• Published 28th Mar 2014
  • 5,268 Views, 237 Comments

Equestria Girl. Wait, What's Equestria? - Bysen



Set in the Equestria Girls-iverse, a girl named Twilight Sparkle is starting the year at a new school. Unforuntately last year there was another girl named Twilight who came from another dimension, turned into an angel and fought a demon. It was cool

  • ...
35
 237
 5,268

PreviousChapters Next
Frinight

The owl had crashed through her window, shattering it trying to catch the lizard. The poor thing had knocked itself out in the crash. That wasn’t the worst part however as it’s wing appeared to be broken, flopped over on it’s back. It wasn’t breathing very heavily either but that could’ve just been because such a small creature’s chest doesn’t rise that much when it does breath, or it was just unconscious and not feeling the pain… yet.

“Are you alright Twilight?” OC asked as he hid the chain and knelt down beside her, avoiding the glass as best he could. Spike, all the while still growling and occasionally barking beside them. She looked at him, clearly scared and just nodded. It was a small thing. Only just taking up more than her cupped hands. “Is… it, alright?” and without waiting for an obvious answer, now knowing his daughter was safe, he stood up and began out of the room. “I’ll call a vet.”

“That’s a good idea.” she said as he went off. Five minutes later. “That was a bad idea…” she muttered. She was annoyed but not so much at her father who’d tried and failed to call a vet but at the four veterinary clinics he’d called that all closed at 5pm. Because as everyone knows it’s a scientifical fact that no animal has ever hurt itself after business hours. Well, one of them actually closed at 6pm but that still didn’t really help right now either.

The little owl was still shallowly breathing but Twilight still had no idea what to do with it. Part of her said it would be kindest just to put it down but another part of her said some stuff that if my baby-talk is anything near accurate roughly translated to ‘but it’s so cuuute’. She was pretty sure there was an animal cage in the attic that they’d taken Spike home in when he was a tiny little puppy. Well, tinier than the cute widdle thing he is now.

The idea of keeping the owl in that until the morning seemed like a good idea but there was the likely chance that it would wake up before they could take it to a vet to fix it’s wi- “Fluttershy!”

“What was that Twilight?” Orian asked as he stepped back into the room with the animal cage which was actually made of cardboard and looked more like a large takeaway container than an animal transport. He placed it down on the computer table then opened the top.

Twilight came over to her bench and gently lowered the bird into the box, leaving it open as she answered her father’s question. “A girl from school. She’s training to become a vet and I’m sure she’d know what to do or maybe even know a vet we could take the little fella to.”

“That’s great Twilight. Have you got her number?”

“Well.... no.”

“How about someone who has her number?”

“I… don’t think so.” Twilight answered, trying to think of any reason either Sil, Die or Trixie would have it. Sure, it was possible that could number chain from there with one of them knowing someone who knows someone else who knows… but the fact that she didn’t even have Die or Trixie’s numbers herself and would have to get them off of Sil just to begin with was as far as she was willing to go down that chain as it is.

“What about LifeInvader.com?” Orien asked as he did a thumbs up and winked towards the camera and a small sparkle shone from one of his teeth. [This has been a paid promotion by LifeInvader.com which is totally not GTA’s parody of facebook]

“That’s… actually a good idea. Thanks Dad.” she said as she quickly sat down and loaded up a windows exploder page then typed in the URL. Once it loaded she clicked on the search tab and entered F-L-U-T-T-E-R-S-H-Y. 38000 matches. Damn those common names. She tried adding the city and school but still left her with over 20 matches.

“Any luck?” OC asked as he walked back into the roof, beer in hand. It had been about another five minutes since she’s started looking for this Fluffershe person on the site.

“No… I’ve clicked on every one of the matches for this area… at first I thought it would’ve been easier if I had her last name but now I just think she doesn’t even have a lifeinvader account. I mean… who DOESN’t have one these days?”

