• Published 28th Mar 2014
  • 5,268 Views, 237 Comments

Equestria Girl. Wait, What's Equestria? - Bysen



Set in the Equestria Girls-iverse, a girl named Twilight Sparkle is starting the year at a new school. Unforuntately last year there was another girl named Twilight who came from another dimension, turned into an angel and fought a demon. It was cool

  • ...
35
 237
 5,268

PreviousChapters Next
Sportsday Part 4 - Tri Hard

There were a few people still doing whatever on the field. “First off, all of you still running around, you’re cut! There’s no room on this team for not following orders!”

“Awww… but I wasn’t even trying out.” Pinkie Pie said, still half deaf from the whistle Dash had blown before. Not because she had been close to it like Gilda had, but because of the first dog-frequency pitch it had made she’d heard quite clearly. She just continued to stand on the soccer ball and moved backwards by walking forwards.

Everyone of note, and Note Worthy too, were assembled in front of her now. “Now! Anyone who wants to leave now. Leave. Now! Because I will run you into the ground. We can NOT afford to lose a single game this semester! Do I make myself clear?!”

“Yeah!” came Scootaloo once more, along with one other overly enthusiastic roar and a few less enthusiastic replies from some others.

“Alright, I gave you your chance to leave. Now while wasn't able to cut everyone I wanted to, I have cut a lot of you. Bon-bon is cut. Flitter is cut. Zecora, I like your hustle! That’s why it was so hard to cut you. Congratulations, the rest of you can still make the team!” Dash said and paused for a moment. She then continued with “Except you, you and you. You’re all cut.” Dash said pointing to three people who might as well be blank silhouettes for how important they were to this story. “So that’s it then. We’ve 21 people left and only 11 spots and 2 subs. As for the rest of you, get back on the field and I'll assign you all a place!” she called as they all began to turn and run off. As they did Dash reached out and put her hand on one of their shoulders. She smiled ash she said "Oh Applebloom, you don't have to. You're cut."

This was team of excellence, and everyone here knew that. Dash seemed harsh but they knew she wasn’t just talking out of her arse when she said she aimed to win every game they played this semester. “Not a bad speech.” Gilda said. “So what position do you want me in?” she said wiggling an eyebrow. It had been a while since they’d seen each other, and while she was pretty sure Gilda was joking, Dash couldn’t help but wonder if she may’ve actually been gay… nah! God knows there’s been enough >implying going on about it.

“Centre fielder.” Dash answered with complete seriousness. She enjoyed making a joke or two but this was really getting old. Plus she was trying to be serious right now and it was kinda undermining her authority. She turned back to her troops… er, players and as expected Cloudchaser had left with her sister and Leera had left with Bon-bon which cut the numbers down by another two. “Alright, you three are all center field!” she said pointing to Gilda, Applejack and Scootaloo. “Fluttershy, Derpy, you’re goal defence and goal attack depending on which way the balls going. You figure it out. The rest of you, you’re on the wings! And lastly, Snowflake, you’re the goalie!”

“The name’s Bulk Biceps!” Roid Rage replied.

Suddenly there was a loud explosion “Pinkie Pie, put that away!” Dash yelled before returning with “Sorry, what was that? I couldn’t hear you over the head-cannon.” however as she returned, he was cowering at the loud noise it had made. “Alright everyone! LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLET’S PLAY!!!" and with that Dash run into the field once more and kicked the ball directly up.

The ball landed and was quickly captured by Applejack. She dribbled it along for quite a while before kicking for a goal shooting it at a six difficulty spot. Basically, the direct centre of the goals is a one difficulty and the top left and right corners are a ten. It’s a system to rank how hard it is not only to kick precisely into that spot, but also to block it as a goalie. Even with that reasonably hard to block shot, the big dude in goalie kept it from getting through. It did help that he was twice and a half Gilda’s size. And she was larger than most to begin with.

The game went on and and Gilda was clearly pulling ahead in both offence and defence, shooting for goals and intercepting. The stand outs in this game where really only five people. Gilda herself, of course, and Rainbow Dash was about tied for MVP with that younger Scootaloo girl, with that apple cowgirl as a distance fourth but still well ahead of any others on the field. The fifth was Snowflake. He was fast for his size and out of about 20-odd goal shots that had been taken, he’d only missed two: one from Gilda and one from Dash. Both eight difficulty shots. Thing Snowflake could save.

Both Gilda and Dash had a tendency to hog the ball but they both knew when to pass rather than lose it to stubbornness. Gilda found herself now in one of those situations. The half field they were playing on made them have to turn around with the ball and come face to face with anyone who’d been tagging them. There were three in front of her now and she had to pass. It had been a bit confusing at times but they’d all roughly sorted into mini-teams. And there was one person on her side who’d yet to do much.

