• Published 8th Mar 2014
  • 1,345 Views, 14 Comments

ECMC: Sour Marshmallow - ChewyCard



After waking up in the body of a little unicorn called Sweetie Belle (but still on Earth) a writer finds himself having to rely on his estranged little sister. Meanwhile, a mischeavous little Draconequuss seems to have bigger plans for him...

  • ...
5
 14
 1,345

It’s a kind of magic


Kate stood at the door and took a few pictures with her cell phone, but said nothing. Then she herself took a bath and went to sleep.

That night Eris visited ScootaChew’s dreams again. She saw her playing with Rainbow Dash, happy and completely caught in the moment.

“Hmm, I guess I can let her have a nice uninterrupted dream every once in awhile.” Eris smiled, vanishing.


When Alos got home it was almost midnight. Starlight was carrying three huge bags from their shopping spree, and though Alos had offered to carry one in her mouth she had been adamant to bear the burden herself.

“Applebloom, sweetheart, we’re home!”

“I’m pretty sure she’s asleep by now, Starlight.”

Alos was far too tired to worry about where to sleep and so simply curled up and drifted off on the couch.

“Starlight, tell Kate to contact our parents, they might be freaking out if she doesn’t call them soon…” Alos mumbled, yawning.

“Shall I read you a story, Sweetie Belle?”

But she was already far away in her dreams.

Day Four

When she opened her eyes she could see nothing. She immediately panicked and ran into a wall, which was cold, wet, and heavily textured.

“Careful now, Sweetie. You don’t want the spiders to hear.”

Alos heard the sound of a match being struck and turned toward Eris. She was lighting a candle.

“I love candles. Birthday candles, Christmas candles, scented candles, I love them all! Do you know why?”

“Where the heck am I Eris?”

“In a cave. We’re about to begin your training.” she smiled.

“There is a nasty little species of spider in here, Sweetie. Each one contains a teeny tiny little bit of poison. Getting bit by one won’t hurt you, but they attack in numbers, and enough bites and you’ll get sleepier and sleepier until… well.”

“How can I escape?”

“That’s where the candle comes in. You see, BitterSweet, I love candles because they’re like an hourglass that provides light. And these wonderful little spiders hate the light, so if you don’t manage to use your magic to remove all the little stones I’ve placed over the exit-”

She pointed to a huge pile of little rocks.

“-you’ll be, well, dinner. Pony a la mode.” Her grin took on a new wickedness under the eerie glow of the candlelight.

“Well, I’ll be off. Don’t disappoint me.” She disappeared with a flash.

Hours passed, and Alos’ desperation increased with every flicker of the flame. She put everything she had into clearing away the rock, but it was no use. For every one she removed, ten lay there, obstinate, until at last the candle died.

For a few desperate minutes the cave was still, save for the sound of Alos’ desperate digging. Using magic took a concentration that she had barely been able to utilize when the candle was lit, but now it had become almost impossible.

Then she felt the first spider crawl up her leg.

It was a tiny little nibble, and it only tickled rather than sting, but her scream echoed into the darkness. She began to flail about as more joined in, first tens, then hundreds.

As she moved one final stone she saw a light through the cracks. She had almost done it, but then her eyelids became heavy and she succumbed to the spiders.

“Eris… how could… you…”

Rather than feel a heavenly embrace, the first thing she felt was an ice-cold bucket of water pour onto her face. She rubbed her eyes and saw Eris standing there.

“Congratulations, you passed!”

Her reaction was so automatic that Eris herself didn’t have time to dodge. Out of nowhere she landed a kick on Eris’ face. Even Eris herself seemed shocked.

“Well now I’m really impressed! But we aren’t doing combat magic just yet, don’t get ahead of yourself,” She smiled.

“I passed? But I didn’t even move all the rocks!”

“Meh, you almost got there, and that was with your silly phobia of spiders.” Eris summoned one of the arachnids out of nowhere, then ate it.

“You didn’t really think I’d actually let you die, would you? After all the effort I put into setting this plan in motion? Besides, it was pitch black in there, if I was going to watch you get eaten by spiders I would have brought a torch and popcorn!” Eris grinned. “Just kidding about that last part. I hate popcorn.”

