• Published 27th Mar 2014
  • 1,407 Views, 174 Comments

Dangan RomPonya - Serenade-Stereo



When Serenade Stereo enters a new high school after being accepted for his talent. He expects the usual. Classes, teachers etc. But this strange school 'Hope's Peak' is much more than meets the eye with it's 'Super High Schoo

  • ...
17
 174
 1,407

PreviousChapters Next
Day 2: Chapter 2

Serenade peered his head through the door. He only saw the bed. Cautiously, he continued in "Gold...?" He looked past the corner of the room, nothing. "...I guess he isn't-" He turned to face the other wall and stopped dead.

But he wasn't the only one.

There, on the wall was Gold Coin. Pierced by spears that went through several different areas of his body. His heart, arms and legs had all been pierced.

Serenade let out a scream of what he's witnessing as the monitor in the room turned on.

*Ding Dong*

"A corpse has been discovered, I will allow a certain time for investigation, then we shall hold a class trial!" That was Monkuma's voice.

"What happened!?" Nimbus ran in "I heard a scream and...ACK!" He turned to see the corpse of the late Gold Coin "I-impossible...How...?" He was left relatively speechless. He turned to Serenade "You..." he started to glare "You killed him!"

"N-no! I just discovered the body!" Serenade had pleaded

"Lies! We all knew you were planning to kill you heinous monster!" Nimbus pulled several shuriken from his pocket "Well, I'll make sure you get what is coming to you!"

"Wait! Don't you remember the punishment for murder!?" Nimbus stayed silent "You'll get executed if you're found out and those shurikens will be really incriminating!"

"...hmm...you are going to be a worthy opponent in this upcoming 'class trial'. Just wait though. I'll prove you guilty!" He walked out of the room with that vow now following him.

Serenade sighed. There's that bad luck he always seems to have, he only really had B to trust in this place...investigation...he should probably get started on that. He walked up to the body and examined it closely.

These spears...haven't I seen these somewhere before? I must have, this design on them is just to original to be mistaken...That's right. The museum when I met up with Wild Beast! But those were pretty heavily guarded with a security system and that glass box...They seem really forced into the body which could suggest a struggle...

New Ammo: Spears. Loaded into Serenade's ElectroID
New Ammo: Signs of a struggle. Loaded into Serenade's ElectroID

The fact that he's been strung up on the wall gives away one fact, he must have been killed elsewhere. I doubt anybody could have stuck him to the wall with just five spears, especially when he's so far off the ground, but if that happened, there is a severe lack of a blood trail

New Ammo: Different crime scene. Loaded into Serenade's ElectroID
New Ammo: Lack of a Blood trail. Loaded into Serenade's ElectroID

Serenade turned when he heard footsteps behind him. It was Beau.

"I see you've already started investigating..." She had no expression in her tone. It was just plain. She walked up to the body and to Serenade's surprise started inspecting the wounds, searching his pockets. She defiantly didn't look like the type of girl that would do that. She turned with an angry expression "What? Just because I'm a model means I hate getting my hands dirty? Oh please, watch this" She pulled away the waistline of his pants and stuck her hand down.

Serenade blushed, his mind was at it.

"Ugh, you PERV! Put your wings back down would you!?" Serenade looked back to see his wings outspread by his side

"S-sorry..." He slowly managed to fold his wings back in, embarrassed at what just happened.

"Thank...hm?" She turned back to where she was digging around "What the heck is this?" She pulls out a small handheld.

"That was the console he was playing on when I woke up on the first day"

"Ugh, boys and their video games..."

New Ammo: Gaming handheld was loaded into Serenade's ElectroID

"Well to be fair, he WAS the 'Super High School Level Gamer'...w-wait...you pulled that from inside his pants but...it would just fall out..."

"It was in his underwear..."

"Y-you put your hand down his underwear!?" This time he couldn't really help it when his wings flew out.

"Its just underwear...the nerd wore tighty whiteys...and we're all like 17, who still wears those?"

"Uh...yeah..." Beau just rolled her eyes, Serenade wasn't a good liar.

"Anyway, did you check the whole room yet?"

"Uh, no...I focused on the body first, those spears-"

"Are from the museum...I saw them there" She cut him off. Then walked over to the bedside drawers. "Hmm..." She slid the top one
open "Just as I thought..." She bends over. Showing how short her dress is. Push the thought away, push the thought away... She stood back up with a knife in her hand. "Check it out, the guy had weapon hidden in his room as well"

"As well?" Did that imply Beau had one hidden in her room?

"From what I heard every bedside drawer has sort of weapon, depending on the room, or it's hidden as something in the room...anything out of place in your room?"

"Well...I have a guitar in there...Monkuma said he placed it in there for me..." Beau stayed silent

"Probably a hidden blade in it...somewhere, like the neck of it or maybe...wait, bass or acoustic?"