Gilda didn’t exactly like her but she knew Dash did. Besides, she wouldn’t be trying out if she was just as bad as she used to be. “Yo Shy! Heads! up!” Gilda yelled as she kicked the ball towards the wide open Fluttershy. It was a perfect kick, bound to land right at the girls feet and even a good angle to get a running start with it. Fluttershy took a step back and began to run. She then covered her head and turned her back to the ball as it hit the ground beside her and bounce right on past her. “You gotta be kidding me…”

Gilda took off after the free ball and managed to get it back from the other mini-team a couple of minutes later. She then lost it to Rainbow Dash who did a similar thing when she passed it to Derpy. That girl looked like she’d only learnt how to walk up right a year ago she was so awkward trying to dribble the ball. She was absolutely all over the place after having it for no more than ten steps. Even Gilda had to think twice about stealing the ball from this girl. It was clear she wasn’t exactly 100% there in the head. In the end she just ended up letting it go. It could actually be a good strategy come to think of it.

After nearly an hour passed the third goal of the day was made. By Rainbow Dash of course. Flying it into the net at a nine point shot. With that goal she shouted to all who were still here. Gilda wasn’t quite sure but by the looks of it another person had left or been kicked off in the last half hour, leaving 18 players for 13 spots. Five people were likely about to be cut. That being said, Gilda had a suspicion who the first two would be as she looked over to Fluttershy delicately holding one of her elbows and Derpy slowly walking towards the gathering crowd.

“So some of you may’ve noticed the HUGE skill gap between some of the players. And while I am completely confident that I can get every single one of you up to the same skill level, I’m afraid I have to take those of you who are already the best here. You’re all still here so you at least think yourself worthy of being on MY team. Without further ado, here are my final selections for the team. I of course will be centre and team captain. Applejack and Gilda will be right and left field. Roid Rage is on goals, duh. <insert 4 pony names here> will be midfielders. Scootaloo and you two whose names I still can’t remember are Goal defence. And last but not least, our two substitution spots are going to Fluttershy and Derpy!”

“Woo-hoo!” cheered Pinkie Pie from the top of the goal posts as she cartwheeled over the thin flexible bar in a way that was a lawsuit waiting to happen.

“To everyone who didn’t make it I’d like to say sor…”

“Hold on a minute!” Gilda shouted stepping forward. “What the heck are you thinking Dash?!”

“What? You wanna be a midfielder or something? That’s fine, tell me aft-”

“I mean what the hell are you doing making these two our subs? They’re terrible. Fluttershy can’t even catch a ball being passed right to her and this other one can’t even see the thing. They suck! Literally any of the others would’ve been a better pick.” Gilda shouted and waved her hands in the other player's general direction.

“Hey watch what you say about my friends G.” Dash said, taking a step toward Gilda. “Bite your tongue or I’ll switch them in and make you a sub instead.”

“Oh is that it huh?” Gilda replied in voice, words and action as she too took a step towards Dash. The two were now practically face to face. Or they would be if Gilda wasn’t a full head taller. “You’re just playing favourites with your friends and robbing these guys of a shot on the team? And what happened to ‘taking the best’ and ‘can’t afford to lose a single match’?! amirite guys?” she called over her shoulder.

“YEAH!!!” came one voice in particular. Only one but the loudest which made Gilda think her case all the more strong.

“Are you questioning my decision as team captain?” Dash replied all super cerially. Even if she wouldn’t admit it, she had played favourites and the only reason she hadn’t dismissed it right away was because this was Gilda she was talking too. Had it been turned around and Gilda had been one of the people cut, not that there was ever a possibility of her not making the team, she was one of the people Dash would’ve played favourites for too. Which made Dash realise she was right. But after being called out on it, Dash had to stick with her guns if she wanted to save face in her position as team captain.

“No, I’m not questioning your decision as team captain.” Gilda reluctantly said as she stepped back. “I’m challenging it!” she declared to the team. “If you don’t have what it takes to make this team the very best, like no team ever was, then I will! I hereby challenge you for the role of team captain and centre field!”

“Geeze Gilda, you don’t have to be so dramatic about it.” Dash sighed with a slight laugh. She quickly dropped her face though as she followed up with “Alright then. I said it myself, even my spot isn’t assured and if you think you can lead this team better, then prove it. One. On. One. First goal wins and becomes captain of this team. Deal?”

“This isn’t baseket-ball Dash. Soccer doesn’t work one on one.” Gilda replied.

“Oh, right… who’d be goalie. Alright then, one on one on eleven. Everyone versus just us versus each other. First goal wins.”

“You’re on!”

Author's Note:

If you hadn't guessed the one yelling 'Yeah!' was Roid Rage, Snow Flake and Bulk Biceps. Split personality disorder.

Also I doubt many people will get it but the Things Snow Flake could save was a 'Things Tim Howard could save' joke and this was written back around the world cup.

PreviousChapters Next