“So why are we back at ScootaChew's house? Was it all a dream?”

Eris clapped sarcastically. “Great going Sherlock, now maybe you’ll tell me what colour the sky is.”

Alos grumbled. She had just died, or as close as she could without doing so, and Eris was cracking jokes like it was nothing.

“So, you’ve gotten the dullest part of our training out of the way. Not we play in the Crushing Chamber!”

'Hooray, I love the Crushing Chamber! It’s my second favorite deadly training exercise' Alos thought bitterly.

With a snap of her claws Eris brought them to a strange area. It was a bright white room, like a gym hall, and the floor was covered with directional arrows.

“Hey Sweetie Belle, do you know what rhythm games are?”

“Yeah, you have to press the buttons at the right time to win.”

"You are right! Except in this room, if you don’t dodge to the right arrow fast enough, you get crushed by the ceiling. Oh and no teleport spell power up for ya! You need to learn to dodge the earth pony way. Better to dodge with your on hooves than waste your magic. ”

Alos laughed. She wasn’t falling for that again.

“So? You’ve already told me you won’t let me die-”

“-three-”

“-so what do I need to be afraid of-”

“-two-”

“-anyway? I bet the ceiling barely even-”

A pillar of the ceiling directly above Alos shot downwards onto the poor filly. The pain was excruciating.

“-one.”

Eris floated over to Alos, and bent down next to her face, which was planted in the ground.

“So what do you say now, smart filly?”

“Can… can we go back to the spiders?”

The next few hours were like a twisted exercise video. Eris barked orders whilst sipping a drink from the luxury of an armchair whilst Alos ducked and dived as best she could.

“Left! Right! Up! Down!”

“Eris, I need to eat something-!”

“Well I keep giving you chocolate cake, but it keeps getting crushed for some reason. If you aren’t going to eat what I give you why should I bother? Left! No, not your left, MY left!”

During a brief merciful break Alos decided to ask some questions.

“Wait, why are we practicing dodging? That isn’t magic!”

“It is when it saves your tail from getting squashed.” Eris laughed.

“So why do I need to learn magic anyway? Won’t that take years?”

“Well, I needed to accelerate your growth a little. You’ll pick up magic ten times faster than any other pony your age, and your friends will become formidable in their own right too… once I’m done beating the weakness out of them. And I don’t plan on stopping there, either. By the time I’m done with you you’ll be able to pull off spells even Celestia herself would struggle with!”

“But why? I thought we were enemies.”

“We’re not enemies kid, in fact I’m the best friend you’ve got right now. By the time this is over you and your friends will realize that.”

“Yeah, right.” Alos muttered.

“Yeah, RIGHT!” Eris shouted.

A few seconds later Alos was crushed again. This was starting to become annoying.

“Okay, kid, it’s time we played my favorite game in the world; laser guided baseball!”

Alos was suddenly taken to the same pocket of space he had met Applejack in the "Dream World"

“Wait, why are we out here?”

“Because in space,” Eris grinned, summoning a rocket launcher, “nobody can hear you scream.”

“The rules are simple. I fire rockets and you blast them out of the sky! Any questions?”

“Well yes actually-”

“-TOO BAD!” Eris fired the first rocket.

The rocket stopped inches away of Sweetie Belle "Uh?"

"Silly pony, how could you blow stuff up if I didn't teach you how?" Eris said laughing.

"Then what the hay I was supposed to do?" Bittersweet asked enraged.

"In combat, you won't always have the right spell for every situation, and is not like you will have time to sit and think what to do. Still, didn't I teach you to DODGE? THEN WHY IN TARTARUS YOU DIDN'T TRY TO DODGE?"

"I panicked, okay?" Sweetie Belle then moved slowly away from the rocket.

"Well, I guess a rocket was too fast for the skills you got now. Besides, I said it was laser guided baseball, didn't I?"

Little Eris then made the floating rocket disappear and turned the rocket launcher in a baseball shooting machine with a laser guide. The laser was aiming right into the filly unicorn horn.

"Wait! Aren't you gonna teach me a new spell or something?"

