• Published 28th Mar 2014
  • 5,268 Views, 237 Comments

Equestria Girl. Wait, What's Equestria? - Bysen



Set in the Equestria Girls-iverse, a girl named Twilight Sparkle is starting the year at a new school. Unforuntately last year there was another girl named Twilight who came from another dimension, turned into an angel and fought a demon. It was cool

  • ...
35
 237
 5,268

PreviousChapters Next
Friday Part 2 - The Change in Writing Style Due to Six Month Break

The drive was slow. They seemed to be just at the end of the major traffic jam with many cars in front of them but few behind them. A couple minutes later and they would’ve missed it entirely. Of course, either way they would have arrived at the same time, which was more than half an hour late for school as it was. The three of them had talked in the car. Well, two of them had talked and one of those two had tried to get the third involved with marginal success.

“Look. If you really ‘can’t handle this’ than I’m more than happy to drive you right back home.” Diamond Tiara said as she stood outside of the limo, looking in at her friend’s friend. Quite frankly, she didn’t only not understand Twilight’s issue with all of this, but was honestly envious of it. To be known by the entire school without having to do a thing, who wouldn’t want that?

Twilight turned her waist to the side and put both of her legs outside of the car before pulling herself up and out. “No. I’m fine. I wouldn’t want to impose on you anymore than I already have. We’re late as it is because of me. I wouldn’t want put you out any further than I already have.” she said bashfully, as she realised how lame what she was saying sounded. As it was, she had to resist the urge to lift one of her arms and awkwardly scratched the back of her head while saying it.

“You make it sound like she’s the one who’d be doing anything for you.” Sil said as she walked around from the other side of the car. “She’d just have Randolph drive you home without her.”

“Oh.” Twilight said, rethinking her last statement and rethinking her momentary perception of Diamond Tiara as an actually nice person. Not that she’s a bad person, she’s just… “Well, I’d hate to inconvenience him either. I’m fine. Really.” she told them both. About 90% sure she meant it.

“Pah-lease… if he doesn’t have something to do, he’s just going to go to my big empty mansion and s-”

Sil interrupted her there as she coughed “McMansion.”

Die just ignored her and kept going though. “-it around all day listening to his old people music.”

“That’s not a very nice thing to say about him. I mean, I like that old time rock and roll.” Twilight said in his defence.

She was countered quickly and effectively with “Am I wrong?”

“No ma’am. That kind of music just soothes the soul.”

Die sighed and shook her head, muttering to herself “Reminiscing about the days of old…” before looking towards her butler/chaudière and adding “You’re dismissed until the end of school. Go do… whatever with that old time rock and roll.” and with that there was a loud squealing of spinning wheels as the limo instantly took off, leaving the three in a cloud of burnt rubber.

As she watched the car quickly disappear, Twilight turned back to her friends. “Well, I guess we’d better be getting to class.”

“Why?” Diamond asked.

“What do you mean why?”

“She’s right.” Sil added. “We’ve already missed more than half of it anyway. Why don’t we just hang out here for a bit longer.”

“Wow… I can already hear my mom saying you two are bad influence.” which as you’d expect got a ‘seriously?’ look from both of them. “What? She would.”

“Hey, it’s not like we’re skipping a whole class intentionally or anything. I am a model student thank you very much.” Sil defended herself.

“I’m just a model.” Die just boosted herself instead. “Besides. From what you’ve told us, how long do you think it would take YOU to find your class anyway hmm?” said Die as she turned towards the building, heading towards the front entrance. As did Silverspoon. “You coming? You’ve gotta come this way with us anyway.”

“Fine.” Twilight begrudgingly agreed as she stepped in beside the two, opposite Sil.

“What’ve you got first up anyway?” asked Sil to both of them.

“I’ve go-” they both began to reply at once. “Oh, uh, you go first.” Twilight offered to Die.

“I’ve got Maths. And before you say anything that is NOT the reason I said we should skip first period. It just happens to be a happy coincidence.” Die smugly defended herself.

“You still hate maths that much? Maths is easy.”

Maths is the worst.” a phrase Twilight deeply disagreed with. “I can’t think of a real life time I’m ever going to use it.”

