• Published 28th Mar 2014
  • 5,268 Views, 237 Comments

Equestria Girl. Wait, What's Equestria? - Bysen



Set in the Equestria Girls-iverse, a girl named Twilight Sparkle is starting the year at a new school. Unforuntately last year there was another girl named Twilight who came from another dimension, turned into an angel and fought a demon. It was cool

  • ...
35
 237
 5,268

PreviousChapters Next
Monday Part 5 - Re-in-stall'd

Dramatic Reading that does more harm than good!

Twilight had run back to the toilets. Back to the same stall she’d been in before. She wasn’t hiding this time though, she was… “BWAAAAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!” she held herself up with one hand and kept most of her hair out of the way with the other. Her body may have frozen but it had quickly unfrozen. Needless to say she wished it hadn’t with the effects of all this stress caused.

Twilight hadn’t eaten all day so all she was throwing up was stomach acid. Her throat and nose burned but at least it didn’t stink of bad lunch. She flushed for the third time, thinking it was over… “BWAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!” she flushed for the fourth time thinking it was over. Thankfully it actually was this time.

Wiping the yellowish-clear bile from her chin, she spat and blew her nose into the toilet. She’d have worried about how much of a mess she looked if it had even occurred to her right now, but that was far from the front of her mind. She’d just humiliated herself in front of nearly a thousand people and… oh god, just thinking about it made her want to vomit again.

Grabbing some loo roll, much more than she needed, she wiped her face. Removing spittle and tears alike. She wasn’t sure if the tears were from what had happened or just part of throwing up. Likely both. It didn’t help that every time she sniffled, her nose burnt like a chilli had been shoved up it. She blew her nose again into the paper in a vain attempt her get the burniness out.

She flushed the paper down and just stayed there; on her knees bent over the toilet with her head still slightly inside the bowl. Five, maybe ten minutes passed before she heard the door outside the stall open as someone walked in. A moment later there was a knock, followed by “Twilight?” came her friend’s voice. And not of those people who said they were her friends. One of her actual friends.

“How’d you find me Silverspoon?” Twilight replied, pulling her head out of the rim.

“Those five and Sunset Shimmer are all standing outside trying to figure out what to do. They didn’t want me to come in here but I told them to shove it. And that Rainbow Dash threatened to punch me if I went in… it still hurts.” Sil sighed as she put her hand on her shoulder and leant against the stall’s door.

“Then why did you… you heard me right? The whole school did? Hhm-oh god!” Twilight shuddered as the urge to purge hit her again. “That whole damn speech went over the P.A.-system. And I… I heard Rainbow Dash threaten everyone. I guess I should thank her but, I’m not sure how I feel about that.” Twilight paused before continuing with “You heard me. You heard her! Why are you here? Go away!”

“Yeah, I heard you. And I know that’s what you actually said, but if this isn’t what you actually mean, I’ll leave. I’m not one of those people who knew that other you. I met you today for the first time. We like the same books, we both read like lightning and, well… you’re the only other nerdy chick at this school who isn’t a complete dork. I was hoping that we were friends. And if we are… then, I’m here to try help out a friend.”

Twilight didn’t reply. Sil was right. She’d been so focused on all the bad stuff today… no don’t use that cliche, there was a ton of bad stuff and focusing on that was completely justifiable. But still, some good had come out of it at least. “Look, Sil, you can help me if you want. You said those other girls are outside? Can you get rid of them for me?”

“Already did. Diamond Tiara’s bodyguard chased them off.”

“They let her have a bodyguard during school?”

“School finished almost half an hour ago. So, everyone else is gone too. Only person out this is maybe Diamond Tiara.” Sil said as she knocked on the door once more. “So, you wanna come out here or what?” Sil almost fell as the door opened. “Wow… you look a lot better than I expected. But… I’d give your hair at least a finger brush, uh… I’d wash my hands first though…” she said, putting her arm around Twilight’s waist, walking/pulling her towards the sinks.

Twilight took a look at herself in the mirror. There was another person that looked exactly like this somewhere out there. But she wasn’t here and she was… that sounded confusing but somehow made sense. Twilight rinsed her face of all the dried ucky-ness and Sil offered her a hair brush. After a few moments she'd made herself look… adequate. It was as good as she was going to get given her state.

Twilight was still far from over all this. Holding herself up right with a hand against the sink, her stomach still felt like a roller coaster, and her throat and nose were still burning and slightly runny. Eventually she was at the ‘good enough’ stage. And soon after, she left the bathroom. Cautiously, she got Sil to check outside first. No one was there, not even Diamond Tiara.

“It’s clear. No one’s around.” Sil said as Twilight peered out the door, then pulled herself through, keeping one hand on the door for balance. She didn’t really need it at this point but tell that to her subconscious. “So you’re heading home I guess. You need a ride?” Sil said, pulling out her phone. “I can get Die’s chauffeur to…”

“I’m heading to the principal’s office. I’m transferring out of this school.” Twilight said as she started walking off. She then turned around and took a few steps back to Sil. “Um… which way is it?”