"Oh, where is the fun in that? Besides, dodging small flying targets is just step two of dodging training!"

Alos spent several hours dodging the baseballs, and as Eris grew bored they flew faster and faster. By the end she had them break into several smaller balls in mid flight, making it even harder to dodge.

“Think fast, we’re taking this thing to the next level! Let’s see you handle a curveball!”

The next ball disappeared as it approached, before hitting Alos from behind. She turned and saw a second Eris standing behind her; there were two of them, some kind of duplicate!

“Let the crossfire COMMENCE!”

Alos was now constantly dodging from all angles. Before long, baseballs were raining from the heavens, and coming up from below too.

“I… can’t… do… this!”

“You need to focus, Sweetie! Believe me, if you can’t handle this then you’ll never defeat- oops, nearly gave the name away!”

Alos concentrated, closing her eyes for a second. When she opened them she found she could almost sense the balls before they arrived, and she dodged almost all of them.

“Wow, I’m a better teacher than I thought.” Eris muttered quietly.

"Okay, I think you earned the right to a spell." Eris said and snapped her claws, the world around them faded away and the two girls found themselves in a shooting range.

"Now, the correct way to teach this spell takes a lot of time, so I will just teach you the evil version."

"Evil?" Alos asked "But won't that-"

"Relax, it’s just focusing your negative emotions then blow stuff up, basically I will teach you the laser ray attack Twilight Sparkle used in her fight against the changelings, only this is the dark magic version. Just point your horn at a target, focus your magic in your horn, then think negative thoughts and let the magic get released on the target. Remember to also focus on wanting the target destroyed, or you might hurt yourself instead!"

Alos focused all her hate into hitting the target Eris had provided. It was a poorly created Applebloom doll. The laser fizzled pathetically, like a stream of confetti in energy form.

“...Why did you make it look like Applebloom? I don’t wanna hurt her!”

“To prove a point. Dark magic, like all magic, is about intent. If you don’t want to hurt your target, if you have even a little doubt, the slightest hesitation, the spell will fail. Oh, and if you’re wondering why a little filly like you can use such ridiculously powerful magic, well, really you’re just borrowing a little of my power. Think of yourself as a conduit for my magic, rather than it being your own.”

Eris summoned a doll of herself instead.

“Try using the spell on that. Think of all the things I’ve put you and your friends through, all the frustration and misery.”

Alos had a sudden idea. She charged the spell as best she could, and her horn began to glow a dark shade of purple. Just as she was about to fire she turned towards the real Eris and unleashed the spell.

There was a bright flash of light, and the resulting beam was like something out of a comic book. She wondered if she had actually hurt her. Eris appeared, unharmed and grinning wildly.

“Now,” she said, her eyes glinting with madness, “you’re thinking like a dark magic user.”

“I… I am?” Alos said. The idea she had done something that evil sickened her, but she had been wanting to cause that kind of damage all day. A small part of her still wished the spell had actually hit Eris.

"But, you’re supposed to be a heroine, so I’m afraid that won’t do. Try again, on the doll this time, and just focus on wanting it destroyed, no other emotions; you WANT it destroyed, you NEED it destroyed, understand?"

Sweetie Belle was confused, why didn't Eris teach her to do the attack that way first? Then she looked at the Eris doll, it was not the real Eris, but it was close enough. Still, she tried to push all her anger away, she focused on just wanting to destroy the doll. Before she knew what happened, she shot a ray of green magic that turned the doll to ashes.

"Well done, just a thousand more targets to do, and this time, they will be moving targets!" Eris snapped her claws and Sweetie Belle found herself in a big blue room that looked out of a videogame, a lot of Eris' doll floating around. At first blasting the dolls away was easy, but after over a hundred she fell down, panting hard.

Little Eris appeared next to her. "Now, my cute student, what have you learned?"

“Kill everything that moves, and Dodging is Magic.”

"No, it was supposed to be a lesson about how dark magic is easier but bad, and that you can't do everything on your own." Eris said, sounding disappointed.

“Oh yeah, that too I guess. So why did you teach me the ‘wrong’ kind of magic, then? To teach me a moral about doing what’s right rather than what’s easy?”

