• Published 27th Mar 2014
  • 1,407 Views, 174 Comments

Dangan RomPonya - Serenade-Stereo



When Serenade Stereo enters a new high school after being accepted for his talent. He expects the usual. Classes, teachers etc. But this strange school 'Hope's Peak' is much more than meets the eye with it's 'Super High Schoo

  • ...
17
 174
 1,407

PreviousChapters Next
Day 2: Chapter 3

The two entered the weapons museum, Orion leading. "I don't see Beau anywhere..." She commented

"I'm over here!" Beau's voice called out. "Come look at this!" Serenade and Orion followed her voice and saw Beau, standing by a podium where the spears once were. Or at least that was what would make most sense. "The casing around it was shattered" She indicates the glass sharps scattered around the surrounding area. "It looks like it was smashed from the top, but the security system, from what Monokuma told me, will go off by the slightest touch and theses shards...they look to neat..."

"Neat?" Serenade echoed

"Like they were organised into this position...like they were moved over...look, there should be glass on the podium too..."

New Ammo: Security system. Loaded into Serenade's ElectroID
New Ammo: Glass arrangement. Loaded into Serenade's ElectroID

"Well this confirms that the spears are the ones from here..."

"Correct...We should see if we can find anything else in here that could point us to the culprit" Beau began to search the area.

"Well, Mr Stereo, what do you think?" Orion asked

"What do you mean?"

"I can detect that you already have experience investigating...care to show me how you investigate and what conclusion you come to?" She gave a smile. Serenade bent down next to the shards of glass

"Well...I'll see what I can find..." He starts to check the shards individually as Orion simply observes. "Hmm...oh?" He pick something off the floor. Not a shard. "Check it out..." It looked like laminate. "How did this get here?"

New Ammo: Laminate. Loaded into Serenade's ElectroID

"Well..." Orion starts "Let's try to imagine how this could have played out...the culprit comes in here to retrieve the spears, he smashed the glass, somehow evading the security system. Now if the spears are facing towards him and he tried to pick them all up at the same time. He could have cut something that was laminated on his clothes...does that sound plausible?"

"It does...nice work creepy girl..." Beau had returned "I'll keep that in mind when we get to whatever that 'class trial' is..." Beau then turned and took her leave.

Orion giggled "She a bit feisty, wouldn't you agree?" Serenade nodded. "Well...it doesn't seem like we have a lot left to investigate so where would you like to go next?"

"Why don't you go and investigate the crime scene, Zoom and Moonlight are there already."

"Well, I'll talk to you later I suppose..." She gave a small bow and left. Serenade turned back to the podium. How does this work? These were here when I met with Wild Beast, then I went straight to Gold's room. How in Equestria did the culprit manage to get past the security system, grab the spears, get to the room before me and then stab Gold with the five spears and get away...just how!?

"Upupupupu! How goes the investigation?" That familiar bear walks out of the shadows

"Monokuma? What are you doing here?"

"I like to check up on the investigation before the class trial"

"Right...what is this 'class trial' anyway?"

"I'll explain it when the time comes. Right now...humour me Serenade..."

"Humour you?"

"You investigated with Orion, you kissed and investigated with Beau and you're friends with B, just look at you though! Why to others find me, Monokuma, so...unbearable!?" Serenade stayed silent. It was pretty obvious why...

"Wait...I DIDN'T KISS BEAU! SHE KISSED ME!" Monokuma tilted his head

"There's a difference?"

"A HUGE ONE! S-she only did it so the other boys would have a motive to kill me!"

"Really? GAHAHAHAHA! You seem to be in a real pickle then, I like that girl!" Monokuma ceases laughing "But what do I care? I don't care WHO dies just as long as SOMEONE does. The class trials make great entertainment!" Is that all these murders are to him? Entertainment?

"So...you made that announcement because I discovered the body. Right?"

"No, because you were the third one to discover the body!"

"Third?"

"Yes, after three students come across a body. I make the announcement"

New Ammo: Announcements. Loaded into Serenade's ElectroID

"Well, I should get back to the investigation..."

"Oh well. Bye then ya bastard!" He disappeared as Serenade left the room and walked down the hall.