“Hehe… follow me.” Sil giggled and led her friend off. It wasn’t that far from the toilets, probably another reason so few people used these ones. Thirty second walk at most. So roughly thirty seconds later, they were there. Sil had laughed at first but in the slightly awkward silence she’d had a moment to think about what Twilight had actually said. “So, you’re defiantly leaving?”

“I am. But I’m not doing it defiantly. I’m not trying to spite you or anything. I’m just…”

Sil laughed again. “I mean definitely, I just say defiantly. It started as a joke but, I kinda started actually saying it. Like ‘lol’ or ‘swag’. I used to say them ironically… now I actually say it.” she said with an undeniable tinge of shame in her voice. “But, do you really have to leave. I’m sure the worst is over.”

“Are you trying to say you’ll miss me?” Twilight said in both saying it for her and asking if that’s really what she meant.

“Kinda, sorta, yeah.”

“We can stay in touch. I have your number, I’ll call you, maybe.”

“Will you.?” Sil stated more than asked.

“Kinda, sorta… probably not.” Twilight sighed. It seemed mean to abandon a friend like this but… they’d only just met today. In a way Silverspoon actually seemed more clingy than thoughtful. “Look, Sil. I can’t stay here, I.. I just can’t, okay. I’m sorry if you think we’re friends but we only just met. I WILL try and call you sometime but I just don’t want to be here and I don’t want you trying to guilt trip me into staying.”

“Relax, I get it.”

“You do?”

“Of course. We only just met today. I’ll miss you but… I’ll probably forget in a week or two. No offence.” Sil said casually. And it didn’t offend Twilight. In fact it cheered her up dramatically. That’s exactly what she wanted to be. A forgettable face in a crowd that didn’t stand out but if she really wanted to, had some friends who’d be there if she needed them for anything.

“None taken.” she said as she put out her hand to shake it. “I’ll see you around maybe, I guess.”

Sil put her hand out in turn but instead grabbed Twilight’s hand, moved it to the side and said “No hands.” and pulled her into a hug. Twilight flinched for a moment, awkwardly trying to escape this girl’s embrace. Many thoughts went through her head, her least favourite of which was the fact that she knew if her brother’s girlfriend Cadence could see this she’d be saying ‘I ship it.’

Needless to say, it was awkward being hugged. She’d never been hugged like this before. Well, sure she’d hugged her parents, her brother and Cadence but she’d never had a friend hug her. She’d never had a friend who actually seemed to care before. Now she did. After a short amount of time, Twilight realised they’d been hugging for just a bit too long and pulled away. But that didn’t stop her from having a great smile on her face as she did.

Twilight spoke first “Alright. I’m definit… defiantly calling you. Um… not because of… that, or anything.” she said blushing. “Just, we both read and you’re… kinda nerdy like me and… yeah.” ok, this was seriously starting to sound like flirting. That was broken fast enough though.

“Hey, don’t call me a nerd.” Sil said. But she wasn’t offended; just making a little scene. “I guess it’s better than ‘valley girl’… or whore. Fine I’m a nerd.” she laughed. “So… you’ll call me sometime, and I’ll get your number from… speaking of…”

“Speaking of what?” Twilight asked at the sudden interruption.

Sil reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone. “It’s Die… oh crap!” she said, flipping her wrist and looking at her watch. “Remember that chauffeur I mentioned?” Twilight nodded. “Well he’s leaving in five minutes with or without me.”

“Well you better hurry then.”

“Yeah. I’ll see ya. And, call me ok.” Sil said, before adding “Please?”

“Yeah. I’ll call. I promise.” she said with a smile that was returned by Sil briefly before she ran off to the front of the school. Which proved exactly how little Twilight knew about the school seems she would’ve guessed that was the way to the back of the school.

But Sil had been right. Twilight had focused on all the bad stuff and ignored the good stuff about this new school. She’d made a new friend and despite how much, or how little rather, history showed her hanging with her old friends… this seemed different. Sil was someone who she could relate to and actually seemed to care. Not just a friend of necessity of being in the same homeroom or just keeping in touch from when they met as kids. She may’ve been Twilight’s first true friend.

Yeah, today had been a good day.

Author's Note:

Before things go further I want to state that yes Silverspoon is being nice to Twilight and that's quote 'out of character'. No, she's acting like she would with a friend, like she would if Diamond tiara was upset about something.
That being said, she is still a bit of a jerk to people she doesn't like.

I had more detail in the throw-uppy scene but it came off a little gross and the words ‘on her knees in a toilet’ and ‘face covered in multiple bodily fluids’ made things seems a lot different than they were intended.

~Delete scene - to reference heavy.
She thought she got what Sil was doing, REALLY hoped so at least or otherwise what she said next was just going to be even awkwarder. “It’s guy love…”

“That’s all it is.”

And Twilight relaxed. Then panicked and added “That was a Scrubs joke right?” with a slight hint of urgency to the words.

“Yes, it’s a Scrubs joke. There’s nothing gay about it…”

“In our eyes…” they both said in unison. before laughing at how homo what they’d just done and said was. Once they calmed down.

PreviousChapters Next