"Actually, it was more because you need to know good from bad. Most magic teachers avoid teaching the dark arts, but that's like telling a little foal to not do something, the student will want to learn the dark arts because he or she is not supposed to. If the teacher instead showed them dark magic and proved them how harmful it can be, there would be a lot less evil wizards and witches, don't you think?"

“Hmm, you’ve really put some thought into this. Hey Eris, as a reward for all my hard work, can I handle that Rocket Launcher you were holding before?

Eris shrugged and the rocket launcher appeared in Alos’ hooves.

“Haha, think fast!” Alos fired it straight at her. The missile curved around in mid air.

“Oh, I forgot to mention, it’s missiles only seek ponies.”

“...son of a-”

One huge explosion later, Eris teleported them back home.

“Well, that was a productive day. Are you okay Sweetie, you look a little under the weather?”

Alos was still smoldering slightly. Eris chucked him a bandage and vanished.

“Sweetie Belle, is that you dear?” Starlight asked, wandering into the room.

“Oh my, Sweetie Belle, are you alright?”

“Never better.” Alos coughed.

"Now darling, you don't look good." Starlight said and picked the little pony up, then she cleaned her and gave Alos first aid. "Now dear, care to explain what happened to you?"

"Uh… Eris?" Sweetie Belle said, Starlight seemed to stand still for a moment then went to the kitchen and brought her a bowl of ice-cream with a big spoon.

"Weird." Alos said and used her magic to eat the ice-cream, she found that her telekinesis was stronger than before, in fact it was almost effortless. Why had saying Eris’ name had made the human react that way? Wait, human? Was Alos thinking of herself as not human already?

She then found a post-it note glued to the ice-cream bowl.

"From now on, your name is Bittersweet or Sweetie Belle."

Strange, why did Eris cared if she called herself A… she couldn't even think it!

'Alright, this is really too much Eris. I mean, censoring my thoughts? That’s a whole new level of cruel, even for you, A- BitterSweet' thought.

“So who is this ‘Eris’ character, Sweetie?” Starlight said.

“The meanest, most hateful, evil wonderful and intelligent Dragonequss you’ll ever meet!... DARN IT ERIS, STOP MESSIN’ WITH MY HEAD!”

The world turned grayscale, freezing everything but the little pony, who remained in color "Fine, but the name change stays." Eris voice said in her head, then the world returned to normal.

"What we were talking about?" Starlight asked confused.

"Uh, you were going to bed and decided to let me watch TV all night?"

"Nice try, darling, but is time for you to go to bed." Starlight picked the little pony and took her to the guest room, it only had a single bed and Kate was using it, but the woman prepared Sweetie Belle a big basket with pillows and sheets to sleep in.

Something strange was in the air that night, however. Rather than go to sleep Sweetie Belle began to hear a strange music playing outside. She slowly went down the stairs, and crept out the window.

The grass was cold, and the breeze was soft and refreshing against Sweetie Belle’s fur. She began to follow the music down the road.

'Strange, I think I’ve heard this tune before…'

She came to a stop all of a sudden, in the middle of a forest clearing. The moonlight shone brightly down, and as she looked up she saw something incredible.

“The stars, they’re-!”

Above her, the constellations warped into words. She began to read.

"Hey, is this thing on? Oh hi Sweetie Belle! Oh, I guess that isn’t really you, huh? Luna is using her magic to send you a message across the stars! Oh wait, no, she’s writing you a message WITH the stars across worlds! She said she'd write it herself, but she’s using all of her power just to keep the line open. I was the only one around to help, so she told me to write it instead.

Anyway, what are the parties like in your world? Do they have cake? Balloons? I was just thinking the other day about how awesome it would be if we coul- Oh, sorry, she’s running out of stars out here!

Anyway, Luna says the spell may be reversible, but only if the pony who originally cast it uses a reverse spell. I hope they’re still around, whoever they are!

Oh, and one more really important thing, you and the other girls have to-"

But there were no stars left to move. BitterSweet cursed at her misfortune, and decided that if she ever visit Equestria, she would not let Pinkie Pie write a letter for her.

