• Published 28th Mar 2014
  • 5,268 Views, 237 Comments

Equestria Girl. Wait, What's Equestria? - Bysen



Set in the Equestria Girls-iverse, a girl named Twilight Sparkle is starting the year at a new school. Unforuntately last year there was another girl named Twilight who came from another dimension, turned into an angel and fought a demon. It was cool

  • ...
35
 237
 5,268

PreviousChapters Next
Frinight Part 2 - Gotta Get Down On Friday

“Hello Twilight.”

“Hello Discord. I’m sorry to bother you at this night of night but… wait, how did you know it was me calling?” Twilight asked as she looked confusedly at her phone’s screen.

“It’s called caller I.D..”

“Oh well… wait, doesn’t that only give you the number of the incoming call if it’s from a phone that it doesn't recognise?”

“Yes, well, that and Celly told me you’d be calling me.”

“I told you not to tell her I was here Discord!” she heard Celestia’s distant voice say through Discord’s end of the line.

“I didn’t. But good job on giving that fact away to her.” <something> “Now, to what do I owe the pleasure of this call, hmm?”

Recomposing herself from that weird little opening and the question that was weirder still given the context of what Celestia clearly thought about him and Fluttershy, Twilight finally asked “Right, as I was saying, do you by any chance-”

“Have Fluttershy’s number? Yes of course. Would you like me to give it to you?”

“Yes please.” she said and then waited. And waited.

There was then a very loud ‘DEEZ NUTZ!!!’ blasted in her ear. She pulled the phone away from her ear as she held it at arm’s length and cringed. Then from down stairs she heard her mother “Hahaha… got ‘eem!...” before a short confused pause. “Sorry sweety, I may’ve set your message ringtone before I gave it to you.”

After regaining her composure for about the fifth time in the last ten minutes Twilight realised that much like she suspected she’d done to Celestia, Discord had hung up on her while she was still talking. On her screen now that displayed the first part of an incoming message read a set of numbers she could only assume were from Discord and was Fluttershy’s phone number. She took one look at them, had them memorized and then quickly tapped them into the phone.

“Hello Twilight.” Fluttershy answered her phone.

“Now how did you kno-”

“Hello Twilight!” Discord’s voice came over Fluttershy’s phone. “My, it’s been so long since we last spoke.”

“THIS ISN”T FUNNY!!!” she just screamed over her phone, causing Spike to start barking again and Orian to flinch. Twilight was seriously starting to get a headache by this point. “I’ve been going crazy for the last half hour trying to find someone to help so are you going to help me or not?!”

“Um… I uh…” Fluttershy said as she took a step back even though she still held the phone to her ear.

“What Fluttershy is trying to say…” Discord spoke up “is that she doesn’t actually know what you want. And quite frankly I don’t recall you telling me either. Of course that’s not to say you didn’t. I just don’t remember. Now, let’s try this again shall we?”

Twilight stayed silent for a moment before taking a deep breath and then let it go. “You’re right. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay Twilight. Now um, what, exactly, did you need my help with?”

“There’s an owl and it crashed through my window and I think its wing’s broken and I tried calling a vet but they weren’t open so then I thought of you and then there was the whole ordeal of trying to get your number from Celestia and then from Discord and then you… I’m babbling aren’t I?’

“Well, maybe just a tinsy bit.” Fluttershy reaffirmed. “Is the owl alright?”

“It’s unconscious, but it’s breathing. It’s wing really doesn’t look good though. I think it’s broken and I don’t want to leave it until the morning when it wakes up.”

“Oh, I’m sorry Twilight, but I can’t get there until tomorrow morning at the earliest either. Mother said that when I leave Discord’s house I’m to come straight home.”

Ignoring the question of why she was at his house to begin with, Twilight followed up with “I could bring the owl to you at Discord’s place. Do you think you could help then?”

“Well um..." Fluttershy paused for a rather long moment. Then in a very unsure voice continued with "I suppose so. Is that alright with you Discord?”

“Technically it’s Lulu’s house not mine, but no, I have no qualms with such a plan. She may bring the owl here if she pleases.”