"Acoustic?"

"It could be taped inside the sound hole..." Serenade was slightly surprised by her sudden knowledge. "Besides I don't think this knife has anything to do with the murder..."

"I wouldn't be so sure, every room has a shower room, the blood could have easily been washed off, in fact, we don't even know if that was the weapon for this room" Beau stayed silent they gave an impressed look

"Didn't expect that to come from a perv like you, I'll check the shower to see if it was turned on, you look around the room"

Beau...in the shower? She isn't making this easy... she walked through the door by her side as Serenade stared at the knife she placed back on drawers. Wasn't she one of the others that didn't trust me? Think I would kill someone? Then why leave the knife...maybe...she does have some trust in me? He didn't ponder on it for long

New Ammo: Knife and other hidden weapons. Was loaded into Serenade's ElectroID

"Hey...whatever your name is, you have GOT to check this out!" Beau called him in...to the shower...Serenade took a breath and walked in to see her kneeling by the shower "You were totally on the ball, this was used recently, check it!" She pointed at the puddles of water on the floor "That knife might have something to do with this after all" She stood up "Also I tried to move the shower head, didn't work. It's tight in its holder...but for being right, you've earned some respect"

New Ammo: Puddles of water. Loaded into Serenade's ElectroID
New Ammo: Shower head. Loaded into Serende ElectroID

"t-thanks Beau" She suddenly seemed irritated

"Oh don't thank me, I was just saying you're not a incompetent as I thought, geez!"

"Oh grow a personality..." These two were never going to get along well. Then there was a flash, the two looked to see Moonlight and Zoom standing just outside

"This just in! Supermodel Beau Love and Ponyvillian musician, Serenade Stereo were caught in the shower of the victim's room together having a secret meeting! More on this story as it develops!"

"Hehe! You two weren't up to anything naughty were you?" Zoom giggled the two blushed and started to speak at the same time

"Are you serious!? Him/Her? I would never! Especially not with this dork/witch!" The two faced away from each other causing the two other mares to laugh at their humiliation.

"Aw come on you guys! Moonlight is gonna start doing a paper for what's going on and our readers will just eat this kind of gossip up!"

"Besides" Beau spoke "I need to go look elsewhere...Serenade! Follow me!" She grabbed his wrist and pulled him past the two. "But before we go" she stopped in front of the door. "That camera ready?" Zoom nodded "Then let your readers see this for your paper" She grabbed Serenade's collar

"Hey what are yo-!?" He was stopped by Beau kissing him and a flash of the camera.

Beau let him go and walked out the door leaving Serenade with two smirking girls "I-I swear, t-there is NOTHING going on between us!"

"We have more information on this story! Beau and Serenade share their first public kiss together in front of this reporter and her photographer!"

"You should go catch up with your girlfriend" Zoom teased. Serenade's face flushed as he fled the room and ran after Beau. He ran in front of her and blocked her walking path

"W-what the hell was that just now!?"

"Oh please, I was playing it up for the cameras, you should be thanking me. It's not like you have a chance of ever getting a girlfriend..."

"Yeah, but you can't just kiss me like that! What were you thinking!?" Beau looked at him dead in the eyes.

"Helping with the mutual killings...all the boys want me, it's so obvious. I just gave them all a motive to go after you...giving me a bigger chance of survival..." She gave a devious grin

"Y-you...c-can't do that!"

"Oh? And why is that? Because you're afraid of all the others because you know you're the weakest next to that pig B?"

"Hey! Shut up about B! She hasn't done anything bad to you!"

"Whatever, I'm going to investigate the museum...you can come if you want, I won't stop you..." She barged past him and continued down the hall. She really was a she-devil...Serenade shook his head and followed on. He convinced himself though.

The two were never going to friends, the kiss meant nothing but a motive to her. She was a cold heartless girl.

"Well...it isn't nice to think of each other like that" the two turned to see Orion Ghost standing by one of the doors in the hall, how had they not notice her? "You may not like each other, but by working together, you could make a formidable team..."

"Oh please? Me and him? I don't even know his name"

"You sure about that?" Orion smiled "I think you know a lot more than you're letting on..." Beau scoffed and carried on to the museum "Don't worry about her Serenade. She's just mean spirited, she'll warm up to all of us...now I should really get some investigating done. Who's the victim?"

"Gold Coin, pierced by five spears in his room. The spears were originally in the museum though..."

"...Okay I think I understand. Shall we?"

"Excuse me?"

"Let's go investigate! You might need some help and I doubt Beau will help you out" she walked off towards the museum like Beau leaving Serenade to realize something.

He had just investigated with Beau and now he's investigating with Orion. Two girls. One case.

PreviousChapters Next