She walked back to her room, wondering if the music was a part of the spell. She had never seen Luna use such magic on the show, but being able to move stars made sense to her. Night was her domain, after all.

After that, the little unicorn jumped into the basket and fell asleep. Her dream sent her to some kind of castle, where she found Kate dressed like a farm girl.

"Hey, Sweetie, want some tea?" Kate said and smiled. Bittersweet found herself sat next to a table, drinking tea with her sister.

"Before you ask, yes, I am the real Kate. Eris told me I can make ponies I know enter my dreams now. Is she trying to make me Princess Luna or something?" Kate smiled then looked at her confused sister. "So, the stars were quite different tonight, right?"

“You saw that too, huh? I thought it was pretty awesome, I had no idea Luna could do that. Hey, sis, did you also hear a strange music? I swear I’d heard that song before…”

"Your special talent is singing, why don't you try to sing the song?" Kate asked "Is just the two of us here, Eris isn't spying on this dream, she promised not to."

As soon as she began to sing the lyrics came to her, as if she had known them all along.

“This isn’t the first time,

It won’t be the last,

We’ve met in the future,

We’ll meet in the past.

All time shall unravel,

All things be unborn,

If none can withstand

The cold light of Dawn.

We’ve met in our dreams,

And we’ll meet in the light

The three stand united,

Upon Nightmare Night."

BitterSweet seemed drained, completely exhausted.

“Wait, what did I say? It felt like I was in a trance, like the words were locked inside me up until that point.”

"I think it was a song about three little ponies meeting up during Nightmare Night. I wish I could have recorded such a beautiful song." Kate said and hugged her sister. "Now, we still have some time, is there something else you wanna talk about?"

BitterSweet thought hard about the next question. He wasn’t sure how to put it.

“Kate, you told me you liked me more as a sister than as a brother. I was thinking, even if I get the chance, would you want me to change back? I mean, I’m worried we’ll become distant like before. Be honest, I’ll respect your decision either way. And even though I really don’t care what mom and dad will think, I’m willing to stay like this if you think it will keep us together.”

"Well, as a brother you were… a jerk. You ignored me, or you acted all superior, you acted like you didn't want others to know I was your sister. I want you to be happy because you are family and I love you, but… can't I be a bit selfish? If I can then I prefer you as Sweetie Belle."

BitterSweet smiled.

“Alright, I’ll stay like this for you, but please Kate, do me a favor… you’re going to be a teenager soon, and it’s possible that you’ll get tired of having a cute cartoon horse around. Promise me that you’ll remember that I’m your sister, and that I love you, even if I start to look ‘uncool’ later in life, okay?”

Kate laughed "Sister, you know why I am insane? Because I prefer the company of fantasy over reality, because I talk to imaginary friends at an age where I should have started to grow up. I don't think I will ever outgrow you. I might get tired of cartoons or ponies, but… you are family, that won't change."

BitterSweet became serious for a second.

“No, Kate, you prefer me now because I care about you. Me looking like this is probably just a bonus, though to be honest this look has kinda grown on me too! Please don’t tell anyone I said that last part. “

Sweetie Belle thought for a second.

“And you know what this means, right? Your wish will come true; you’ll get to be friends with a talking pony, no matter what.”

BitterSweet hugged her sister.

“Oh, and from now on, Sis? Call me SweetHeart.”

"I think Eris would approve that." Kate said then rubbed her chin. "Besides my wish was to be friends with ponies, as in plural, you are already my friend."

Kate then looked down. "It… it is wrong to be happy? To want to meet and hug cute little ponies even knowing they are really humans Eris forced to change?"

“Well I can’t speak for Applebloom or ScootaChew, but I think maybe this was a blessing in disguise, in a way. I’m still not sure how this new life is gonna work for me, whether I’ll have to get a job, or what things will be like when I get older, but really, some good has come from it.”

SweetHeart had another difficult question on his mind.

“Hey, Sis, I just wondered… how are we gonna tell mom and dad about this? I think we better leave the ‘changing back’ part out, if they find out I have even the smallest chance to change back and that I’m going to choose this life anyway, they’re gonna freak out ten times as hard.”

