• Published 28th Mar 2014
  • 5,268 Views, 237 Comments

Equestria Girl. Wait, What's Equestria? - Bysen



Set in the Equestria Girls-iverse, a girl named Twilight Sparkle is starting the year at a new school. Unforuntately last year there was another girl named Twilight who came from another dimension, turned into an angel and fought a demon. It was cool

  • ...
35
 237
 5,268

PreviousChapters Next
Friday Part 9 - Office-ial Business

The next 5-some-odd minutes of that class passed in awkward time, which was just like regular time except it’s really awkward. Eventually Maya regained control of her class [after several failed attempts] and managed to continue on with her lesson. She still had to do a report this though as she doubted either of those two had gone to see Luna in the head office. Seeing as Twilight’s table was down by two members anyway, she asked her and Zecora to take the note down there.

It was a small, very basic summary of what had happened and why Applejack had been sent there. If she was there at all. And why Rainbow Dash had just walked out of the class. She was understanding about why Ditzy had left and neglected to mention her leaving the classroom without permission.

“I believe it is this way, but I have my doubt. Perhaps we knock on a door and ask a teacher to find out.” Zecora said after Twilight asked if she knew where the head office was from here. Unfortunately Zecora was also new to the school this year and knew as much about it as Twilight did. Before Twilight could protest Zecora had followed through on her idea and walked up to the door of a classroom and knocked on the open frame.

“Yeah?” the teacher inside from inside. His nametag read Mr. Donkey. Which was by no means the weirdest name here.

“I am sorry for interrupting your class, but there is something I must ask. My friend and I have been given a note to send to the office. But we do not know where it is and was hoping you could help us. We’re both new to the school this year. Could you give us directions from here?” she asked as the man in front of the class deadpanned her.

He grumbled under his breath before “Hey Twilight, hey Zecora!” Pinkie Pie lowly-shouted as she waved from the back of the class where she was as far away from Cranky as he could put her. Twilight briefly raised a hand while Zecora put more effort into her wave and cheerful nod.

Thinking fast “Pinkie Pie. Why don’t you show them the way and get out of my hair for a few min-uh I mean, you know these two. Why don’t you help them out?”

“Sure thing Cranky!” she replied as she practically bound out of her seat and cleared the distance between her desk and the door in a fraction of a second. “I’ll be back in a giffy.”

“Take your time.” he told her as she put an arm over the shoulders of both Twilight and Zecora and forcefully pulled them into the hallway. She stopped about a step into her stride and let the two of them out of her arm-grip as the continuing on, because unlike her they were subject to the laws of motion.

“So. Where are we going?” Pinkie Pie asked even though she’d just been told. She’d barely left the classroom door and could still be heard by everyone inside. Just as easily as the three of them could hear Cranky’s bemused sighing-groan. “Oh right. The office. Let’s go!” she said as she threw an arm over each of their shoulders and dragged them off. Again.

In an unrealistic and unfathomably short amount of time later as Pinkie’s running somehow defied the laws of nature, the three arrived out front of of the main office block. “So… Principal Luna. Right? Where exactly is her office?”

“We’re standing right in front of it. Duh." Pinkie answered. “Now you go see Celestia about the thing with the stuff. We’ll take care of this thingy-thing here.”

Twilight looked at her. Then to Zecora who also had no idea how Pinkie knew to take them to Luna’s office. She then looked back to Pinkie who was still smiling like a… a thing that smiles a lot. Wordlessly, Twilight just backed away from the toothy-grin-faced girl and hoped Zecora would be alright with that girl by herself.

Pinkie was right though. And Twilight was glad she had been reminded about it. For some odd reason she’d not really thought about leaving this school very much today. It had happened of course, but nowhere near as much as yesterday or the day before. As Twilight walked the few metres away from her friends, she saw Principal Celestia’s office. But what caught her eye more was the toilets, at least the girl’s toilets, across from it had a big yellow cone out front of it with a sign on top that said ‘Close for Maintenance’.

Celestia's office was empty but the door was open. And there totally wasn’t an odd gap here where I skipped from when they met up with Pinkie up to here, planning to come back and fill it in later. No… absolutely not. Anyway, Twilight entered the room and took a seat in front of the desk. She waited for a solid five minutes for Celestia to arrive. It was stunted by the closed door but she could hear a toilet flush somewhere outside shortly before the door knob jingled and Celestia walked in. “Twilight… I’ve been expecting you.” she said, trying to hide her surprise. “Shouldn’t you be in class?”

“Yes, technically. I was sent to give a message to Principal Luna. And well, since I’m here to leave the school anyway…” she said with a mild chuckle that was thankfully received with a slight smile from Celestia. Twilight took her backpack off of one shoulder and swung it around to her front before beginning to riffle around through it looking for the paperwork.

Meanwhile, still sitting on the kitchen table in her house, Twilight Velvet looked down at the piece of paper before her. “I’m sure she’s figured out she didn’t take it by now…”

“Please don’t tell me I left it at home…” Twilight said after nearly a minute of checking every zipper in her bag.

Meanwhile, still sitting on the kitchen table in her house, Twilight Velvet looked down at the piece of paper before her. “I’m SURE she’s figured out she didn’t take it by now…” Velvet repeated to herself as she began to get a headache.

“I’m sorry Principle Celestia. I had the forms filled out… I must’ve…”

“It’s alright Twilight. You can just bring them in on Monday. And if need be I can even accept them over the weekend. You have my number on them for a reason.” with that said, the red blinking missed call light of her answering machine caught her attention for a brief moment. Which she then ignored. “So how are things with your new friend going?”

“Zecora?”

Celestia smiled. “I meant Silverspoon. But if you’ve made another friend that’s good to hear too.” Celestia said as she stood up from her seat and walked around to Twilight’s side of the table before taking a seat down beside Twilight in an adjacent chair. “Regardless of your future plans with my school, it is my duty to make sure that all of my students are doing well. And it brings me great joy to hear you are doing so.”

“Thanks… I guess. But you know I’m still leaving right?”

“Of course.”

“Good. It’s just that… you really seem like you’re trying to get me to stay. Saying I have friends here… which I do. Telling me to try out all of my classes… which I guess most are pretty good. Except Maths. And a lot of other small things. It just feel like you’re trying to guilt trip me into staying here.”

“Twilight…” Celestia began in a sweat tone. “of course I am. Every school in Equestria would do anything for a student like you. Flawless grades, guaranteed scholarship to any university, well behaved and good attendance. I absolutely want you to stay at my school for those reasons. But… what I said before is also true. It’s my duty to make sure all of my students are doing well. And that includes that they’re making the best choice for themselves. And while I believe staying at this school would be good for you, education wise, I am well aware that education isn’t the only thing younger people have to worry about at school. I have been trying to persuade you from leaving, but I’ve still offered you just as much help in doing so.”

“Thank you. For being honest with me.” Twilight replied. “I still plan on leaving but if you really think it’s best for me to stay, I’ll take that into consideration… it’s not TOO late. Yet.”

“And besides would you really like it if I was saying ‘Yes, leave. It’s for the best. Really, just go.’?” she said with hopefully faked exasperation.

“Good point.”

Author's Note:

I'll be honest, I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote Pinkie into this chapter. It honestly stumped me for a week before I said 'screw it, I'ma just get rid of her.'.

PreviousChapters Next