• Published 20th Feb 2014
  • 1,577 Views, 37 Comments

Hate Is A Strong Word - Mr Blu Shy



When an unnamed human dies, he is sent to Equestria, just like everyone else. But this time, everything is different.

  • ...
44
 37
 1,577

Chapter 4: The Truth

-Bleep- -Bleep-
Mmmh…

'I'm sorry.' I mumbled, I didn’t know where I was at first. I was in some sort of medical unit, it didn’t look much like a hospital. I attempted to move, but I couldn’t feel any of my body. I heard a lot of talking, for what seemed like hours all mashed up together.

As I was thinking, I suddenly woke up. I was in a very small bed. I hate my life, I kept thinking. Those ponies… were they real, or a dream? I hope they were real. I couldn’t tell because there was no-one around, just me in my bed. It was too quiet. As I looked around, I saw something flicker in the corner of my eye.

All of a sudden, a wave of flickers began and I felt like I was falling, almost like…
-BANG-

With a start, I woke up, again. I guess I was dreaming, I don’t know. No, I do know, was dreaming, because now there were ponies, a lot of them. I looked towards the opposite of the room, and I saw something that made me cringe a bit. There was, what I'm guessing, was a mother and her child, and the child was crying.

I have to admit, I'd seen many children cry, but something about that little pony made me feel very… I don’t even know how to put it; it was like it reflected my childhood. Enough, stop giving me sympathy you stupid reader.

What?

Oh, on with the story. Anyway, after that, I looked around more and saw some nurses, doctors, and patients. That was about it. I looked at myself to see what the damage was, and to be honest, I was glad, it was only my arm that appeared to be hurt, broken in fact. Oh sh*t.

'Hello there.' said someone. I looked towards the side of my bed and saw that pink pony. I had forgotten her name. I have to say, I think I saw her least, I'm not entirely sure.

'What the hell do you want?' I asked, very annoyed.

'I don’t want anything, silly. Actually, I did want to know something.' Did she have to be here, now? 'I wanted to know how you were feeling, because after a fall like that, I thought you were a goner.'

'Look, pink thing, I don’t care.' Please, just leave.

'Aww… Mishter gwumpy pants isn’t vewy well.' No, I've had it now.

'Piss off you little—' Welp. I just swore in front of many ponies, most of which were children. I do hate myself sometimes. The pony who was talking to me had stopped smiling, she had instead starting frowning.

'I-I'm sorry.' She said, before turning around and walking off. I wanted to say something, but by the time I had thought of something, it was way too late.

I don’t even know why I am here. I forgot… something to do with Apple… something. I must have hit my head real bad. 'Any nurse, at all?' I asked. Quite quickly, a nurse pony came over and asked if I needed anything, but she didn’t look too happy, I am assuming it's because I'm not very nice, however, I asked her if she knew someone called Apple… something, and she told me about the Apple family at Sweet Apple Acres.

That's where I'm going. As soon as I finish up here, I'm gonna go there. Which was right now, it's just a broken arm, not like I'm gonna do much without it, as it's also my left arm.

I looked around, got up and walked off, looking here and there, trying to see if anyone was going to stop me, but no-one did. No-one wanted to talk to the selfish piece of… stop. No, you're doing it again, stop sympathising!

I walked out of the hospital slash medical unit rather easily, and the first pony I see happened to be the blue one with rainbow mane.

'Yo, sky queen.' Wow, is that the best insult I could think of? That role sounds actually cool. Anyway, she turned around and scowled at me.

'What do you want?' she asked. No return insult?

'Where is… uhm, Sweet Apple Acres?' I asked. The second I said that, she cringed, and pointed in one direction, then telling me that if I do anything else that she would do something, which frightened me a little.

I walking in that direction, passing some ponies that looked scared of me, some that looked like they wanted to kill me, and some that… just didn’t care, funny.

I came to a stop in the market place I had found, and a gravel path led to a big gate in the distance, but form here, I could read the sign above it said Sweet Apple Acres. So I ran towards it, I needed to speak to her. As I ran, I saw something big and red in front of the gate, and I stopped to see what it was before I ran into it. It was a 'he', and I did not want to talk to him right now, so I tried sneaking past him.

This was a failure, however, as he spotted me, and kicked me from behind, taking my arm straight to hell. It hurt like a million termites ripping through my skin. Not that termites even eat humans, but I had like 4 seconds to think about it. I fell on the floor from the impact of the kick, or rather, buck, and gasped for air.