"They… they don't need to know, they think you are in jail anyway, remember? Besides, they never really… loved you much. You know how they reacted when I told them that lie? Like they had kind of expected that you would end up in jail. What did you do to get them to despise you so much anyway?"

“Well, I know they always wanted a daughter more, I guess that's why we didn’t get along for so long- you got all the attention and I was jealous, so I started acting out. To me, negative attention was better than being ignored. But then... they stopped caring about you too when you started going a little, erm, y’know."

"Crazy? Hey, I know I am not normal, but in a world with talking ponies, messages in the sky written with stars and an imaginary friend that turned to be a reality warper, who can say who is sane and who is not?"

“You’re right Kate, but I still feel I should tell them. I mean, look what this did for us! I mean, maybe this will be a clean break for them as well. I don’t think they’ll take it nearly as well as you have, and I have no idea how I’m going to explain any of this to them, but even still.”

"A wise man once said, you can't pick your family, but you can pick your friends. Besides, think they will prefer a pony instead of a son? They aren't like me, they won't believe you, they will send you away, you’ll get hurt. I am the oldest sister now, and I won't let you."

Sweetheart turned away.

“Then there is only one other option… Kate, we’re going to have to fake my death. If we don’t, they’ll think I’ve gone missing, and I’m not sure which would be worse. I mean, unless Eris agrees to make them forget about me completely, I’m not sure there’s any other option...”

"Eris already made them believe you are in jail, but she didn't have do anything to make them not want to visit you, they honestly don't want to see you again."

“You know, it’s ridiculous but I think I’d rather be forgotten than have them hate me the way they do right now. I’m so glad I have you, Kate. If you hadn’t been there to help me during the first few days of me being like this then I think I’d be wandering the streets now, cold and alone.”

"Sweetheart, if Eris makes them forget you, it won't just be their memories, every trace that you ever existed, maybe save for your facebook account, will be gone. She doesn't like to do things halfway, unless is for a joke. Are you sure?"

“Well, she may erase my past, but she wouldn’t dare erase me myself. She’s betting everything on me and the others being the ones to take down… well, whatever evil is out there. Actually, I’ve been meaning to ask you about that. Did Eris ever mention any kind of ancient evil to you? Something she’d need three ponies to defeat?”

"Brother… did your life as a human suck that much? You are giving up on it quite easily." Kate asked on a worried tone. "Oh, and she hates spoilers, she might or not have told me, but real friends don't tattle each other."

SweetHeart leaned in closer, and whispered to her sister.

“To be honest sister, it kinda did suck that much. I was like a slob, but worse. No friends, no job, no principles, I hurt the people around me. Who would have thought it would have taken something this big to shake me out of that darkness!” she laughed.

“By the way, were you angry at her at first? She pretended to be something she wasn’t for years, and she has been pretty cruel to me and ScootaChew as well. Have you talked to her about it? Not to poke my nose where it doesn’t belong, if it’s between you and her I mean.”

"That's private BFF business ya know." Kate said crossing her arms "Besides… is kind of my fault you became Sweetie Belle. I might… have told the fake Sweetie Belle that I would prefer if she was my sister instead of having a jerkass brother."

SweetHeart seemed shocked for a second.

“Well, I’m sure you didn’t mean it quite this literally. And to be honest, I’d have probably said the same thing in your shoes. You were being ignored, Kate. By me, by mom and dad… you needed a friend. I guess that’s why Eris came to you in the first place.”

"Actually, I DID meant what I said, even if my idea was not having you change into a pony." Kate then started to pet the little pony's ears. "I guess that's why I didn't stay angry with Eris for long. She did give me what I asked, didn't she?"

Kate then smiled. "Oh, I could be so many things, I could be Princess Luna or Princess Celestia, or even greater… but… I honestly don't want that. I am still a young girl, I wanna enjoy it while it lasts, before hormones start to make me act stupid."

“Yeah, being a teenager sucked for me, and I can’t promise it won’t for you either. You’ll go through heartbreak and joy, and so many other things. That’s the price of growing up, you lose the child you were in order to face the woman you will become.”

