality, right?"

"Yep, I have a cousin that's metrosexual...you have no idea how much he and his girlfriend get along" he chuckled "But myself? I'm actually bisexual....most people would make fun of me for the whole 'liking boys' part of it...it's so stupid"

"I know what you mean"

"Yeah, I guess you would...you're bi as well after all"

"W-what?"

"Dude, my talent lets me see a person's sexuality"

"What about...love interests?"

"Unless I know the one they're interested in...then no, I don't"

"That's a bit...weird"

"I suppose...oh well. I can't really do anything about that, can I?"

"Well...not really"

"I'm gonna head now. Nice talking to you, Serenade. You're really good company!" With that Lock flashed a smile before walking off.

He's a good guy... With that time well spent with Lock, Serenade continued walking around the school. He walked up to the third floor to look at the art room, pass the time by sketching even if he couldn't draw to save his life he couldn't think of much. He sat at one of the canvases and before he started someone walked into the room.

"Ack! S-Serenade, hi!" There's one person only that could make a reaction just from seeing him.

"Hi, Samurai" Serenade turned

"Hi! Um...I guess we had the same idea, sketching to pass the time?"

"Yep"

"W-wow...w-well, I should go. Don't want to disturb you"

Maybe I should ask him to stay?

"Well...I still want to pass the time, conversation might help"

"R-really? Serenade wants to hang out with me?! Um...I know! I'm actually a really good cook, I'll make you something in the cafeteria!"

---------------

I ate with fanboy...he actually was a decent cook as well!

---------------

We bonded a little "Hey, Samurai" Serenade took out some folded material "It's a practice sword holder, I noticed you just have a scratchy looking rope to hold in place so I thought this might help"

"You mean I can really have this?! Your generosity has no bounds!"

It looks like he liked it...but he probably would have liked anything I gave him

Samurai sighed

"Is something wrong?" Serenade asked

"Sorry, I don't mean to make you feel concerned about me but...it's about my title"

"The 'Super High School Level Swordsman'"

"Right...see, the thing is, I can use a sword pretty well...but I only ever used a sword in one sport"

"What sport was that?"

"Well...with deduction skills like yours, you could figure it out! It's a neighponese sport in which two opponents face each other with wooden swords and attempt to strike each other"

Oh! That concept does sound familiar... "Kendo, that's what you're talking about?"

"Yes! I knew you'd be able to figure it out. Don't get me wrong, I have an awesome Kendo team it's just...I'm just feeling like they only care about winning instead of the players or just having fun in the competitions"

"So...they don't care what happens to you?"

"Right...so I quit the team and went into it solo, and won it"

"That pretty amazing"

"Thanks! It means a lot because Kendo isn't really to hard to be good at..." he gives a weak smile "But...if it got me into this school, I shouldn't be complaining...or at least I wish I could say that..."

"Well don't worry about it, Samurai, we can find a way out of here, I'm sure of it!"

"Y-yeah!" He gave a semi-confident look "I'm going to resume search immediately, I'll report to you soon!" and with saying that, he sped off.

"What a weird guy..." Serenade muttered.

*Ding Dong, Bing Bong!

"Ahem! Can I have your attention? It is now 10pm and officially night-time. The cafeteria doors will be locked soon and entry will be strictly prohibited! Thank you and good night!"

Serenade headed back to his room right after hearing the announcement. Once there, just like yesterday, he pulled out his ElectroID and updated the Student Reports

For Lock he wrote in:

I control this dating website called 'TheLockAndKey.com' and it has been around for...three years? Anyway, even after all this time, not one break-up, not one divorce. Happy relationships forever and ever! That's my guarantee!
I have a cousin that's metrosexual...you have no idea how much he and his girlfriend get along" he chuckled "But myself? I'm actually bisexual....most people would make fun of me for the whole 'liking boys' part of it...it's so stupid.
my talent lets me see a person's sexuality.

And for Samurai:

I can use a sword pretty well...but I only ever used a sword in one sport.
Kendo! It's a neighponese sport in which two opponents face each other with wooden swords and attempt to strike each other.
I have an awesome Kendo team it's just...I'm just feeling like they only care about winning instead of the players or just having fun in the competitions.
I quit the team and went into it solo, and won it.
Kendo isn't really to hard to be good at...

He turned his ElectroID off and laid on his bed and started to think about the transpired events.

If they find out about everything...I'm done for...but I can't let that takeover...my life is on the line here but I'm seriously considering this?! What is wrong with me?! Thunder...he wouldn't want me acting like this...thinking like this.... A few tears fell as he thought about the possibility of never seeing his friends or family ever again. No! I...I need to get out of here! But not the way Monokuma wants...I...I can't do that to someone....

He pushed all his thoughts away and shut his eyes.

His only choice was to let them know everything...

PreviousChapters Next