• Published 27th Mar 2014
  • 1,404 Views, 174 Comments

Dangan RomPonya - Serenade-Stereo



When Serenade Stereo enters a new high school after being accepted for his talent. He expects the usual. Classes, teachers etc. But this strange school 'Hope's Peak' is much more than meets the eye with it's 'Super High Schoo

  • ...
17
 174
 1,404

PreviousChapters Next
Day 9: Chapter 1

Day 9: Hammer's machine and Monokuma's brutal trial

*Ding dong, bing bong* Hearing that to many times would probably make someone go insane

"Ahem! This is a school announcement! It is now 7pm and as of such, Night-time is officially over! Let's make today a good day! And also...could everybody please make their way to the gymnasium for a special surprise? Thank you!"

Serenade raised an eyebrow when he mentioned the gymnasium...what was Monokuma up to? Did he have a new motive prepared for them? He'd usually appear in the cafeteria beforehand though, so why was this time different?

Serenade got dressed and headed, hastily, to the gymnasium. He was last in, it looked like everyone else had similar thoughts to him since they all seemed out of breath. Aside from Beau, who still had her bitchy poker face on.

"Looks like we...all got here...as fast as we...could" Samurai panted, he must have just gotten there before Serenade. For a swordsman, he was really out of shape.

"I wonder why he called us here...and why you all felt the need to rush over..." Beau says.

"What if he's got something bad planned for us?! I don't know about the rest of you but I was panicking about it!" Hammer exclaimed

"I was in the middle of my morning run around the school" Punch says

"Morning run?" Nimbus repeats

"Yeah, I gotta stay in shape so that I don't lose my fighting edge" She folds her arms "I use the equipment in the changing rooms for a few minutes and then I head off around the first and second floor!"

"That's a nice story, but frankly, no gives a fuck" Grimdark tells her

"You wanna fight, you prick?!" Punch cracked her knuckles.

"Ugh, when someone resorts to violence whilst off the battlefield to settle things, it makes them look complete and utterly pathetic" He looked dead into her eyes. "So I suggest to you: learn to control that temper of yours or you'll regret it!" He yelled , silencing everyone. Including Punch. "That's better..."

"Well...if this really is a new motive...do you guys think that it'll go along with the thefts?" Olive asks

"It could add to it...but I don't think it would be directly connected..." Beau says

"Why not?" Serenade asks curiously

"Well...Monokuma likes to use really big things in our lives to make us want to kill one another...something like thefts wouldn't be enough so he must have something much stronger..."

"She's got a point..." Hammer admits.

"Well kiddies, you know what time it is!" Monokuma's voice sounds throughout the gymnasium as he hops onto the podium. "It's motive time!" He yells out throwing his arms into the air. There was a long silence.

"...well? What is it...?" Nimbus asks

"Umm..." Monokuma looks down, depressingly. "Truth is...I haven't really thought one up..." He admits

"So why the heck did you call us here?!" Beau yells

"Because...since I couldn't think of a motive...I thought I'd use something to my advantage..." His eye sparks red. "Hammer, remember that little machine that you were working on?"

"My machine? What about it...wait...did you find it?!" Hammer beamed

"Oh, I found alright. In complete pieces!"

"H-huh?! Pieces?!"

"Yep...and please, for me? Could you tell everyone what you were making?"

"Umm...it was a way for us to talk to those that had died...I actually finished it just before it got stolen"

"And THAT'S the beauty part of this meeting! Since the machine was complete, that means the students were alive within the machine...and does anyone want to take a guess at what all this means...?"

"...wait...you can't possibly be saying...?" Beau starts

"Oh yes! That means that the since the machine is broken, all students inside died...which mean it's time for a class trial!" Everyone was taken aback.

"You can't be serious!" Punch yells "It's a dumb robot! Why the hell should it count as a victim?!"

"Hey, it wouldn't be the first time I counted a machine as a victim!"

"What are you talking about?" Samurai asks

"....nothing...nothing important" There was a hint of annoyance in his voice. "Either way, no matter what you try to do, this class trial is happening and if none of you want to compete...there's always the alternate" His claws sharpen

"A-alternate?" B repeats

"Do I have to spell it out for you?!" B flinched as he yelled "You're executed! Okay?! Was that clear enough?!"

"Y-y-y-y-y-yes!"

"Good! Now, you won't be getting the Monokuma File until you find the 'corpse' so get to it!" He vanished.

"This is bullshit!" Punch yells

"I know, Monokuma just took his demonic levels to a new height!" Samurai grits his teeth.

"And yet" Orion interrupts. "This seems like something that he was likely to have done from the very beginning..."

"What do you mean?" Olive asks

"He wants to collect despair from us, no? What better way than having a meaningless death from destroying a machine?"

"She...she's right..." Hammer says

"Well...we can't waste any time or Monokuma will start the class trial without us being able to learn anything" Grimdark tells them all. "We should split up, Beau and Punch can search this floor for the machine. Make sure you check the rooms as well in case you find the other lost items. Orion, Nimbus and Hammer will look around the second floor, check that storage closet, again, some things could be hidden there. Olive and Hammer can take the third floor and Serenade, B and I will check the fourth floor. Got it?" Everyone nods before splitting up.

When they reached the fourth floor Grimdark stopped them. "Alright, I'll check the gallery and the two classrooms, B can check the rec room and, Serenade can go to the mechanics room" They nod before splitting away from each other. Serenade rushed down the corridor. The mechanics room was the only room he hadn't seen yet so he knew where he was going. He stopped in front of the door and slowly opened it and carefully started to look around the room. There were a few tables with tools laid out on top of them. Three tables to be exact. He looked behind the first two. Nothing. The third one however made Serenade stumble back in shock.

Propped up against the wall was a more mechanical looking Digital Code, his head was down and, what looked like blood, was seeping out from his head. There was a small tool next to his body and a much larger one next to it.

"W-what the hell...?" Serenade questioned as the doors to the room opened and Grimdark, accompanied by B walked in.

"Did you find it?" Grimdark asked. Serenade nodded and pointed to the 'corpse'. "Huh? Isn't that the guy in one of the portraits in the class trials?"

"Y-yes...Digital C-Code..." B informs him.

*Ding dong, bing bong!*

"Ahem! A body has been discovered! I will allow a certain amount of time for investigation before we begin another class trial..."

"B, you go get the others and tell them where we found the body" Grimdark commands as B nods and rushes out of the room. "Dammit...this'll be one hell of a pointless class trial...but I guess it isn't an exception"

"What do you mean?" Serenade asks

"...Monokuma has been using unfair tactics to get unfair not-so-mutual killings out of us and then for us to choose who to execute. He says that the winner stays alive but let's be honest with each other" He turns and faces Serenade.

"In those trials....there's no such thing as a 'winner'..."

PreviousChapters Next