“He said yes.” although it was good news, the tone in her voice was anything but happy.

“I heard.” Twilight replied, completely missing or ignoring Fluttershy's reluctance.

“Yes well, as a teacher I have to have a powerful voice to carry through the class. And it has absolutely nothing with just liking the sound of my own voice. Despite how smooth it may be. Oh who am I kidding… I’m just loud. I’ll give you the address it. It’s 69 [that’s a moon landing reference] Crescent Court. Um, about how long do you think you’ll be?"

“Let me just yahoomaps that…” she said and then only the clickity-clickity-clickity-click of typing could be heard for a moment. “About… twenty-some-odd minutes.”

“Alright. We’ll be waiting for you out the front then.”

Twenty-some-odd minutes later.

“No, I think that’s the turn there.” Twilight said as she pointed to the street that they’d just passed.

“Didn’t we go down the road already?” OC asked as he craned his head to see the road Twilight had pointed too. “Maybe you should just call them and ask for directions from… where are we exactly?”

Another twenty-some-odd minutes later.

“There they are!” Twilight half shouted as she pointed to the two figures standing on the side of the road up ahead. The owl was wrapped in one of her shirts and resting on her lap, always with at least one hand around it at all times making sure it didn’t roll off on any of the turns. The car slowed as OC began to pull over and the two, though dark, came into view. And this time it was actually them and not two street walkers.

There were a good number of cars parked around Discord's house. Luna’s house, whatever. And Twilight could easily tell that there were just as many people inside as well. “H-hello Twilight. We were starting to wonder if you were coming or not. Is the little fella doing alright?” said Fluttershy as she approached the car and came to a stop beside it. As she finished her sentence, she saw the head of the owl peeking out from the wrapping in Twilight’s lap.

There was obvious concern and frustration not in her tone but not her manor of speech as Twilight said. “He’s… well, not quite fine but no worse than when I called earlier.” As she gently lifted the bird off of herself as she click off her seat belt and opened the car door. Fluttershy took a step back as Twilight gingerly stepped out, making sure to support the small creature.

Once she was out fully, Fluttershy stepped right back up and made a ‘gimme’ gesture towards the owl. Twilight finally, with much relief after more than an hour of being in panic-mode gratefully gave Fluttershy her shirt. Once Fluttershy had it in her grasp, she took to holding it more like an infant to her chest than Twilight's animal to the stomach. She turned briefly towards the house where the party was happening and frowned.

“Oh... um, I don’t think taking this little guy inside would be such a great idea.” she said as she faced back to Twilight then to Discord who just shrugged. “Oh!” she said as an idea struck and she moved to the front of the car. OC had gotten out at this point and was standing on the other side of the bonnet. Fluttershy put a hand on the hood and checked to see if it wasn't too hot. It was certainly warm but by no means hot. Placing the wrapped up owl on it, up near the windscreen where there was less heat still, she began to unwrap the bird.

A moment later she figured out it wasn’t actually wrapped so much as just put through the neck hole. Twilight was beside her the whole time keeping quiet and watching. Discord, though trying to remain aloof was on the other side feigning to feign interest. “Do you… think it’ll be ok?”

“He. And I think so.” Fluttershy said with a rather flat tone. She was dead serious at this moment. Twilight however just took the word ‘he’ in and looked at the owl’s crotch. And saw nothing. Well, feathers, but nothing else. Fluttershy “He’s a tawny owl so the bridge of his beak gives it away.” she said with more of a cheerful inflection. It turn back to being dead serious quickly as she continued on “His wing isn’t broken but it has popped out of it’s socket.” she said as she gently moved it around. “It’s a very good thing you brought him to me tonight before he woke up. It’ll still hurt tomorrow, but I’m just glad he’s not awake for this.”

Twilight questioned “Awake for wha-” CRwrrack-clicQUE!!!

Twilight’s father, standing opposite of them on the bonnet shuddered and cringed as Fluttershy popped its wing back into its joint “Oh dear sweet baby Helix Fossil!” he muttered as he turned and faced away.

