• Published 28th Mar 2014
  • 5,268 Views, 237 Comments

Equestria Girl. Wait, What's Equestria? - Bysen



Set in the Equestria Girls-iverse, a girl named Twilight Sparkle is starting the year at a new school. Unforuntately last year there was another girl named Twilight who came from another dimension, turned into an angel and fought a demon. It was cool

  • ...
35
 237
 5,268

PreviousChapters Next
Sportsday Part 2 - Arrival.

“Yo, Rainbow Dash!”

“Gilda?” said Rainbow Dash with mild shock as she turned to the person who’d just yelled her name. “Gosh, I haven’t seen you since primary school!” she called back as she faster-than-jogged-but-slower-than-ran over to meet her old friend. The two greeted each other with a hug.

A ‘manly’ hug. The type where you thump the other person’s back hard with the palm of your hand. It was clear Gilda was bigger than Dash, always had been, but this close together like they were now the difference was nearly a whole second Dash worth. Gilda's shoulder span was nearly twice Rainbow Dash's and her chin came to just about Dash's head.

Of course with that said: Dash was a tiny thing. Sleek, slender and fast. As they pulled away from one another Gilda spoke up first “Still flying the Rainbow Flag huh?” she joked, indicating to Dash’s hair.

Dash sighed. “I’m not gay Gilda.” she replied with a bemused tone.

“Right of course you’re not.” Gilda said sarcastically, before continuing with “And neither am I…” still sarcastically. But in a sarcastic sarcastic voice.

“So you’re… wuh?” Dash asked. Then realising she was just being baited. She hadn’t changed at all. “Please tell me you’re here to sign up for my team.” Dash said. She’d been here watching the game her try-out-ers had been playing for a couple of minutes now. Watching, analyzing. judging their every movement. And was far from impressed. There were over sixty or se7enty people trying for eleven spots on only three teams with more people surely to come soon.

Really it was only ten spots though since now she was only coaching one team, she could dedicate herself to the team instead of having her attention split between them. Leaving her open to actually playing on one of those teams for once instead of just taking a substitute spot for if things got dicey. And most likely Spitty and Soarin’ would be taking a place in their teams too.

“Hadn’t planned on it.” Gilda said casually mocking her old friend… “What’s the team for? Soccer by the looks of it.” Gilda asked and answered, looking past Dash just in time to catch a comic glimpse of two people going for the ball at the same time and crashing in to each other. She chuckled at them… then realised neither had gotten up yet. It was actually a REALLY bad crash.

Ignoring that, Gilda continuing speaking with Dash as she started slowly onto the field, Dash following along beside her. “So I’ll take that as a yes then. In that case, let me give you a word of advice. See that girl in the stensen?”

“The what?”

“The cowboy hat. When we split up the group, stick with her.” Dash said, before a brief moment of panic hit her as she saw something out of the corner of her eye. She hastily followed up with “Yes. This is the right place for the soccer try-outs!” in some of the worst acting anyone had ever seen. “Now go hop on the field and you might get picked.” she then turned around and added “Soarin’! Spitfire!...” hoping to cover up that she had just poached a ringer for her team.

“Who was that Rainbow?” Spitfire asked as they two approached, her arm over Soarin’’s shoulder. She pulled him in for a kiss, making sure Dash couldn’t just disregard them. Make her know… make her jealous. Her eyes gave away her intention. They were sharp and pointed, instead of her usual lazily-open-stoned look she had.

“Uh… I get it already.” Dash sighed. “It’s Soarin’’s fault, not mine. He could’ve said at any time you two had hooked up over the break. But no, he just let me keep on going and making an arse out of myself.” finished Dash, folding her arms and glaring at him. His usual not-heavy-but-deep-bags-under-his-eyes-that-also-made-him-look-kind-of-stoned expression held fast.

