• Published 27th Mar 2014
  • 1,407 Views, 174 Comments

Dangan RomPonya - Serenade-Stereo



When Serenade Stereo enters a new high school after being accepted for his talent. He expects the usual. Classes, teachers etc. But this strange school 'Hope's Peak' is much more than meets the eye with it's 'Super High Schoo

  • ...
17
 174
 1,407

PreviousChapters Next
Class Trial 3: Chapter 4

"Well it seems that is that..." Beau said breaking the tension between everyone now that the culprit had been discovered. "Only one thing left to do...Serenade?"

"Yeah?"

"W-wait...'only one thing left to do...Serenade?'" Hammer repeated

"Shut up you freakin' idiot!" Punch yelled at him

"S-sorry!"

"Time to go from start to finish...time to tell them how this crime played out" Beau fold her arms

I hate this part most of all...going through everything just to prove something that is already obvious...but I have to do it...for everyone here, they need to survive...

Here's how it happened!

Act 1.
This crime started the night we got our motives. The culprit knew that she couldn't her secrets that she had kept down to long revealed like that. She wrote a note and then sent it to Lock, calling him to the pool-

How? that just sounds stupid!

It was Beau that interrupted him this time "Serenade, I thought you had this all figured out but still haven't answered a crucial question, who wrote the note?"

"What do you mean, the one that wrote the note and the one that wrote the writing in the cafeteria are one of the same, right?"

"Of course, but that wasn't Olive"

"Huh?"

"It was another...Olive...isn't the culprit...she's an accomplice"

"Hold on! Why would she help someone in this?! An accomplice would gain nothing! Plus, why wouldn't she just confess, she's protecting the culprit? That's what you're saying, right?!"

"Yes...why would she help the guilty party...? And to answer why she didn't just confess...she's playing it up for the rest of us...but why would she take this risk might I ask?"

"I don't know what you're talking about..." Olive said "I've given up...I'm the culprit, execute me already..."

"O-Olive..." Tickery barely said

"You aren't the culprit, stop lying" Beau told her

"I'm not lying you bitch!"

"The student that wrote the note is the culprit...that should help..." Beau folds her arms, leaving the rest to Serenade to figure out.

"Ms Love...though I do not like to question the logic of another, why do you believe this? Do you have evidence to give your theory some support?" Orion asked but was not given a response

The one that wrote the note is the culprit...?

Non-Stop Debate

Evidence Bullets

-Mysterious Note

-Tickery's Testimony

-Pool Cart

Olive- Oh for crying out loud...I'm the culprit! Can't we just leave it at that?

Samurai- Hasn't she already confessed to this? Why are dragging this on for longer than it has to be?

Hammer- The one that wrote the note and culprit...Are the same person

Grimdark- Which means of course. If Olive didn't write the note

Agreed!

"Olive...Olive didn't write the note...it was someone else..."

"That's what I said before, genius, you still don't know who it is though...the one that wrote the note is the one that killed Lock...that should help answer the question..."

If it wasn't Olive then...who was it? How does she expect me to know? Serenade stood in silence for a few seconds

"So are going onto voting or not?" Monokuma asked

"Not yet...give us a little more time" Beau tells him

"Fine, but I will put a timer on if I need to" He lounges comfortably in his seat

Who killed Lock...maybe it was someone we wouldn't expect...? Serenade's eyes widened "Someone...we wouldn't expect...the one that killed Lock is someone we wouldn't expect!"

"What do you mean?" Tickery asked, confused

"All the evidence from Olive...it was left purposely so we would think she's the culprit...and only one person here is someone we wouldn't expect and one that Olive would protect!"

It could only be you!

Everyone stood silent as Serenade looked to his left side and raised his arm

"It was Lock!" He points at the now deceased Pegasus's portrait

"W-w-w-w-w-WHAT?!!" Tickery yelled out

"L-Lock commitied suicide?!" Samurai said, clutching the sides of head trying to comprehend what was being said. "Why the hell would he do that?!"

"Be probably didn't want others knowing his secret...and he invited Olive to watch his death..." Serenade said, feeling disbelief at the conclusion he had arrived at but with no objections from Beau, he must have been right.

"Lock committed suicide...care you delve deeper into this? We should examine the possibility thoroughly" Orion says calmly.

Non-Stop Debate

Evidence Bullets

-Puddles of water

-Monokuma File 3

-Pool Cart

-Missing shovel

Orion- If Lock truly did commit suicide...then we need to explore this possibility...

Nimbus- The cause of death was strangulation...

Punch- Wouldn't that mean he had to strangle himself?

B- I-Is that even possible?

Olive- Why are you talking about this?! I killed Lock!

Hammer- He didn't have anything to strangle himself with though...

You got that wrong!

"Actually, there was one thing that could have been used, there were a few pool noodles in the pool cart, if he used one of those, then he wouldn't leave any markings and he could have committed suicide via self-strangulation"

"A pool noodle? Then what about the neck markings?" Punch asked

"Those could have happened later...maybe after he was already dead, Olive grabbed his neck..."

"But if he was already dead, why would she do that?" Samurai asked. Olive sighed as she gripped her forearms

"Because....Lock asked me to" She admitted causing everyone to fall silent.

"Lock...asked you...?" Hammer repeated

"O-Olive?! What do you mean Locky asked you to help him with his death?!" Tickery questioned "I-if this is a joke...IT'S NOT FUNNY!" She yelled

"It...it isn't a lie...I met with Lock who...who told me that he wanted to protect everybody's secrets...so he sacrificed his life...the time I got there was 3:50..."

"But, Lock died at 3:45...didn't he?" Punch pointed out only to be responded with a nod

"So...he was dead before you got there..." Samurai said

"Y-yes...here" She pulls out a piece of paper "It's what Lock left for me along with instructions on what to do when I found his body..."

"Can I see it?" Serenade asks. She nods and passes it along to him, Serenade unfolds the paper and reads Lock's dying message.

Dear everyone...don't hate me for doing what I did, I couldn't let everyone suffer by having their secrets exposed so easily especially after you all worked so hard to hide them. I want you all to carry my spirit with you out of this place and to not fall into despair...I'll be in the hearts of you all forever and if there is anything else you are confused about...you can ask them about it...

-Lock 'Locky' Heart

"So...Lock really did commit suicide..." Nimbus said after a brief period of silence.

"Case closed then" Tickery said

"Not even close" Beau retorts "We still haven't found the answer to one question in this...who killed Zoom?"

"T-that's right...s-she's still s-shrouded in my-mystery..." B says

"The answer we've been looking for...is in that note he left us...Serenade...read over it again and tell us what important part can help lead us to the killer..."

A part of the note that can lead us to the culprit....wait...maybe she means...
Of course!
"Wait...'them'...?" Serenade read it over again " 'You can ask them about it'?"

"Exactly...the other student referred to as 'them'...is the culprit" Beau folds her arms "And I think it's very clear on who that could be...."

"So wait...it isn't Olive?" Hammer asks

"No...the one that killed Zoom is not Olive..."

"I'm telling you, IT WAS ME!!!" Olive yells at them

"Olive...?" Tickery gives her a scared look.

"I hit Zoom with the shovel! I killed her! Execute me!"

"The one that killed Zoom...." Serenade starts

"Was me!" Olive yells

"Is the other one referred to in the note left by Lock...and if my intuition is right...then there is only one possible suspect!"

It could only be you!

Author's Note:

Any idea on the true killer even though it is really freaking obvious?

PreviousChapters Next