“Didn't you only get yours about a year ago because Shining Armour told you to?” Orion replied. Twilight simply groaned in defeat in response. “It’s alright Sweety. We’ll just keep him in the box over night and take him in to see a vet first thing tomorrow morning. I’ll find a small dish to put some water in and sort some of the fruit from some trail mix for him to snack on if he wakes up before then.”

“Thanks Dad.” she said as she stood from her chair and hugged him. “Oh. My. Celestia!”

“What?”

“Principal Celestia. She’s the principal! She’s guaranteed to have her student’s number. And I have her’s right here!” she said as she broke the hug and grabbed the pieces of paper Celestia had given her. Without even waiting for any sort of response from her father, she picked up her new phone, complete with swapped out simcard, and began to dial the number on the piece of paper. Before long, the dial tone rang.

And rang… and rang… and rang……….. you get the idea. She wasn’t answering the pho- “Hello, Celestia speaking.”

“Principal Celestia? It’s Twilight Sparkle.”

“Ah Twilight, my faithful student. How can I help this evening? You’re calling about your enrolment I assume.” she said. Twilight could easily hear the music in the background that strongly sounded of party or club music. Or, it sounded like the cliché movie version of it at least that was all Twilight was familiar with. It was a mobile number after all.

“No actually. See, there’s this owl and it crashed through my window and it’s really hurt and I tried calling a vet but they’re not open this time of day and then I thought of Fluttershy and her veterinary career path but I couldn’t find her online and so I figured you’d have her phone number since you’re the principal and all so do you?” she finished and inhaled deeply.

Afterwards Twilight's run-on sentence there was a brief moment of silence and Celestia let it sink in. “Yes, well. I’m afraid I can’t help you. While you’re right, I know the Fluttershy you’re speaking of, though under most circumstances I wouldn’t know one individual student by first name alone, and I do kn- have her number… available to me I’m afraid that I’m not allowed to disclose any student’s personal information to another student regardless of the reason. I’m sorry. If there’s anything else I can-”

“No. No you’re right. I understand. Sorry for bothering you.” and she hung up before anything further was said and laid the phone down on the table. Her hand had been off the phone for roughly a fillisecond before she grabbed it again and hit redial.

“Hello Twilight.” Celestia answered.

“Hey, sorry about that.” Twilight answered back. “Listen. I know you can’t, as a authority figure give me Fluttershy’s number but could you as his sister, give me Discord’s instead?” she asked, hoping this plan would work.

“Well, I uh, I suppose so but wouldn’t that course of action just end in the same result of him not being able to give out student’s information?”

“No. I have a hunch that he has Fluttershy’s number as a friend, not a teacher, and if I’m right then that means he’s under no such restriction with regards to it.” she stated her hypothesis. There was a long pause in the conversation as Celestia said nothing.

Twilight could still hear the music in the background so the call hadn’t dropped. Though Twilight got the feeling Celestia had wished it had because after a pregnant moment Twilight heard in a far away enough voice that the phone wasn’t meant to have picked it up but Celestia must've raised her voice while saying “... his student!...” followed shortly by “...t’s creepy…” and there was clearly some stuff on either end of it that Twilight just couldn’t make out.

“Um… Principal Celestia?” Twilight asked nervously. “Hello?...”

“Yes, I’m still here. And yes, I can give you his phone number. It’s, have you got a pen?”

“I don’t need one.”

“Right… whatever. It’s 555 555 5555 (05). Got that?”

“Yes. Thank you.”

“Don’t mention it. No really. Don’t men- you hung up didn’t you?”

Author's Note:

Friday and Frinight are two completely different things so I totz didn't lie when I said the last chapter was the end of Friday. Don't worry though, it's only 1 of 2 before Saturday. Well... that's not strictly true but... whatever.
Also I'm pretty sure I've spelt OC's name in all possible spellings of it this chapter. Mostly because I couldn't remember which spelling I had used before.

PreviousChapters Next