“Right… exchange rates for your trip to Prance you want to take, how much you should tip. [0%, what’s the point of a minimum wage if you still can’t afford to eat on it anyway? Get a real economy morons] magazine monthly/yearly subscription costs.”

“And where in any of this is finding out the angle of a triangle with odd sides? I know all that other stuff but tell me when am I EVER going to use trigonometry?” to which Sil tried to reply but couldn’t think of any examples.

“Um… having a triangle pool you need to fill.

“Side A time Side B, divided by two, times height. Not trig.” Die retorted, proving to both Sil and Twilight, Twilight in particular as Sil already knew, that though she liked to play the rich socialite pink-girl, she was still just as smart as anyone else at this advanced placement school. “And also when is that ‘fill a pool’ example ever relevant at all? Just dump a hose in it and walk off.”

“That’s a good point.”

“Of course it is." Die finished. "Anyway, what have you got first up anyway?”

“The same thing I had last time you had maths.”

“It’s only the first week Sil. I haven’t memorised your time table yet. I barely know mine.” Die said harshly at first but finished it in a light hearted tone.

“Engineering. What about you Twilight?”

“Oh me? Uh… I think I have… Geology? I’m not sure. I haven’t quite memorised my time table yet either. Not that it matters though…” she muttered her last words.

Sil still manage to hear them though. “Why doesn’t it matter?”

“Well, I mean… it… it doesn’t matter because I’m not going to it. What’s my next class is what matters. I have… Chemistry? I think. What do you have?” she asked as she avoided saying she was leaving once more but negating that by saying it here instead.

“I’ve got Biology next. But what have you got for the rest of today Twilight?”

“Um… just Geology, History and English.” Twilight answered and Die just sighed loudly, drawing both of their attentions.

“You still haven't figure it out yet have you Sil?” Die asked. “She’s been quiet this whole time except when I’ve asked her stuff like ‘are you sure?’ and ‘why don’t you…?’. You want her to talk? Neg her and make it a question. It’s obvious really. She’ll try to justify herself with whatever flawed excuse she’s telling herself to do what she doesn’t want to do. Am I wrong?” she said as she stared dead at Twilight with a smirk on her face.

“What? Yes. You are wrong.” Twilight answered as they walked into the front entrance of the school. “I’m not trying to justify anything. What makes you think that I’m justifying anything at all?”

Die approached the bench on the wall, turned and took a seat before she gave her response. “Well, for starters, you’ve been reluctant to do anything until someone gives you an option. You’re beta. Maybe even omega. But whenever an alpha, like me, tells you to do something like go home, you try and defy them and stay by their side.” smugness and pride absolutely dripping from her words.

“Wait… how does that make her beta?” questioned Sil.

“Because. She’s willing to do stuff she doesn’t want to just so she doesn’t disappoint us. She’s desperate for friends.” Die finally concluded. And Twilight didn’t try to deny it. She hadn’t really thought about it, but it made sense. On some level at least. It explained to herself why she’d been willing to put up with this… “But I never said that was a bad thing.”

It surprised her, Sil too for that matter, to hear Diamond say that. Surprised and confused. “Huh? How is that good?” she asked.

Diamond Tiara had tapped her palm on the bench beside her and invited Twilight to sit down. She followed and took a seat, Die keeping eyes on her all the while. “Well aside from the obvious of my friendship being totally worth it, what’s wrong with going out of your way for friends? believe it or not, I wasn’t taking a shot at you about this. I was taking a shot at Silverspoon.”

“Wha? What did I do!?” she asked, still standing in front of them, now feeling like the odd one out of the bunch.

“You’re the one whose guilt tripping her into being here, trying to get her to talk even though she doesn’t want to and then happy that she does talk when it’s only ever about something she doesn’t want to talk about. Simply put: do us both a favour and let her be quiet. That way I don’t have to listen to you two and she doesn’t have to talk to us.”

Twilight was stunned by this. It was both right and wrong, gracious and insulting. “Are you planning on being a psychologist?” was all she could think to say back about it all.

Sil answered that question for her with “No. She just used to be a bully and really knows how to get into people’s heads.”

“‘Used to’?” Twilight replied, both mockingly and legitimately asking.

Sil just chuckled and took a seat down beside Twilight at last. “Yeah… you think you’re joking, but she used to be A LOT worse.”

