• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 541 Views, 8 Comments

Ponies of The Beyond: A wolves of the beyond crossover - EnderW0lfCraft3r



A mix between Wolves of the beyond and mlp. Twilight and co. wander into a mysterious new world... if you have not read Wolves of The beyond by K.Lasky YOU WILL DIE OF CONFUSION.

  • ...
1
 8
 541

Part 2

The mane six followed obediently behind the wolves. Each of them were scared and confused.
Airmead shoved the mane six into a clearing and dragged out a blue-gray wolf by her scruff.
"We found this one wandering around." The Whistler rasped in his rough exotic voice. He paused. "She claimed to try to fly away."
He paused again, as if unsure what so make of his own words.
"She must be cag-mag." Airmead shook her head and sighed through the blue-gray wolf's scruff.
"Put her with the others." Katria ordered.

Abban went up to Fluttershy and bared his teeth.
"This one is yellow, like my father." He spat the word 'father' like it was bitter in his mouth.
Fluttershy looked up at him from her paws. He shoved his head into her face, making her shrink back.
"My father was a monster. You look just like it." Abban had refused to refer to Heep as a wolf or even a 'he'. Abban refered heep to be an 'it'.

"And what about you?" Gwynneth twisted her owl head to Spike's. "Were you something before an owl?"
"Yes a dragon actually." Spike confessed.
"A dragon!" Gwynneth screeched. "A DRAGON?! Quit talking rac-drops and don't try to frink me off." She hissed.
Frink? Cag-mag? Rac-drops?! None of them knew a darned thing they were saying. But they had picked up that it wasn't anything good. Ponies rarely swore in Equestria.

"The pups must be hungry, and the new comers too." Edme said finally. "Mhairie, Faolan, please put together a byrrgis."
A few of the wolves set off leaving Edme, Dearlea, the pups, and a few other wolves with the mane six.
"So tell me" Edme said, her voice calm like a stream. "What are you?" The wolves blinked and Twilight spoke.
"We... We're ponies. All six of us. Spike is a dragon." Twilight said, her voice thick with pleading honesty.

"Ponies?" Edme was intrigued but still remained her composure. "Like...Horses?"
"Yes. I am an Alicorn, Rarity here is a unicorn, Fluttershy is a pegasus, and Apple Jack and Pinkie Pie are ponies."
"Alicorn? Unicorn? Pegasus?" Edme had heard of unicorns and pegasi, but she had never heard of an alicorn.
"I'm...uh..."Twilight felt herself getting hotter as she thought of her humbling title.

"She is a princess." Rarity objected from the silence.
Edme blinked her single eye and looked fondly at her.
"Well then, Princess Twilight, i apologize for my home pack treating you so harshly." Twilight nodded sharply.
"You see, ponies, we had some trouble with a yellow wolf, Heep, in the past. He was a route of out laws and fought us in a grusome battle over the ice bridge." She had sensed Twilight's confusion.

"The ice bridge was a huge bridge of ice crossing from here to The Beyond. The Beyond was destroyed in an earth quake along with thousands of animals." It was terrifying.

Edme took a deep breath and tried to comprehend the absurd wolves and their situation. Twilight obviously didn't seem cag-mag, and neither did the rest of them. She decided she would find out what would become of them if she supposed that she believed them.

"And what about that one over there?" Edme nodded her head to the blue wolf. Twilight peered close.
"Rainbow dash!" She cried.
The blue wolf's head shot up and she quickly regained consciousness.
"Twilight-we-gotta-get-out-of-here-these-wolves-are-gonna-attack-us!!!!" She sputtered out her words and passed out again.
"I deeply apologize, she had threatened our out flankers and we had no choice but to knock her out."
Twilight nodded and looked at her paws.

Edme sniffed the air and said gleefully.
"Our byrrgis brought our food." Her regal wisdom faded and Twilight saw that it was all an act as she was about to get up childishly.
The stopped herself and looked at Twilight and her friends.
"Come now. You can eat with us. You're not our hostages. You're our guests." She said the last part a bit louder so that all the wolves could hear.

The mane six smelled something that made their mouth water. they licked their lips and their sharp, pearly teeth.
They watched intently at the bush that they could smell the aroma coming from.
The mane six's lips twitched as the bush rustled and Mhairie's back side came into view, she was dragging something. Some thing big and heavy.

The bushed parted. Twilight's worst fear came dragging through the shrub. Rarity tucked her tail and stared. Rainbow Dash shut her eyes. Apple Jack put a paw over her heart. Pinkie pie whimpered. Spike went yeep. His wings locked and he stumbled onto the ground. Fluttershy's breathing quickened.
"What is this?!" She screamed. Edme's ears perked up and soon her eyes flooded with understanding.
"I'm so sorry. Wolves are carnivorous. We eat other animals. It's how we are." Edme begged her to relate to her own situation.
A shadow cast over Fluttershy's eyes.
"D-did you... Did you kill this...?" She muttered.

Edme lowered her head.
"It is the only way. A wolf cannot survive by eating plants. It is a perversion of the Great Chain."
Fluttershy began to weep and shoved her muzzle into her paws. She continued crying and looked up through her tears at the dozens of wolves staring at her. She got up and shook herself. She stared at Edme, her teal eyes reddening not just with tears, but with anger."

"You killed this innocent creature?! What did he ever do to you?!" Fluttershy screamed at Edme.
Edme took a step back, surprised at the shy, gentle wolf's sudden hostility. Edme's own eyes hardened. Edme too was usually a kind, gentle creature, but was firm when needed.
"I have already explained that this is the natural way. Every carnivorous animal eats herbivores."
"You... You stupid wolf!!!!!" Fluttershy screamed out and took a leap at Edme.