SweetHeart looked wistfully into the distance.

“Still, it’s inevitable right? So there’s no point in worrying about it. Things are easier when you have to go through them, because everyone else has to go through it too. You won’t be alone, whatever happens, I promise. Not anymore.”

"Actually… it’s not inevitable. Not for me, Eris could make it so I’ll never grow up… " Kate said and seemed to really think about it for a moment.

"Mmm, I think know I won't really grew up inside, it’s part of my… condition, ya know? Is like a small part of me knows how someone of my age should act, but the rest of me just says 'nope, don't worry be happy!'. So… what do you think about that?"

“Well Kate, to be honest in some ways you are already more mature than I am, and I’m just over twice your age! I mean, let’s pretend you had turned into a pony instead. Would I have been as kind or understanding towards you? The old me, I mean? I’d have probably laughed or tried selling you to the circus, I was a HORRIBLE brother!”

"Well, you are a brony." Kate said as if that answered everything "No circus, you would have probably try to keep me as a exotic pet."

“That’s not much better really, and it shows how little I thought of you.”

"To be honest, I was kind of tempted to keep you as exotic pet when I found out you were my brother. Still… remember what I said about not wanting to steal your spotlight? Well… I might want some changes… after you are done with this adventure of yours."

"Screw that, 'who wants to live forever?' saying, I do want to live forever! Besides, somepony has to keep Eris company, right? So is it so wrong to want to live for a long, long time? Is not like I will have that much people that I will miss..."

SweetHeart seemed hurt.

“Well yeah, Sis, but you’d… you’d outlive me too. I mean, you probably will anyway, I mean I don’t want to know how long ponies live, but I hope I get about 80 years altogether.”

"Ponies in the show live a long time, Granny Smith was a young filly before Ponyville was founded. Still… I will miss you but… I am the Fluttershy of my Discord, kind of… so sorry, but I do want to keep Eris company."

“Sis… I understand. I hope there’s a heaven, because I want to see you happy from up there when I finally go.”

The dream world began to distort, the light growing dimmer. SweetHeart smiled.

“Well, I’ll see you soon, Sis!”

For a second, Sweetheart could have sworn she was in a different place. It felt like the future. She looked up at the moon, and saw it had been blasted in two. Eris was there, and she had a very serious expression.

“Beware the Dawn.”

Sweetheart awoke with a fright. What the heck was going on?

Author's Note:

All lyrics appearing in this chapter where written by Alos88 and are his original creation.

Story co-written with Alos88 and ChewyCard.

New chapters are to come, please give feedback!

Thanks to The J.A.M for beta reading this chapter.

Comments ( 7 )

Welcome back to writing..... I skimmed through some of it, but seeing as its 1:40 am at the time of this post... I'm a bit tired after a 13 hour work shift so.... Yeah ill reread tomorrow

Is there an apple bloom or a babs seed version, where Sweetie belle and scootaloo help unite the Crusaders, and maybe explore the lives of the fillies as they attend school, interact with their families, etc in Equestria or on earth?

4494307

Applebloom does have her own story in the sequel. ECMC season one was made to be four parts. This is part two.

I just read the story and I have to say it's pretty good. I like the plot of the story and the ambivalence the main character has been feeling throughout the story. The only cripe I have with the story is the dialogue. It's not particular bad or anything but it seems to never end at times. Space it out by adding descriptions so the readers can visualize the situation more, and in turn be even more engrossed in the story. It's just distracts me from the story when their is no action going on. But good job otherwise.

5413433

Well the main problem was that Alos88 disappeared, hence why this story has not been continued-

5797499 I hate it when you're trying to work with someone over the internet and the for some reason they just disappear for a while... I've experienced it a few times myself. I have too much stuff to do in school nowadays that I don't have time to do much else, so it's not much of a problem for me anymore seeing as I don't have the time to commit to joint/collaboration projects. Though it is kind of fun to do, especially when using teamviewer and trying to figure out what to write down or what animation to use in the video editing or et cetera. Hope he returns soon :/

These chapters are too long!:raritycry: can you break them up to 2,000 words per chapter please?:fluttershysad:

Login or register to comment