“Look who's talking ‘Miss Silver Tongue’.”

“I never said I wasn’t either.”

Twilight in between the two “Actually, now that you mention it. You weren't exactly that nice to your English partner the other day either.”

“Yep. We’re the mean girls.” Die said, accepting what she’d said as a compliment.

“And like every bad high school drama, we’re also popular for some reason.” Sil added. She then took pause for a brief moment. Twilight was probably about to speak up in response but Sil cut off whatever she was about to say. “Am I… am I doing it again? Is Die right and the only reason you’re talking about this because it’s something you don’t really like and you’re trying to justify it?” she asked with genuine concern. Which was odd given what she had just admitted to and took pride in the fact that she was a bully.

“Uh, well… I wouldn’t quite put it that way exactly. It sounds so… clinical. But yeah, a little.” she answered somewhat sheepishly.

“With my amazing psychological powers I suggest this. Stop talking. If you want to hang out with friend but don’t want to talk about this kinda stuff. Then don’t. It’s really that simple. And don’t take this the wrong way but I don’t really care what you say anyway.”

“What other way is there to take that?...” both of the other girls asked in unison.

“What I mean is if you want to be here then be here. You don’t have to contribute to every conversation just because you’re part of it. And again, I’m not taking a shot at you and whatever it is you’re doing here. It’s at Sil. Stop trying to force her into conversations. If she speaks up she speaks up. She does that a lot actually. And if not. Ever think she just doesn’t have anything worth saying?”

“You know how insulting that sounds right?” Sil asked, leaning forwards so she could look directly at Die without Twilight In the way.

“Doesn’t mean it’s wrong.” Die answered while doing the same as Sil and leaning forwards. “In fact… what do you think Twi?”

Twilight paused for a moment as attention was brought back to her. The other’s focus had been on each other for a bit now and as a result… “She’s actually right. It’s kinda nice. Just listening to you two talk but still technically being part of the conversation. It’s just… I don’t know. Feels good.”

“See.” Die said again smugly and got a frown back from Sil. Before She could say anything back though the bell for second period rang. One of the nearby classes began to empty into the hall before the bell finished and once it did many more joined in soon after. “Well. Looks like I have to get to SOS.” she said, taking the bell ringing as her way of winning the debate by default. “See you at lunch. Chou.”

“Alright… see you then. I better get going too.” Sil said to the two of them and stood up. “Oh right, we usually meet outside the cafeteria and then head off to wherever.” she said to Twilight.

“I GUESS you’re invited too then.” Die added before she turned and left. “Later.”

Twilight, having gotten used to Diamond’s clearly faked aloofness by this point stood up too and nodded. “I’ll see you then. Oh, also… F block’s this way right?” she asked as she pointed.

“Yeah. it’s that way.” Sil happily replied with a slight laugh. As the three parted ways, Randolph was finally arriving back at Diamond Tiara's McMansion. He kicked off his shoes at the door, placed his hat on the rack and grabbed a remote and pressed a button on it. The first few notes of the sound began to play as he quickly dropped his pants and power slid on his socks into the living room.

Just take that old records off the shelf!! and as the word 'shelf 'was played he instantly dropped to the floor. Not because he’d slipped over but because “I forgot to cover up that shelf nani cam…”

Author's Note:

While rereading this on the final go before publishing it I read Randolph's voice as Woodhouse from Archer. Also the VA of Woodhouse died. Is it in bad taste to say 'I'll get the rug'? Too bad, I'm saying it anyway. RIP in pieces you crackwhore.
Where was I? Oh right, the story.
So it's been literally 6 months since I wrote anything for this. This chapter just had me stumped and as it is it kinda sucked and dragged on with a poor explanation for how Twilight's feeling. While I like to think she is is similar to what was said in the story, it's not portrayed correctly. To sum it up, she likes begin around friends but doesn't necessarily want to have to interact with them unless she feels she has something specific to say.
I also may've been channelling a bit of Moon Dancer feels into her as this was written about 2 days after that episode aired.
However, once I got past this chapter I was able to crank out another 5 chapters within a week so we're going to have consistent updates each week for at least a month now. Hopefully.
Enjoy.

PreviousChapters Next