At least until Spitfire started glaring at him too. She knew he hadn’t said anything. Still, she couldn’t blame a guy for having someone like Rainbow Dash hitting on them. God know she wouldn’t stop Rainbow Dash hitting on her. “So who was that big chick?” Spitfire asked with either a knowing look or a completely blank look. If her face wasn’t serious, there was very little difference between her expressions usually.

“Her? Oh, just some new girl. Wanted to know if this is where the soccer try-outs where.” Dash answered. Covering her lie only slightly better than Applejack would’ve.

“Uh-huh… so the people playing soccer wasn’t a giveaway?” Spitfire replied…

“Hey, I’m as surprised as you are. Some people huh?” Dash was starting to sweat at this point.

“Sounds to me you don’t think she’s that smart. What would she say if she knew her friend was making fun of her?”

“Probably just say ‘look whose talking...’. “ Dash answered. then realise “I mean, she’s not my friend, I don’t know her at all.”

“Alright.” Spitfire said, finally calming Rainbow Dash as she thought she'd gotten away with it. “How’d she know your name then?” oh for the love of…

“Well uh… you see… the, the assembly! Yeah, she must’ve seen me up on stage. I’m sure she would’ve called you out by name too if she'd seen you.”

“Oh right, guess that makes sense.” Spitfire answered. For lying horribly, Dash had actually covered herself half decently. In fact, Spitfire even took her arms off of Soarin’ and began to walk off towards her part of the field. She was just past Dash when she stopped though “How’d you know her name then?”

“W-what are you talking about?”

“She called out to you, you called back. ‘Gilda’ or something? Seems like you know her.”

“I… I… you heard all of it didn’t you.” Dash finally gave up.

“No. But I went to Cloudsdale in primary school too remember.” she told her friend with a smug smile.

“Yeah we- wait, you went there too?” Dash asked and realised.

“Yeah. What, you didn’t know that?”

“Nope.”

“Doesn’t matter. But yeah, I know you know Gilda. And I remember her too. School’s second fastest runner after you. Of course she would’ve been third if I had gotten active back then.”

“You know, you could’ve just told me you knew…” Dash replied with an annoyed tone.

“I could’ve… but Soarin’ isn’t the only one who likes to see you sweat.” she meant both metaphorically and literally. As she began to walk off once more.

“She may’ve been the third fastest, but you’d still only've been the second. Right. After. Me.” calling her out. The two of them had tied last year during the sports carnival in all the 100m, 200m, 500m, 1000m and 2000m races. Literally down to the fillisecond. One of them had technically won each of those events by randomly having their hand out further while mid stride but according to the high-speed/ifruit phone footage both of their bodies crossed at the same time. Oh, and Soarin’ usually came third. Sometimes fourth. Seventh in the 2000.

And needless to say, that had set Spitfire off. She spun back around, her serious face set fast [pun intended] on Rainbow Dash. “Is that a challenge?” she replied with a slight giggle. Soarin’ found it absolutely adorable. Dash didn’t back down and gave a firm nod. “Alright then, how about this. Whoever’s team wins the most matches chooses what they other team’s coach has to wear for the last week of the semester!”

“Uh… that sounds good and all.” agreed Dash. There was just one problem. “But last year all our teams won all our matches against other schools. The only matches our school didn’t win were against our other teams.”

“Exactly!” Spitfire replied. Then Dash realise what this contest actually was. Both of them had absolute faith that their own teams could beat any other school’s. The only one they’d lose was against each other. “So, we have a deal?” Spitfire asked, extending a hand to shake on it.

“Still a problem with that.” Dash replied and pointed her thumb back over her shoulder at Soarin’. “I can bet he’ll throw his match for you. The only way to make it fair is if he’s in on the bet too!”

“Oh no, I am NOT getting in on a bet I’ll lose.” he said, knowing both of them would likely beat him. “Besides, this whole bet got started because you poached that she-hulk.” he said, looking out over the field towards Gilda. Her breasts where huge by the way. At least that's the main thing Soarin' saw. Easily a double D held barely in place by a sports bra that had to be struggling as she zigzagged across the field dribbling ball.

