• Published 28th Mar 2014
  • 5,268 Views, 237 Comments

Equestria Girl. Wait, What's Equestria? - Bysen



Set in the Equestria Girls-iverse, a girl named Twilight Sparkle is starting the year at a new school. Unforuntately last year there was another girl named Twilight who came from another dimension, turned into an angel and fought a demon. It was cool

  • ...
35
 237
 5,268

PreviousChapters Next
Thursday Part 3 - A New Challenger Swoops In!

Twilight was slightly late but Discord was even later still. Fluttershy was already in her seat next to Twilight’s when she walked in and took her own. “Good morning Fluttershy.” she said and got a polite nod hello in return as she sat down. Fluttershy hadn’t quite gotten past her nervous demeanor towards her but at least she hadn’t completely clamped up like yesterday. Twilight just began to organize her books in a way that showed Fluttershy her textbook as well because if her impression of Discord was correct, she’d learn more from Fluttershy than him.

The class was meant to have started about five minutes ago now and their teacher still hadn’t arrived. Twilight had finished setting up by this point and was engrossed in just fiddling with one of her pencils. So much so that she didn’t notice someone taking the seat beside Fluttershy until that person had said quite loudly “Well, I’ll be… I haven’t seen you in ages!”

Twilight looked up at the girl two seats over from her, likely another person who’d known the other her. She was a about to speak up when Fluttershy beat her to it with “Gilda?”

“Damn straight.” the white [with purple tips] haired girl responded. “Miss me since primary school Flutters?” Gilda said as she put an arm out and over Fluttershy’s shoulder. She clearly didn’t like the contact with this new girl and tried to pull away, only to be pulled in closer to her. Fluttershy made a meek squeaking sound before Gilda let her go. “You haven’t changed a bit…” Gilda snickered.

Still in close to this newcomer, Fluttershy eventually composed herself enough to say “Well um, actually… I like to think I’ve changed a lot. And, would you mind awfully… letting go of me please?” she said ‘assertively’. Gilda released her and Fluttershy moved her seat slightly further away from Gilda, closer towards Twilight now. And Gilda noticed.

“Tss… yeah… you’ve totally changed.” she remarked sarcastically. And either Fluttershy didn’t pick up on it or chose to ignore it.

“Thank you.” she said with a smile. Gilda just sighed and leant back in her chair. Half slumped backwards over her chair, she was able to see past her old ‘friend’ to Twilight, who was looking right back at her. You know that awkward moment when you meet eyes with someone you don’t know but neither of you look away?...

“Hi.” Twilight said nervously. “I’m Twilight.” she offered, already knowing the girl’s name was Gilda but hoping to get an introduction in return.

Instead Gilda just leant back towards her desk and said to Fluttershy “So, this your new squeeze after Rainbow Dash?”

Fluttershy didn’t quite understand and asked “I’m sorry, my new what?”

“Don’t worry about it.” Gilda said with a slight laugh, looking past Fluttershy to a slightly blushing Twilight who clearly knew what that phrase meant. She reached into her bag, which you’re not meant to bring into a science class, total rebel, and pulled out her textbook, roughly dropping it on her table. And at that moment Discord entered the room. Gilda had built up a sixth sense for knowing when to look like nothing had been going on.

The rest of the class passed pretty much the same as yesterday’s: with Twilight learning more from Fluttershy than from their teacher. Not that Discord was a bad teacher, he just wasn’t a good one. There was one difference though. Twilight couldn’t hear most of what was being said but Gilda would make some bad joke towards Fluttershy every couple of minutes. And it was obviously annoying the girl.

As much as Twilight wanted to stay out of it, she doubted that Fluttershy would speak her mind about what Gilda was doing. So as much as she didn’t want to, Twilight had to have a word with Gilda. Which was just as awkward seems she had to have it past Fluttershy sitting between them. “Hey, Gilda?” she asked.

“Yeah Purps?” she replied.

“Would you mind being a bit quieter and letting me and Fluttershy work in peace?”

“Would you mind minding your own beeswax? I’m trying to catch up with my old friend here Egghead.” she said both sarcastically and meaning it. If that’s possible. Twilight however…


“What did you just call me?” Egghead was one of Twilight's few buttons, and Gilda had pressed it. <Insert childhood trauma from kindergarten flash-back here.>

“‘Egghead’?” Gilda replied. Fluttershy, now caught in the middle of what was going to be a heated discussion shrunk down into her chair.

Twilight leaned in close, and over Fluttershy’s desk a little. “Listen. I am TRYING to be nice here so I will ask you again. Would you kindly shut up.” she said with grit teeth. It was a statement, not a question.

“Oh sure, of course I can Egghead.” Gilda answered. That’s when Twilight stood up out of her chair. And that’s when Discord tapped her on the shoulder from the side she wasn’t looking.

“Did you need something Twilight? I assume that’s why you’re standing up.” he said, having been watching the whole thing, since before Twilight had even spoken up. As much as he liked Fluttershy, he did so enjoy a little discomfort and cringe humour at others expense from time to time. Now only stepping in before things got out of hoof… err, I mean hand. “If you need to go to the bathroom, you’re excused.”

Twilight turned to Discord trying not to scowl, she managed to hold back a huff and quickly walked past him and out of the classroom. To say she was mad was an understatement. Seriously, she had some big issue with being called ‘egghead’. She went off to the nearest bathroom, which just happened to be the same bathroom as always, huffing and puffing, frowning all the way.

By the time she got there, most of the anger had passed, now just replaced with annoyance, and that was slowly turning to sadness in turn. It wasn’t enough to make her cry or anything, just enough to make her generally feel like crap. There was probably a good twenty minutes left until the end of the period. And Twilight spent a full nineteen of them just sitting in one of the stalls seething before she eventually returned to her class.

She walked slowly back to Biology, and by the time she arrived the bell had rang and most everyone had left for their next class. Including Gilda. Twilight expected to get a few words from Discord about taking so long but didn’t get any. Instead she just collected her books and was glad it was over and done with. Next up was History. Which meant she may have to speak with that witch Summer Sunset. That sounded offensive, but it was meant literally.

She’s a witch.

Author's Note:

So.... there was a reason I took a few weeks off of this story to write Gildaloo.
No. I'm not adding a Gilda tag. She was meant to be a 'big reveal' and surprise unlike Trixie. That being said, she has a HUGE story arc coming up that you will either love or hate. Honestly, it was something I planned from day... well, not day 1 but at least since I started planning for more than 1 day. Point is, it was part of the original week's plot line but I kinda thin it's a mistake now.
But I've already written it so who knows.

Oh right, talking about THIS chapter. I assume we've all seen Lesson Zero so we all get the kindergarten trauma reference without having to go into more detail than <insert flash back here> and I like to think that Twilight secretly utterly DISTAINS being called 'Egghead' but puts up with it because they're friends. Because Element of Friend-zoning RD.
And as for Twilight's rather fast swing of moods between the class and the bathroom, well I believe Yoda said it best - "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hatred. Hatred leads to suffering..."
And I belieb The Vault Tech said it bettera with - "Peace is a lie. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

PreviousChapters Next