He let out a sigh, why did Monokuma really create this school life of mutual killings, was it really just to entertain? He wasn't watching where he was going and bumped into the orange Pegasus that he was sat next to in the cafeteria.

"S-sorry, I wasn't paying attention..." Serenade apologized. He stayed silent. "You...uh...don't really say much do you?" he shook his head "Oh...Locky, was it?" he shook his head again.

"Lock..." He spoke. His voice was much deeper than Serenade had thought at first.

"Do you have any idea on who the killer might be?" He points at Serenade. "Why?" Lock just gives him a look. "Have you checked out the crime scene yet?" He shook his head again "Do you know where it is?" More shakes "It's Gold's room...I can-" he was about to go with Lock to re-investigate but he had already walked by him. "You know it's rude to leave when someone is talking!" Lock had already reached the end of the hall and turned though Not like you'd have much experience of that happening.

"Aw! Don't worry about Locky! He's always like that!"

"Huh?" Serenade didn't even have time to turn before he felt someone jump onto his back

"Now take, Tickery to the crime scene! Andale!" She spoke

"T-Tickery?" He began to wobble under her weight. "Can you please get off?"

"Huh? I'm not heavy! Tickery thinks that you're weak!"

"Well Tickery is right!" He says throwing her off his back.

"Ow! No need to be so rude!" She gets up. "You could have just asked me to get off!"

"I did! You didn't listen!"

"Oh...Tickery is so sorry for the inconvenience then. I take it that you have already started the investigation of this strange and arousing mystery!? The spears, the blood. All of it!?"

"Um...yeah...you saw the crime scene?"

"Of course! As soon as Tickery heard the announcement, Tickery began her own special investigation!" She seemed unusually chipper for someone that just learned about the death of a fellow student.

"Are you even sad?"

"Hm? I'm never sad, if Tickery is always sad, what happens to happiness!?" Sweet Celestia, what is wrong with this girl? "I guess it is kind of sad that he was killed...but we have to push on and find the killer, right!?"

"Um...right? Well did you find anything on your 'special investigation'?"

"Nope, but I ran into some of the other students. Like Hammer and Olive and Digital and Wild and B...and you!"

"I see...hey, Tickery? I learned that everybody's room has some sort of weapon in it. Does yours?" She looked at him confused.

"Weapon? I went through everything in my room. Tickery found nothing of the sort!"

"Really?" Tickery had no weapon in her room? Well that just doesn't make any sense...

*Ding dong*

"Alright, bastards! You've had enough investigation time, meet up at the red door by the Gymnasium! The class trial will begin shortly" Monkuma again...which meant it was time.

"Yay! Tickery is so ready!" She began to run off to where they were told to meet up, slowly followed by Serenade.

By the time Serenade had reached the door. The rest had already gathered there. How long had he taken to get here?

"To slow Serenade, Tickery beat you here by three minutes and thirty-nine seconds!" She was counting? Beau walked up to him

"Be ready for when those papers come out Serenade...that's when you'll be officially done for..." She smirked. Then a ding was heard and an elevator was revealed behind them all. Monkuma stepped out

"Upupupupu! This is the moment you've all been waiting for! The Class Trial!" He cackled

"Just what is the 'Class Trial' anyway?" Olive asked.

"I'll explain once you reach there...but for now...I'll be waiting." And in a puff of smoke, he vanished. They now fifteen students all stood in silence for a few seconds.

"There is no point in just standing around here. We should get this over and done with." Digital said as he walked into the elevator followed by Hammer, Olive, Lock, Tickery, Punch and B.

"Just you wait...I'll prove your guilt" Nimbus said as he walked by Serenade as he and the rest proceeded to enter the elevator. Leaving Serenade out by himself

"Well? We have to go" Wild said to him. He was reluctant to, but he slowly headed into the elevator with the others. At the same time he joined the rest of them, the doors shut and the elevator moved down into the depths.

This is it...the time has finally come. One of us killed Gold Coin, he had done nothing to hurt us and someone killed him. Nimbus thinks it's me, as does Lock. They'll try to put me under execution as soon as the trial starts...B might try to defend me, but her timid nature might get the best of her...so I'm on my own. In this matter of life or death...

In the Class Trial...

PreviousChapters Next