Faolan dove between Edme and Fluttershy as his transformation into a bear began. His guard hairs froze white, his muzzle broadened, his muscled pulsed through his pelt. He unleashed an earth shaking roar. Fluttershy's eyes went nearly as wide as her face and she shrunk back into the shuddering pile that her friends formed. His long white fangs dripped with saliva and her stood in front of Edme, snarling. He stalked over to Fluttershy, his face looking more bear like than ever.
"You do not insult my mate, do you understand me?!" His break blew back Fluttershy's whiskers.

Fluttershy nodded quickly and he Faolan drew himself up to full height. He was a bit taller than a sapling. His fur reflected the moon and shone like silver. His starry coat softened and he began to look like a wolf again. He turned away and ripped into the carcass of the caribou. All the wolves followed. Reluctant at first, fear and hunger got the best of them and they all found themselves eating the meat peacefully without objections. This although, was not something that they would eat ever again or in Equestria.

Rainbow Dash looked around. She was scared when she was wandering aimlessly around the woods. Though despite the fact about Faolan's little warning to Fluttershy, she felt some what safe with every thing. She looked around. All the wolves here were a family. Rainbow had listened to the stories that Edme began to tell. They had been through treacherous things, these wolves. They were all beginning to think that friendship may exist everywhere. One wolf with a particularly rough past was Abban. He had snapped at Fluttershy because of her yellow coat.

His father was a yellow wolf as well. Rainbow Dash always had a close relationship with her father. Abban hated his. Rainbow took a long look at Abban. His fur was tawny... and a bit orange- brown. She felt that even that he snapped at Fluttershy, he seemed the closest to her. She didn't know why, she was truly a pony, a pegasus in fact, but Rainbow Dash felt that she could get to know Abban.

To her luck, Abban had walked over to her after they both finished eating.
"So you were telling Edme... that your a horse?" He said flatly.
"Yea... Ponies..." Rainbow Dash felt awkward. She turned her head away. Abban looked at her boldly.
"You're lucky I'm not Myrr... or even Maudie. Mauidie's mum was killed by Heep's wolves on the ice bridge, and Myrr's parents by the Skaars Dancing Plague. Edme and Faolan raised them. Any one who ridicules them will definitely get it from Maud and Myrr."
Abban chuckled and suddenly looked scurrilously at Rainbow Dash?

"You don't have to be so shy. Edme said that you're our guests, remember?" Abban tapped her with a paw. Rainbow Dash smiled and giggled lightly.
Pinkie Pie had started up conversation with Maudie and Myrrglosch. They thought she was hilarious and funny. Pinkie Pie just had a way of making everything smile.
Rarity was complimenting Dearlea on her silky long fur. Dearlea was a skreeleen and didn't go hunting or mess up her fur often at all.
Fluttershy was apologizing to Edme for snapping at her, she admitted that she was scared and usually cares for animals. Edme nodded in understanding and apologized for Faolan snarling at her.
Apple Jack listened to Caila's story of how she took in Mhairie and dearlea after them and Faolan's mother, Morag died. She also was brain washed into being loyal to Heep when she had Abban.

Twilight was thinking of spell books at the time.
What spell could she use to get her and her friends home?! She had remembered about something while the word 'books' was on her mind.
Wolves of the Beyond! The wolves had mentioned 'the Beyond' right? They did! Edme had referred to ' the earth quake in the Beyond'! The beyond! She remembered it all so clearly now. Her memory traveled back to her and the rest of them in the library. She had asked Spike to grab a book for her spell as quick as he could. Twilight had told him the wrong area of the library for him retrieve the book from. The spell was a mass teleportation spell. They needed a quicker way to get to Canterlot for Rarity.

In Ponyville, Rarity needed all the time she could get to make dresses. Twilight had offered a spell so when she gets a big order, she can teleport them in seconds. She needed a location, but Spike had grabbed the wrong book and she had read out loud : The Distant Blue of Wolves of the Beyond.

"Gather around girls... and Spike." Twi called to them.
The other wolves were confused. twilight politely asked them to step back. They were going home, and she now knew how. Twilight's horn protruded through her fur and began to glimmer.

Twilight's horn lit up and magic coursed through her. She said the location for the spell to work and a purple light shimmered through the air. The wolves were amazed to see for a few moments the 6 wolves and the one owl were floating in a cloud of pink light. For a short time, they flashed a transformation into ponies and disappeared.

The mane six opened their eyes and they were lying in a pile inside of the Ponyville library.The looked at them selves and at each other and cheered. They were ponies again! They hugged each other.

Rainbow Dash would never forget Abban. She saw just how much she appreciated her relationship with her dad.
Pinkie Pie would cherish Maudie and Myrr in her memory. They came from terrifying pasts but still allowed Pinkie to laugh with them. The two reminder her alot of the Cake twins.
Rarity would remember Dearlea and her beautiful fur, voice and ways she learned from her and Mhairie's life with Faolan.
Apple Jack would forever keep in mind the courage and hardships Caila faced, for it inspired her.
Fluttershy would not forget Edme's gentle, gracefulness and her forgiveness.

Twilight would never forget the life of a wolf or the daunting reality of violence and survival. The sacrifices made every day by the wolves taught her that even though the world seems dangerous and unforgiving, death can give life, and sacrifices will always be made, sometimes its for the better.

Comments ( 7 )

Any reason why this story doesn't have a dark tag?

Comment posted by IggitaBiggita deleted Mar 2nd, 2014

4021325 Thanks so much its my favorite and i think its needs WAY more shout-outs :pinkiehappy:

Omgashh omgasshhhh omgassshhhh omgassshh omgasshhh omgassshhhhh !!!!!!!! My 2 fav things ever in one :D

Continuation would have been nice

Very good. U should continue!!!! :twistnerd:

Login or register to comment