'You ain't welcome here.' I heard. I tried to speak, but he kicked the air from my lungs, so I just looked like a mentally challenged idiot. Not to mention, but my arm was broken, and I could see blood…

Oh no… not you again… the tears… no!

Basically, I haven’t cried in like, forever, and I didn’t really want to start now, because of the fact that I was trying to be a badass.

A few tears trickled down my left cheek as I carried on gasping. Have you ever fallen on your back and wasn’t able to breathe for a few seconds, leaving you to believe you would die?

The red stallion then mumbled something and sighed quite angrily. I could then see a crowd of ponies looking at me, brilliant. Absolutely fabulous!

They began name-calling, and threatening me, which was disturbing. I could’ve guessed that they had heard about me, or they were just anti-human. In any case, I looked towards the house inside the gate, and I could’ve sworn I saw something in the window. Something shifted something small. I didn’t bother trying to think about it, but I looked at my arm again, and it was spouting blood, everywhere. My, oh f*ck! MY BONE WAS STICKING OUT!

At this point, I began to feel dizzy and sick. I looked once more at the ponies and began to breathe normally, but I still felt uneasy. The crowd then ran away, but I looked towards the sky, trying to keep myself awake. However, something blocked my view of the sun, and I gave in. Just before I fainted, I heard one thing, 'Get him in the house…'

-Crash-

'I'M SORRY!' I shouted as I woke up. I looked at my arm, which still had the bone sticking out. EFF! As I realized this is the second time today, if was even the same day, I had woken up not remembering what had happened. No, I do remember, I think.

There was something looming over me before I fell unconscious, again. I don’t know what it was though.

'Hello?' someone asked. I turned to look in the direction it came from, and there was that little pony from before, the sister of the other one, whose hat I regrettably ripped to shreds.

'You again… Where is she?' I asked.

'Ma sister? She's…' Ok, if you say dead, or very hurt, I'm gonna be so pissed off. Not that it's her fault; obviously destroying her hat had had a bigger effect on her than I previously thought. 'She's doin' alright, I guess.' Thank god.

'Where is she?' I asked, curiously, I heard a creak outside the room and without saying a word, me and the filly knew she was there.

'Applebloom', oh hell, she did not sound like I had heard her before. Her voice was odd; it was cold, not in dread, or fear. But it was just, as though she hadn’t got a soul, like she was a robot.

'Applejack?! I was just… I—', before she could say anything, the filly was something with made her shut up and hurry away.

'Applejack, I knew it would—', as soon as I spoke, she began again.

'Ah didn’t give you permission to speak yet.' She said, and she hadn’t even come into the room, so I couldn’t see her yet, which made me slightly more conscious. 'Now, you are gonna to listen to me, and for every time you interrupt me, I am gonna hit you real hard.'

She walked into the room, finally. This is when I saw the thing that must have scared Applebloom so much. For, Applejack now had a huge mark down her face, from her ear, which had a chunk missing out of the side, down her the bottom of her cheek.

'Before you begin, what happened? I remember being an idiot, and then you were on a cliff-side, but what happened?' I didn’t exactly expect her to respond, but she did, looking me in the eye the whole time, which was quite intimidating.

'Ah jumped. You jumped after me, and we fell together. After that, we landed, I was on top of you, and ah fell to the side, cutting ma face on a rock, and you're arm got caught between a boulder and a broken log, it almost came clean off.' Wow, that is a lot to take in, and even when I'm an asshole, I want to say sorry, but I'd feel like a complete moron.

'Now, you're gonna listen, right?' she was going to explain something to me. I didn’t want to say anything, because she would hit me, so I just nodded. She walked over to the window opposite the room, and I took off a quilt that covered me and sat upright, carefully placing my arm, as it seems the bone had been stuck back inside the skin.

I climbed to the edge of the bed, and looked at her, as she stared out of the window.

'It all started when ah was six.' She began.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading!
Don't forget, competition!
The competition - Draw my OC in whatever means you can, and the best 2 get to be in this story!
AND I WILL DRAW FOR YOU A PICTURE IN RETURN OF YOUR OC!

Comments ( 4 )

awesome chapter you doing a a amazing job i can't for the next chapter:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

FINALLY, thanks man, really, i just started my own FIMFICTION, check it out, if u dont like it dont worry but please be honest with your comments, i will try to improve. anyway, THANKS FOR THIS CHAPTER, ILL WAIT FOR MORE.

Keep it up!
While there are some mistakes now and then but everyone is learning!
The story so far is well thought out.

I don't know why this story has so many dislikes, I think it's fine. A few mistakes here and there, but it really doesn't deserve all this hate.

Login or register to comment