• Published 7th Mar 2014
  • 969 Views, 4 Comments

Breezie Journal - Silent Strider



Twilight and friends are stuck in the Breezie Kingdom when the portal close. But there is another portal, once used by a pony to enter the land of the breezies a long time ago.

  • ...
1
 4
 969

Recognition

Twilight was reading a review of the article on breezie ecology she helped pen when she heard excited knocking on the door. Spike was out doing the grocery, so Twilight got up and went to the door. “I’m coming!”

As she opened the door she saw Flitter, a radiant smile in her face. “Twilight, it was accepted! I’m in!”

“Flitter, calm down. What has been accepted where?”

Still beaming, Flitter brought forward a letter. “That article on breezie ecology you helped me write! I submitted it to the symposium on magical creatures that will happen at the Royal Academy, and it has been accepted!”

Twilight smiled back “Congratulations! It was mostly your effort, you know; I only helped polish it a little.”

Flitter looked away, blushing. “You are too kind.” She looked back at Twilight’s purple eyes. “Thanks again for giving me the journal of my great-great-uncle. You don’t know how much it matters to me.”

Twilight smiled sheepishly. “I kinda promised to give it back to Seabreeze next year.”

“Don’t worry, I will have it copied by then.”

“By the way,” Twilight looked confused, “Celestia asked me to tell you that you are forgiven, but that you should never again keep a secret from her when lives are on the line. Did something happen between you two?”

Author's Note:

Feel free to point flaws, errors, or to make suggestions; I'm here to learn.

Comments ( 2 )

I dunno. It feels like you're trying to finish this thing as fast as you can. The chapters are far too short, and plot points are just thrown out there with little exposition. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to downvote this.

4048626
No worries, at least you explained why you are downvoting. :twilightsmile:
Not many people do that, unfortunately.

For the record, anything I write for the EQD Writer's Training Grounds (which is almost everything I've written thus far) will feel, to some degree or another, rushed; it's roughly 4 days between the prompt being revealed and the deadline, and I'm not a fast writer.

Login or register to comment