• Published 7th Mar 2014
  • 968 Views, 4 Comments

Breezie Journal - Silent Strider



Twilight and friends are stuck in the Breezie Kingdom when the portal close. But there is another portal, once used by a pony to enter the land of the breezies a long time ago.

  • ...
1
 4
 968

Entering the Grotto

It was nearing sunset when Seabreeze pointed at a grotto on the side of the canyon, near a waterfall. “There!”

As the group prepared to dive a quacking sound made them stop. A flock of ducks, one of them carrying a wagon wheel on his neck, was passing in front of the waterfall, drawing curious stares from Applejack and a wide grin from Pinkie Pie. In less than a minute the ducks were out of the way, the group finally diving towards the grotto.

Leading the belated breezie group and the other ponies turned breezies, Fluttershy and Seabreeze went inside the grotto, passing under curtains of overhanging moss and over glowing mushrooms. Reaching the end of the cave, the group passed through a hole in the wall, it’s borders coruscating with magic.

On the other side was a magical land, bathed in the golden gleam of an unseen sun. Moss and strange flowers glowed under the dimming light, competing for space on the ground with bushes. Further away a lake could be seen, divided into two levels by a waterfall and painted golden by the matching sky. To the left, ringing the lake, were large mushrooms turned into houses, their undersides softly glowing in a turquoise hue; as one moved sunwise, the mushrooms slowly gave way to a large castle in white and golden, with a red roof, constructed around another, larger, waterfall.

A large number of breezies gently floated over and around the lake.

Rainbow Dash’s eyes were glittering as she took the sight. “Holy mini-sized paradise!”

Rarity’s smile reflected the true beauty around her. “This is simply beautiful! So much inspiration.” Her eyebrows furrowing in consternation, she looked around. “Where's my sketchpad when I need it?”

At her side, Pinkie Pie bounced, her enthusiasm undeterred by her tiny size. “So… stinkin’… cute!”

At the sight of the new arrivals, breezies came out of their mushroom houses, embracing their belated friends and relatives. Seabreeze went over to an orange breezie whose eyes were filled with joyful tears, gently taking in his arms the baby his beloved was presenting, and receiving her embrace in return.

Close to the entrance, Applejack, her eyebrows furrowed in concern, came over to a crying Fluttershy. “You okay, Fluttershy?”

A kind smile on her face, Fluttershy let her tears fall. “I'm just so very happy they got to be reunited with their family!”

While the breezies cherished their reunion, Rarity looked back to the magical hole, her hoof covering her mouth. She turned back to her friends. “We'd better get going before the entrance- well, exit for us, closes.”

As the golden sky darkened and turned crimson, heralding the night, the hole flashed once with a white light and vanished.

Author's Note:

Feel free to point flaws, errors, or to make suggestions; I'm here to learn.