“Uh c’mon Soarin’.” Spitfire said in a slightly seductive tone. It then shifted to an even sultrier one with “Just think of how you could make the two of us dress…” she said as she slung her arm over Dash’s shoulder and moved in even closer to her than she had been with him earlier.

He just stared at them blankly for the moment. They could both tell he was dreaming up costumes for them. Dash would’ve been a little concerned about the fact that Spitfire had just sold her body out to Soarin’ if Soarin’ actually had a chance of winning. After a few moments more he lightly mutters “Leena. Toros. Swimsuit.” and marched past the both of them. Then, with a voice that could rival Iron Will’s, powered by the thoughts of potential four-piece swimsuit [yes, that is very much a real thing] he yelled “ALL RIGHT!!! EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!!

“I think he’s in.” Spitfire said removing her arm from Dash. They both laughed at his misguided hopes and dreams before falling in beside him to address the try-out-ees.

“Go to one of this field’s goal nets or the next field's closest nets! Each of us will pick a group at random and that’s who’ll be your team captain. GO!!!” Soarin’ commanded. It was a fair system they’d came up with off-stage just after the assembly. Though they never expected Soarin’ to be the one to announce it. And at that moment, Dash started to get concerned that Spitfire had just sold her body out to Soarin’, and if his confidence now was any indication, he actually stood a chance of winning.

All the more incentive for Dash to win then! She too had some plans for his outfit. A combination of Pinkie’s ideas and Rarity’s ability to actually make those ideas real. Dash turned to the two of them “So I got AJ’s team and you guys Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock for the other teams right?”

“I still think you rigged it.” Soarin’ replied, still imagining the possibilities.

“Spitfire came up with this like twenty minutes ago, how could I have set anything up since then if I haven’t even spoken with Applejack yet?” she lied. Although it was a question not a statement so technically not a lie.

She was prepared to defend her words further, but instead of objecting like she’d thought he/they would, he instead replied with “Hoho, deal. You got Applejack’s team!” he said blatantly smiling. She had Gilda and Applejack on her team, what could go wrong… of course it was completely possible that Gilda had ignored her and hopped on in with another group.

Dash dreaded for a moment before she turned to see her team assembling and… oh crap.

Author's Note:

Primary school is Australian equivalent of elementary school.
Deleted line: Gilda had a rugby player’s shoulders… because seems we’re playing soccer, why not throw in another non-American sport while we’re at it? There’s no such thing as football in Humanquestria.
Also this one: Her breasts where huge BTW. That may seem random but you’ll understand when you read the deleted/rewritten scene in the authors notes later.

I'm not saying Spitfire's a stoner, I'm just saying she looks like one and Soarin' constantly looks like he needs sleep.
Leena Toros swimsuit. Google it. There's no good individual image to link but collectively on google images you'll get the idea. That or watch Zoids New Century episode 21 [?].



Deleted scene - too violent. Save that for Gilda’s thing later. And because I want it to be more of a friendly rivalry.
And needless to say, that had set Spitfire off. She spun back around, her serious face set fast [pun intended] on Rainbow Dash. “Listen here RD. Just because you won three of those races doesn’t mean shit! We both broke the school’s track-academy record and I am just as fast as you are! Even with my tits!” she declared loudly, poking Dash in the chest.

“Are you calling me flat?!” she was. In both meanings.

“No… I’m just saying that you’d be perfectly fine in a contact sport with how much padding you’ve got in there.” Dash pushed Spitfire’s hand aside and stepped forward, full on fronting in her face. Soarin’ was not complaining.

“At least I have pads. Have you forgotten eighth grade? Your infamous ‘Red Wetting’.” and that’s when Soarin’ stopped seeing it as not a hot cat-fight and as what it really was: two very strong wimonz about out beat the ohut out of each other. He stepped up and pushed them both apart. “Get your hands off perv!” Dash lowly-yelled. He’d ‘accidentally’ put his hand on her chest to push them away from each other. So of course he took the first punch.

PreviousChapters Next