“Th-there…” Fluttershy muttered, much akin to that of OC’s voice. All confidence of knowing what she was doing was gone and now just replaced with deep sympathy for the owl and it’s soon to be pain. “Let me just… let me just… check him over to make sure there’s nothing else…” she said, not facing Twilight. Though her reason for doing so was moot since she could see the tear running down the girl’s face.

Trying to get his mind away from what he'd just seen and heard “So uh… is that a school mascotte?” OC asked Discord after a good few moment had passed as Fluttershy checked over the small owl. And it had passed in mostly awkward silence. Trying to strike up a conversation with this guy would help alleviate that… and I think we all know he’s wrong. The person in a plush horse costume was the focus of what he’d asked.

“No. That’s just Lyra. She always dresses that way on friday.” he replied matter-of-factly. The… girl? Let’s go with that. The girl in the horse outfit was getting out of a car, presumably after driving here with that thing on, and was heading towards Discord’s house. Twilight had told her father her school was strange but…

“Um. I’m all done here!” Fluttershy nearly yelled rather hurriedly. She had re-swaddled the owl in Twilight’s shirt, but in an actual swaddle not just putting the bird inside of it. Holding the bundle to her chest she turned to Twilight and asked “So, would you like to, um, take him back home or do you think I should take care of him tonight. I mean, it’s not a hassle or anything. I just think it might be best if he’s released in a familiar area is all.”

“There you are Discord!” came a very loud and very regal voice as a woman with long dark-blue hair marched up to her brother. “Iron Will’s setting up his karaoke machine again. Stop him before the neighbours call the police again.”

“I’m a little busy here Lulu. Can’t Celly do it instead?” he asked, giving her puppy dog eyes that honestly he knew wouldn’t work.

Luna simply crossed her arms “He brought her a personal cake. She’s not going to lift a finger against him. Nor anything else but a fork for that matter for the next half hour. You want to keep hosting these fu-”

“Fine, fine! I’ll take care of it. Now, just keep your voice down around our guests.” he said, trying to obstruct her view of Twilight.

She had other ideas however as she leant bodily to the side at the hip to look around Discord. Seeing Twilight, her arms uncrossed and sighed loudly before asking “Don’t tell us you got Twilight into this creepy furry nonsense too?”

A very pungent silence filled the air at that moment. Even the party noices seemed to have died down momentarily as Twilight tried to process the question, Discord face palmed and Fluttershy’s face became a red as Big Mac...’s shirt. “I uh… what?” was all she managed to work up as a response.

Discord just started a slow clap “Bravo Lulu… way to let the cat out of the bag.” he said as he fully stepped aside, showing her that Fluttershy was present and reminding her of how thoroughly that girl had tried to hide that little fact from the rest of her friends. As she stared back at Luna in disbelief her eyes were as big as an owl’s. She also noticed the owl.

“I, uh… what we mean to say is…”

“You’re a furry?” Twilight asked, turning to Fluttershy.

“Well, I… I… I…….” she began as tears began to fill in her eyes. “Please don’t tell anyone! I beg you. I’ll do anything, just don’t tell anyone please!” she pleaded to a dumbfounded Twilight.

Discord stepped in beside her and put a hand over her shoulder. “It’s alright Fluttershy dear. I’m sure Twilight won’t tell a soul. And I’m sure LUNA…” he said as he stared daggers at her “didn’t mean to tell either. Isn’t that right?”

“Well. Uh… Twilight. It’s good to finally meet you. I’m Vice-Principal Luna.” she said with the most forced smile you’ve ever seen. “This must be your father? You’re here to discuss the details of your daughter’s transfer correct?” she said with obvious panic and really hoped the man would help her out of this situation.

“No. I’m here for…” he looked over to the two younger girls, then to Discord. “Well at least this explains some the really weird stuff my daughter thought about these two…”

“Tell us about it…” Luna responded.

LET’S GET DOWN BUSINESS... TO REMAKE YOUR LIFE!!!!!" came blasting from inside the house.

The two of them immediately covered their ears and turned to look back at the house. "I... should probably go take care of that." Luna said as she began off.

