• Published 28th Mar 2014
  • 5,268 Views, 237 Comments

Equestria Girl. Wait, What's Equestria? - Bysen



Set in the Equestria Girls-iverse, a girl named Twilight Sparkle is starting the year at a new school. Unforuntately last year there was another girl named Twilight who came from another dimension, turned into an angel and fought a demon. It was cool

  • ...
35
 237
 5,268

PreviousChapters Next
Season 1 Finale

The drive home was uneventful as always. Well, ‘always’ being only two days now but you get the idea. She didn’t linger in the car today like she did the day before. Instead she got right out and went right to the fridge. Not only hadn’t she eaten all day once again, but her being denied that wonderful snacky-cake had made her absolutely famished! Once more, the muffin was gone before she even got to her room.

Spike was asleep on her bed and although she had to walk him soon, she had a few things to take care of first. Twilight turned her computer on and pick up her phone while it booted.

‘hey lunch time wanna meet at the cafeteria?’ ‘ok 2nd lunch same place?’ ‘do u no where the caf is?’ ‘r u gettign these or r u out of cred?’ ‘lol jsut noticed if ur not getting these or have no cred how can u reply dot dot dot’

Twilight sighed at her missed messages from Silverspoon and said aloud “Why abbreviate so much then type out ‘dot dot dot’?” and quickly began to tap out a reply. ‘Sorry I missed these. Lunch at the cafeteria good for tomorrow? Can’t wait to meet your friend.’ and send.

Ten seconds later ‘sure no prob smiley face’. How did she even type that so fast? Not to mention time for the message to even get sent and arrive had to be at least two or three seconds each way.

Twilight replied to that with ‘How did you type the so fast?’ which took her a good minute to write out on her phone’s touch pad.

Ten seconds later ‘with a keyboard i’m at home on lifeinvader’. That was actually kinda obvious in retrospect. Twilight didn’t reply to that, feeling slightly stupid for not guessing. After all, she herself could type at 60 words a minute and could easily tap out this entire sentence in ten seconds flat. Instead she just opened a few pages and checked some posts she’d made yesterday. Only 1337 replies… down from her usual. She could never get enough karma on her Blueit page.

After about five minutes of looking at 50/50 posts and being slightly traumatized, but in a good way, one of her squeals of shock and laughter had awoken Spike who as always, jumped up into her lap. It was time for his walkies. She gave him a scratch behind the ears and lifted him off of her. She changed, he watched [intently], they went. The stairs, the leash, the door.

About an hour and a half later they arrived back home. It was as long a distance as it had been on Monday but done faster from not stopping at the shops for nearly a two hours this time but she'd left a bit later to start with. Her father was pulling his car into the driveway as she returned. “Hey Dad!” she called as she held Spike back from tackling him against the car.

“Hey Twilight.” Orian replied as he leant down in an attempt to pat Spike. Spike bit him. “Bastard!...” he said yanking his hand away with a nice new bite mark on it now. Despite what Twilight thought about this guy being a ‘little cute thing’, he was a vicious monster: perfect to protect his daughter… less perfect to have in his house at night. The beast scared him!

“I’ll wash up and start on dinner. Spag sound good?” it was Twilight's turn to cook dinner.

“Spag sounds horrible.” he quipped. “But luckily I know what it actually is, but really ‘spag’ just sounds horrible.” it was spaghetti bolognese. “So much spaghetti…” he drooled at the prospect, recalling his mom's old cooking. Twilight just chuckled and walked with him and Spike back inside. He flinched as she let Spike off his leash but he just ran back up to Twilight’s room. He went to the T.V. and she went back upstairs.

Twilight took a shower, got re-dressed and came back down stairs. Her mom wasn’t home yet but would be soon so she got out on an apron and began to prepare their meals. Aside from the pasta, it was all made from scratch, diced veggies, freshly ground beef, made from only the crappiest only-good-for-mincing quality meat. And half an hour later it was ready.

Twilight’s mother, Twilight Velvet, let’s just call her ‘Velvet’, arrived home just as Twilight had started setting up the plates. Monday had been Orion’s turn to cook… and that's why they had gotten pizza, and likely would get some sort of take away again tomorrow when it was his turn again. Yesterday had been Velvet’s turn to cook and today was Twilight’s. As good as hers and her mother’s cooking was, she still missed Shining Armour’s cooking every so often. No one could make corn dogs as good as he did.

Velvet plopped down into her seat exhausted. Some days at work where easy some were… today. Before Twilight had even brought over the bowl with all the actual food in it, she had already grabbed a piece of bread. “Eh hmm…” Twilight cleared her throat.

