• Published 27th Mar 2014
  • 1,407 Views, 174 Comments

Dangan RomPonya - Serenade-Stereo



When Serenade Stereo enters a new high school after being accepted for his talent. He expects the usual. Classes, teachers etc. But this strange school 'Hope's Peak' is much more than meets the eye with it's 'Super High Schoo

  • ...
17
 174
 1,407

PreviousChapters Next
Class Trial 5: Chapter 1

They took their places for their fifth trial. Serenade looked at the others individually. Someone here really took advantage of our trust...that, I can't forgive... He glanced at the two new stands. Hammer's and Punch's that had two boxing gloves...a rather strange mark...

"Alright! Now I shall briefly explain how this Class Trial works. You all pick a subject to discuss and then you try and find a killer through it. By then choosing a 'culprit' that 'culprit' will be seen as the 'villain'. At this point, you may start to vote for who you believe the true 'villain' is. If you are correct the 'villain' will be punished...but get it wrong. Everyone ASIDE from the villain shall be punished!" Monokuma put a paw in the air. "Now start debatin'!"

"Alright...this is defiantly the strangest scene we've had so far, right?" Olive starts. "I mean, that much is obvious..."

"Yes, with so many weapons, we can't really say what was used to kill Hammer...though, I don't think it would be relevant...why else would it be absent in the Monokuma File?" Grimdark points out.

"That's a good point...there's the knife, the globe and the hammer..." Beau recalls. "But without any way to say what killed him, we can only press on..."

"Why don't we talk about the murder weapon anyway? Clarification is important" Nimbus says.

"Also, Mr Darkness and myself did not get a chance to examine the crime scene, so it would be important to learn as much as we can..." Orion adds.

"Alright then..." Beau shrugs.

Non-Stop Debate

Evidence Bullets

-Monokuma File 5

-Knife

-Globe

-Hammer

-Hammer's Spanner

Beau- The globe...the knife...and the hammer...those were the three weapons found along with Hammer's body.

Orion- And we have assumed that all three were most defiantly used in his murder?

Grimdark- That's right...the knife waslodged in his back... the globe was covered in blood on one side of him and the hammer wascovered in blood on the other side of him...

Nimbus- Did we have any reason to doubt any of these weapons?

Olive- Well as far as I can see...there's no reason...

You got that wrong!

"There could be one reason to cast suspicion on the blunt objects, Olive..." Serenade cut her off.

"There is...?" Olive asked rather confused.

"In the Monokuma File, it states that the two blows to Hammer's head are similar...but we come a problem, the globe is round and the hammer is flat..."

"Round...and flat...?" Olive repeated closing her eyes as if trying to remember something.

"So, there's defiantly no way the knife in his back isn't involved, right?" Grimdark asked.

"A...a knife in the back...?" Nimbus raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, the knife must be involved somehow...maybe it was the murder weapon? But if so, then what was the rope that was restraining his arms for?" Serenade said.

"His arms were restrained...?" Orion repeated.

What's with those three...? Have they figured something out....? Wait...they must be talking about...
That's it!

"Orion, Nimbus, Olive! You three figured it out to, didn't you? The similarities between this incident and the past murders, I mean?"

"Yes...they do seem to carry rather important-to-note similarities" Orion nods.

"Maybe...the motive was that they thought that Hammer was the mastermind so...they wanted him to feel the pain of the others that had died..." Beau suggests.

"W-would someone here really do that?" B asked.

"It's amazing what anger can do" Samurai says.

"What bothers me though about the whole similarities to other trials is...one victim is missing..." Beau says.

"Missing? Are you sure...?" Grimdark asks her.

"Yes, think of it, a knife for Gold, a globe for Moonlight, a rope for Lock and a hammer for the DigiBot..."

"She's right...Zoom isn't included in it!" B says.

"If this motive was for Hammer to suffer like the other victim's...why did they leave Zoom? I think the answer is in the culprit...Olive!" Beau points at the green earth pony.

"W-w-what?!"

"Think about it, who was Zoom's killer?"

"That was...Tickery, right?" Samurai recalls.

"Yes, and who was most devastated by Tickery's demise?" Beau then asks.

"That would be Olive..." Serenade answers. "But what does this have to do with the current murder?"

"Well, here is my hypothesis: the culprit couldn't bring herself to use to the shovel because it reminded her to much of what her best friend did....that makes sense, no?"

I know Olive...she would rather get out of here for Lock and Tickery than kill someone, even if they were the mastermind of this whole thing...

Non-Stop Debate

Evidence Bullets

-Rope

-Hammer's spanner

-Knife

-Monokuma File 5

Beau- Since Zoom's murder isn't included....that makes Olive rather suspicious!

Olive- Are you serious?! I would never kill anyone! I mean, seriously? Didn't we already use me as a suspect?

Samurai- Yeah, but last time, you altered the scene to make it look like you...

Olive- N-not the point!

Nimbus- So since the murder her best friend committed was left out...that makes her the culprit automatically?

Beau- Obviously...she left her friend out of this!

You got that wrong!

"She left out her friends...? I don't think so, Beau!"

"Hm? What are you talking about?"

"Remember the rope that was used? That was from Lock's death, the suicide of Olive's own friend.....are you seriously saying she left out her friends?!"

"Ur...." Beau rubbed the back of head. "Fair...fair enough..."

"It's not like you to shout out an accusation like that, Beau..." B says.

"Why the fuck do you care?! Learn your place and shut up!"

"W-why do you hate me?!"

B says one thing....and Beau feels the need to be a total bitch.... "She is right though..." Serenade says. "You don't usually throw accusations around"

"True...but I just want this trial over fast..."

"Why...?"

"This is the fifth trial..." she simply says.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Samurai asks.

"....it doesn't matter...never mind..." She turns away.

"So, if it wasn't Olive...isn't there someone else that it could be...?" Grimdark says with a smirk.

"Oh geez, now you're gonna accuse someone?" Olive says annoyed.

"Of course....because there is someone rather suspicious...Orion!"

"I beg your pardon?!" The silver unicorn yelped.

"The circumstances of the crime scene can attest to my theory..."

"Circumstances...?" Serenade raises an eyebrow. "What do you mean...?"

"Allow me to elaborate...the hook on the ceiling..."

"The hook?" Samurai repeated. "Why the hook?"

"Because...I believe it was used to dangle one of the weapons...namely, the knife...they're in perfect alignment, that can't be a coincidence, right?"

"He's got a point...but what does this have to do with the murder...?"

"I remember hearing about Gold's murder from B" Grimdark looks at the deceased gamer's portrait. "Everyone had a weapon in their room...Orion...what was yours?" Orion seemed very composed up until now. "I believe it's a knife, am I wrong...?"

"N...no, you are not..." She says.

"But Orion is not the culprit, do not jump to such conclusions like that without any real basis for your claims!" Nimbus yells at Grimdark.

"Hmph....is that a challenge?"

"You...you better not!"

Non-Stop Debate

Evidence Bullets

-Ceiling Hook

-Hammer

-Olive's Theory

-Hammer's Testimony

-Globe

Grimdark- If Olive isn't the culprit...then Orion is!

Nimbus- What kind of basis do you have for such a claim against her?!

Grimdark- Well, first of all, she's a unicorn, so she could dangle the knife above Hammer with the ceiling hook...

Samurai- But couldn't B or Nimbus do the same thing? They're both unicorns as well

Grimdark- Whilst that is true...she also had the same type of weapon in her room

Olive- That's true but...couldn't it be something else...?

Agreed!

PreviousChapters Next