Now, skipping back a few seconds to the conversation that took place between Fluttershy, Twilight and Discord simultaneously to that last one. “Hey, it’s fine… I won’t tell anyone. I mean, who would I even tell?” Twilight made an attempt at comforting her.

“Rainbow Dash. Applejack. Rarity. Pinkie Pie. Or maybe Sunset Shimmer. Or anyone who might tell them. Or anyone who might tell anyone who might tell them. If this gets out then there’s no way I could show my face at school and I’d have to go to a new school and then I’d have to make new friends and I’d lose my old ones and not be able to face them ever again and even then I’d risk my new friends finding out and it starting all over again then again then again then again then agaaaaiiinnnnn……..”

The music had started blaring in the background halfway through her saying all of that and needless to say Fluttershy was hysterical at this point. The only person who would’ve understood what she’d just said with how fast she’d said it would maybe be Pinkie Pie. And even that was only a maybe.

“Oh Chillax Fluttershy.” Discord spoke up. “This isn’t the first time this has happened and it surely won’t be the last.”

“It won’t?!” her eyes going to pinpricks at that though.

“Oh for… Lyra. She goes to Cantalot too and remember how she hasn’t told a soul except maybe her ‘just friend’ Bon-bon? I really don’t see what the big deal is here.”

Twilight, for her part, “He’s right. It’s not a big deal. I won’t tell anyone. I promise.”

“Oh thank you! Thank you thank you!”

“No… don’t… don’t worry about it. We’ll call it even for helping me out with the owl. And besides… this actually makes things between you two a lot better than what I thought was going on between you two.”

“Tell me about it…” Orian muttered. “Are you ready to go Twilight?” he asked, quite frankly, starting to see why his daughter wanted to leave a school with so many… ‘colourful characters’ in it.

“You know Twilight. You sort of look like an owl yourself.” Discord said as he crossed his arms and put a hand to his chin.

“I… I do?”

“Yes. Well, you did when you transformed at the very least.”

“Oh. You mean that other me. I never heard about her transforming anything like that though.”

“Oh no, it wasn’t the other you, it was certainly you that transformed into, what was it? ‘Midnight Sparkle. And I found it quite clever that the animators made you look like an owl with those ringlets around your eyes.”

“Um…”

“Oh right. Silly me, that was the third movie and this story is only the first movie and maybe a bit of the second. And with a line like that, that’s usually where we finish the chapter. But we actually finished a while ago and this is a weird form of author’s notes.” Discord said as he turned directly towards the camera. “Now, for this next segment I will need a volunteer from the audience. Yes, you there. Come up here.”

“Yipee!” Pinkie Pie cheered as she jumped up onto the now black background where they both stood. “Heya Discord. So what do you need me to do huh? Talk about the chapter, explain that the reason Luna was having you take care of Iron Will was because she had a deal with you about hosting these furry meetings here that I’m not supposed to know about at her house. Or that there’s a lot of implied backstory between Fluttershy and Iron Will? Oh, and don’t even get me started on how the correct pronunciation of Lyra is ‘Leer-ra’. Even Meghan McCarthy says so. Look, this video proves it. See? I mean, you don’t sing ‘lie-rics’ to a song do you? And the word ‘lyre’ can be pronounced ‘leer’ correctly.”

“Actually, I was just going to ask you to hold the 4th wall hole open while I go to the bathroom. I’ll be only a few hours at most. That’s a dear.”

Author's Note:

Deleted scene

“Oh, I don’t think taking this little guy inside would be such a great idea.” she said as she faced back to Twilight then to Discord who just shrugged. “Oh!” she said as an idea struck and she moved to the front of the car. OC had gotten out at this point and was standing on the other side of the bonnet [that’s the australian word for IDK what you even call it but I’m sure it’s not that, the car’s front lid]. Fluttershy put a hand on the hood and… fuck me you call it the hood don’t you? *sigh* the hood and checked to see if it was to hot. It was certainly warm but by no means hot. Placing the wrapped up owl on it, up near the windscreen [you call that a wind shield don’t you?] where there was less heat still, she began to unwrap the bird.

PreviousChapters Next