Velvet looked up at her daughter and despite being completely exhausted replied “Oh. Hi Twilight. How was your day.” in reverse roles of what had happened on Monday. It was a silly old tradition between them if anyone had started eating dinner before even saying a word to one another. It was just your usual mother/daughter banter with as each other.

What wasn’t usual though was Twilight’s hesitation to answer. She looked away, and only just managed to cover it up by getting the bowl of pasta before placing it on the table. Both Orion and Velvet took notice of it, but didn’t put too much thought into it.

After that little mishap, conversation went on as normal. And by that I mean barely any words exchange beyond ‘thanks for cooking’ or ‘pass the whatever please’. As always, the first to finish dinner fed Spike and the last washed the dishes. Usually Twilight was the first to finish, not minding feeding Spike and absolutely HATING to do the dishes, but tonight she was eating slowly. Unlike before, both Orion and Velvet thought odd of this.

Orion was about to ask before she spoke up herself. “Dad, Mom. I’m, not quite sure how to say this…” Twilight began. She had to tell them. And honestly, she didn’t think they’d say no. But that didn’t make it any easier to say. After buying her a new car, well second-hand car but whatever. And… well that’s really all they’d done that would’ve been different to staying at her old school. But that was still a lot.

“Is there something on your mind? You look a little… flustered.” her father said, trying to get her to open up. Unfortunately, he then remembered what Shining had said when he’d asked something similar and thought ‘Oh dear god, please tell me my baby girl isn’t sexually active like he was!’ Looking flustered after a day at a new school… she’d met a boy at the very least! And suddenly Orion’s expression mimicked Twilight’s.

It was now or never for Twilight. Well more like now or tomorrow night instead but still. “Dad… I… can I bring my phone to school?” she chickened out.

“Ask your mother.” he answered without actually understanding the question until he’d already answered, only having prepared for it to be about a boy. Once he realized what she had actually said he let out a sigh and calmed dramatically. And dramatically sighed.

Twilight looked at him for a moment, noticing his expression changing but couldn’t quite figure out why. She then turned to her mom and asked again. “Mom, can I bring my phone to school tomorrow?”

“Ask your father…”

“Moooom!”

Both parents began to laugh slightly. Much to Twilight’s annoyance as she huffed and folded her arms. Eventually they quieted and her father spoke up. “Is that all? I thought you already did.” he answered as he slowly stopped chuckling.

“No, of course not.” Twilight replied, slightly confused but still much more annoyed. “When I first got my phone from Shining Armour you said I wasn’t allowed it at school and it was only for emergencies.”

“Twilight honey…” her mother said. “that was over five years ago. You were just eleven when he gave you his old phone. We just wanted to make sure you didn’t use it excessively.” Velvet began to explain but was cut off by her husband.

“Wait, wait, wait… so you haven’t been using that phone all that time?” Twilight just shook her head. “I’ve been paying forty-five dollars a month for nothing on that phone bill for five years?!” he half shouted at Twilight. Spike didn’t like this aggressive act towards his master and started to growl at Orion. That or he just wanted to be fed already. Orion looked at Spike and sighed before muttering some words under his breath. “... bill… mut…” was all Twilight could make out from it.

The girls just looked at him as he had a mini-break down before Twilight turned to her mother and asked “So?...”

“Yes you can bring your phone to school tomorrow. In fact I think you better now.” she said, tilting her head towards her husband.

“Two thousand, eight hundred and thirty-five dollars wasted…”

Author's Note:

Season 1 is over!
And yes, I apparently consider this to be in seasons.
What this actually mean is there's going to be a few weeks break here while I start publishing a shorter story I've been writing for the last few weeks that I wrote the first four chapters of about 6 months ago and then completely forgot about it.
You should read it.

Now for some actual notes about this chapter.
I face palmed three times rereading this glorious disaster.
This was written not long after GTA V was newly release and/or relevant.
Edit: This chapter may actually be coming out now around the time of the GTA V next gen release and thus is relevant again.
That little bit of back and forth between Twilight and Velvet back on Monday was meant to be setting up this joke and not seeming like she's a totalitarian house-lord. There was actually a lot on Monday that was set in motion with a lot of it planned to be reviled tomorrow [Thursday]. And honestly her not telling her parents is a complete copout to just extent the story line. But meh, it's a good story!
As for Thursday: Diamond Tiara meets Trixie. The return of Brad. A certain mom whose got it going on. And! Twilight's 4th new 'friend'.
All this, and moar in Eqestria Girl! Wait, What's Equestria? Season 2! Beginning Sepember 1th [firth]!!!~
Um... anime style season ending theme song?

PreviousChapters Next